Sign in to follow this  
88high

iRate Lego app

Ok, I know some of us have probably tried this app, the irate Lego app. It is where you rate other people's creations on a 1-5 scale.

It's a good way to kill some time

But it us booring

Not to mention a bunch of the pictures are copied off google, actuall sets, or very amateur.

Speaking of apps...i think eurobricks should develop a "eurobricks app" for AFOLS on the go!

Anybody with me?!?

Thanks!!!

Speaking of apps...i think eurobricks should develop a "eurobricks app" for AFOLS on the go!

I've considered it... but why do we need one? I access EB on my browser (android phone) without any issue. I can make posts, PMs, ban people... everything!

An administrator could pretty easily add support for Forum Runner, which is an app for both iPhone an Android optimizing forum use on phones. One other forum I visit uses this, and i feel it is much better than using the browser. It costs around $2 to download, though.

Edited by Aquanaut

An administrator could pretty easily add support for Forum Runner, which is an app for both iPhone an Android optimizing forum use on phones. One other forum I visit uses this, and i feel it is much better than using the browser. It costs around $2 to download, though.

We've had this discussion before, but people were asking for Tapatalk instead. Personally I think it's a waste of time bothering with either as it presents a cutdown version of the site which made sense a few years ago, but when many people have phones with 1GHz chips and 1GB of memory it's a pointless restriction.

Please don't support Tapatalk - the spam messages in their hard-coded signatures are one of the few modern annoyances of visiting message boards today.

We've had this discussion before, but people were asking for Tapatalk instead. Personally I think it's a waste of time bothering with either as it presents a cutdown version of the site which made sense a few years ago, but when many people have phones with 1GHz chips and 1GB of memory it's a pointless restriction.

Huh. I feel it let's you browse the the forums much more fluently, and gets you in the topics faster. To each his own, I guess. But why not at least give users the option? I have no experience with Tapatalk, though but I would be willing to try it.

But why not at least give users the option? I have no experience with Tapatalk, though but I would be willing to try it.

Loads of reasons;

1. In the past there have been security issues.

2. By default it nags guests to install the app, which means either we annoy guests or we have one more thing to hack.

3. I've heard the admin side is horrid.

4. From what I've heard on other sides and from the last time this was raised most people don't see the need.

...in short it's more work and problems for too little benefit. So far we've had two people really interested in it, and both times they were new members. *huh*

Loads of reasons; 1. In the past there have been security issues. 2. By default it nags guests to install the app, which means either we annoy guests or we have one more thing to hack. 3. I've heard the admin side is horrid. 4. From what I've heard on other sides and from the last time this was raised most people don't see the need. ...in short it's more work and problems for too little benefit. So far we've had two people really interested in it, and both times they were new members. default_huh.gif
Ah, I see. Never knew about any of those issues. The browsing on the small screen is however much more comfortable using it, but if most users prefer using their mobile browsers, i can understand that the nagging could be annoying. I won't bring it up again. <BR><BR>Edit: Sorry for not replying earlier, this forum is a bit too active for me to keep up with. Edited by Aquanaut