Jump to content


Heroica RPG - Quest 32: The Lost Children


487 replies to this topic

#51 Endgame

Endgame

  • [u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]


    Posts: 8529
    Joined: 08-September 11
    Member: 20312

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

"Excluding the keep, there appears to be nothing else of notable value here. I'm afraid we WILL have to go out in the open - wherever the sounds take us.
Participating as Sorrow in Heroica RPG: http://www.eurobrick...0
Also playing as Lynne in Heroic RPG: http://www.eurobrick...00#entry1983436
Currently hosting Quest #105: Eternal Reaper
And finally, plaing as Edward Grey in Red Menace Mafia.

#52 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

  • Yub yub!


    Posts: 2803
    Joined: 01-November 10
    Member: 14025
    Country: England

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

No-one answers Erik, his voice carrying on the wind...  overhead a winged creature swoops down and lands in front of the keep.
Posted Image

A winged Unicorn stands in front of the heroes defiantly.  It stares at the heroes, whinnies a challenges and prepares to charge!

Prepare for battle!


Posted Image
Peggy
Level 4 Flying Monster
Health 30/30
Special 1: Wing Stun - Peggy uses her wings to stun her attacker for the next round
Special 2: Gore - Peggy uses her horn to gore her attacker, inflicting 5 damage
QM Note:- Specials will alternate
Drops: Parasol (Quest Item), 50 gold


Party

Posted Image
Erik Tyrvarr, Level 1 Barbarian (Myrddyn)
18 years old male human
Power: 4
Health: 8/8
Gold: 10
Inventory: Axe (WP:3), Potion x2, Mead

Posted Image
Sorrow, Level 1 Rogue (Endgame) **Party Leader**
Power: 4
Health: 7/7
Gold: 10
Inventory: Scythe (WP:3) Potion x2, Venom

Posted Image
Mizuki Kimura, Level 1 Rogue (zakura)
21 years old Female Human
Power: 4
Health: 7/7
Gold: 0
Inventory: Black Katana(WP:3), Potion x2, Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb

Posted Image
Nagure, Level 1 Barbarian (Costy)
34 Year old male Yeti
Power: 4
Health: 8/8
Gold: 10
Inventory: Club (WP: 3), Potion x2, Bottle of Mead

Posted Image
Drake Flamerobe, Level 1 Knight (xxlrocka)
39 year old male human
Power: 4
Health: 10/10
Gold: 5
Inventory: Torch(WP:3), Shield(SP:2), Potion x2


Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

Edited by Rumble Strike, 29 April 2012 - 12:21 AM.

here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#53 Myrddyn

Myrddyn

    Posts: 1064
    Joined: 14-March 12
    Member: 27305
    Country: Australia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

Erik prepares to swing his axe at the unicorn from the front row, but first he says "Hello Mrs Peggy, why are you attacking us?"

Playing as Erik Tyrvarr in Heroica RPG


#54 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

  • Yub yub!


    Posts: 2803
    Joined: 01-November 10
    Member: 14025
    Country: England

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

OOC: Because you invaded the realm of sanctuary, as discussed by the two statues.

Edited by Rumble Strike, 29 April 2012 - 12:41 AM.

here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#55 Myrddyn

Myrddyn

    Posts: 1064
    Joined: 14-March 12
    Member: 27305
    Country: Australia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

Fair enough. I was just trying to avoid a fight, although I'm not surprised I can't.

Playing as Erik Tyrvarr in Heroica RPG


#56 Zakura

Zakura

    Posts: 1225
    Joined: 19-October 11
    Member: 21042
    Country: Australia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

Mizuki slices at the unicorn from the front row

OOC: Can we reason with the unicorn to stop attacking us ?
Mizuki Kimura  , Level 15.5 Assassin, 21 years old Female Human
http://www.eurobrick...94#entry1360772

Posted Image

Posted Image

#57 Zakura

Zakura

    Posts: 1225
    Joined: 19-October 11
    Member: 21042
    Country: Australia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

Mizuki slices at the unicorn from the front row

OOC: Can we reason with the unicorn to stop attacking us ?
Mizuki Kimura  , Level 15.5 Assassin, 21 years old Female Human
http://www.eurobrick...94#entry1360772

Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 Myrddyn

Myrddyn

    Posts: 1064
    Joined: 14-March 12
    Member: 27305
    Country: Australia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

Erik says to no-one in particular "I don't believe we can reason with this unicorn because we invaded the realm of sanctuary. We could perhaps try to get information of it about the children, but without anyone fluent in unicorn (ranger) i don't think it will understand us."

speaking to no-one in particular because zakura spoke out of character.

Playing as Erik Tyrvarr in Heroica RPG


#59 Costy

Costy

    Posts: 551
    Joined: 13-January 12
    Member: 24102
    Country: Australia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

Nagure hits Peggy from the front row.
It's not a unicorn, its a Pegasus. That's why it has wings and is flying.

Nagure the Yeti Berserker


#60 Endgame

Endgame

  • [u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]


    Posts: 8529
    Joined: 08-September 11
    Member: 20312

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

Attack order doesn't really even matter at this juncture, so...

Battle order
Sorrow
Eric
Mizuki
Nagure
Flamerobe


I will attack "Peggy" from the front row with my scythe.

Participating as Sorrow in Heroica RPG: http://www.eurobrick...0
Also playing as Lynne in Heroic RPG: http://www.eurobrick...00#entry1983436
Currently hosting Quest #105: Eternal Reaper
And finally, plaing as Edward Grey in Red Menace Mafia.

#61 Zakura

Zakura

    Posts: 1225
    Joined: 19-October 11
    Member: 21042
    Country: Australia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

View PostMyrddyn, on 29 April 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

speaking to no-one in particular because zakura spoke out of character.

OOC:Maybe we could draw a picture message using drawings of what we want and give it to the unicorn.
Mizuki Kimura  , Level 15.5 Assassin, 21 years old Female Human
http://www.eurobrick...94#entry1360772

Posted Image

Posted Image

#62 Costy

Costy

    Posts: 551
    Joined: 13-January 12
    Member: 24102
    Country: Australia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

View Postzakura, on 29 April 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

OOC:Maybe we could draw a picture message using drawings of what we want and give it to the unicorn.
OOC: Maybe we just kill it.

Nagure the Yeti Berserker


#63 xxlrocka

xxlrocka

    Posts: 829
    Joined: 26-September 11
    Member: 20659
    Country: England, UK

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

"This is my type of thing!" Drake said.

Drake attacks with his torch from the back row!
In Heroica I am:  
Posted Image
Drake Flamerobe, http://www.eurobrick...50#entry1441605 for stats.

#64 Costy

Costy

    Posts: 551
    Joined: 13-January 12
    Member: 24102
    Country: Australia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

View Postxxlrocka, on 29 April 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

Drake attacks with his torch from the back row!
You chicken, attack from the front so you can do more damage.

Nagure the Yeti Berserker


#65 xxlrocka

xxlrocka

    Posts: 829
    Joined: 26-September 11
    Member: 20659
    Country: England, UK

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

View PostCosty, on 29 April 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

You chicken, attack from the front so you can do more damage.


"Nah. I don't want to....oh, fine."

Drake attacks with his torch from the front row!
In Heroica I am:  
Posted Image
Drake Flamerobe, http://www.eurobrick...50#entry1441605 for stats.

#66 Myrddyn

Myrddyn

    Posts: 1064
    Joined: 14-March 12
    Member: 27305
    Country: Australia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

Quick explanation, Mr flamerobe. Because of your shield you will take the same damage from the front row as everyone will else from the back row. You also have more health than any of us. it will take 5 hits from Mrs Peggy to knock you out. You have two potions, so make that 13. With luck, by myself I could incapacitate Mrs Peggy in 3 hits. You are currently perfectly safe in the front row.

Also, I don't think this is a good start to being good and honourable heroes. We have so far broken into a house, stolen those potions, and trespassed on a unicorns/pegasus territory, and now we are going to attack it because it has tried to stop us. I suggest we try to just incapacitate it rather than kill it, because unless this creature has personally kidnapped the children which I doubt we are the bad people here.

Playing as Erik Tyrvarr in Heroica RPG


#67 Costy

Costy

    Posts: 551
    Joined: 13-January 12
    Member: 24102
    Country: Australia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostMyrddyn, on 29 April 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

Also, I don't think this is a good start to being good and honourable heroes. We have so far broken into a house, stolen those potions, and trespassed on a unicorns/pegasus/alicorn/flying horse with a horn territory, and now we are going to attack it because it has tried to stop us. I suggest we try to just incapacitate it rather than kill it, because unless this creature has personally kidnapped the children which I doubt we are the bad people here.
Who cares? I'm only in it for the Gold. And the fun of killing silly unicorns/pegasus/alicorn/flying horse with a horn thingys. Anyway, we're using those items to rescue children so everything is okay.

Nagure the Yeti Berserker


#68 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

  • Yub yub!


    Posts: 2803
    Joined: 01-November 10
    Member: 14025
    Country: England

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

OOC:  Nice roleplay, Myrddyn.  If any of you read up on Quest#13, the first Quest I hosted, you'll know I do like to try and perhaps challenge the "he's a good guy and he's a bad guy" thing by introducing more shades of grey. Anyway, let's kick off your first battle!


Round One of the Pegasus Guardian Battle

Sorrow vs Peggy - Damage
Erik vs Peggy - Hit
Mizuki vs Peggy - Miss
Nagure vs Peggy - Shield (Battle Frenzy)
Flamerobe vs Peggy - Shield (Sentinel)

The new heroes start their first ever battle, against a difficult opponent.  Sorrow aims his scythe at the pegasus, but she manages to lean out of the path of the blow and retaliate with a quick hoof into the corpse's ribcage (-4).  The burly Barbarian Erik then lands a solid blow with his axe, cutting into the white flank of the pegasus (-4).  Mizuki tries and fails to hit with her katana, whilst the Yeti Nagure riles himself up into a frenzy, unfortunately there is only one opponent to be damaged, and Peggy takes another blow (-4).   Finally Drake Flamerobe raises aloft his shield and protects them from any damage the next turn.

The battle continues!


Posted Image
Peggy
Level 4 Flying Monster
Health 22/30
Special 1: Wing Stun - Peggy uses her wings to stun her attacker for the next round
Special 2: Gore - Peggy uses her horn to gore her attacker, inflicting 5 damage
QM Note:- Specials will alternate
Drops: Parasol (Quest Item), 50 gold


Party

Posted Image
Erik Tyrvarr, Level 1 Barbarian (Myrddyn)
18 years old male human
Power: 4
Health: 8/8
Gold: 10
Inventory: Axe (WP:3), Potion x2, Mead

Posted Image
Sorrow, Level 1 Rogue (Endgame) **Party Leader**
Power: 4
Health: 3/7
Gold: 10
Inventory: Scythe (WP:3) Potion x2, Venom

Posted Image
Mizuki Kimura, Level 1 Rogue (zakura)
21 years old Female Human
Power: 4
Health: 7/7
Gold: 0
Inventory: Black Katana(WP:3), Potion x2, Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb

Posted Image
Nagure, Level 1 Barbarian (Costy)
34 Year old male Yeti
Power: 4
Health: 8/8
Gold: 10
Inventory: Club (WP: 3), Potion x2, Bottle of Mead

Posted Image
Drake Flamerobe, Level 1 Knight (xxlrocka)
39 year old male human
Power: 4
Health: 10/10
Gold: 5
Inventory: Torch(WP:3), Shield(SP:2), Potion x2


Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.
here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#69 Costy

Costy

    Posts: 551
    Joined: 13-January 12
    Member: 24102
    Country: Australia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

I attack Peggy from the front row again.

Nagure the Yeti Berserker


#70 Myrddyn

Myrddyn

    Posts: 1064
    Joined: 14-March 12
    Member: 27305
    Country: Australia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

Erik sees the pegasus' blood drip down his axe blade, and starts to lose himself in the battle, abandoning some of his previous concern about morals. However, he still regains enough control to call to Sorrow "Might be wise to hide in the back row hang Back a bit so you don't get knocked out. And I'd appreciate it if I loose control you could stop me before I kill this creature. Although it still looks dangerous, so I will continue to attack the pegasus from the front row with my axe."

OOC: Thanks, I did read quest 13, though this quest is trying to help kidnapped children, so I don't currently think that this 'Maginastra' is a good/goodish guy. Just the unicorn. Maybe the armour and lion statue too.

Playing as Erik Tyrvarr in Heroica RPG


#71 Zakura

Zakura

    Posts: 1225
    Joined: 19-October 11
    Member: 21042
    Country: Australia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

Mizuki prays to Mercrutio and slashes the unicorn from the front row

View PostMyrddyn, on 29 April 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

Erik sees the pegasus' blood drip down his axe blade, and starts to lose himself in the battle, abandoning some of his previous concern about morals. However, he still regains enough control to call to Sorrow "Might be wise to hide in the back row hang Back a bit so you don't get knocked out. And I'd appreciate it if I loose control you could stop me before I kill this creature. Although it still looks dangerous, so I will continue to attack the pegasus from the front row with my axe."

OOC: Thanks, I did read quest 13, though this quest is trying to help kidnapped children, so I don't currently think that this 'Maginastra' is a good/goodish guy. Just the unicorn. Maybe the armour and lion statue too.

Sorrow can attack from the front row because Drake's sentinel power will defend us from all strikes.
Mizuki Kimura  , Level 15.5 Assassin, 21 years old Female Human
http://www.eurobrick...94#entry1360772

Posted Image

Posted Image

#72 Myrddyn

Myrddyn

    Posts: 1064
    Joined: 14-March 12
    Member: 27305
    Country: Australia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

View Postzakura, on 29 April 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

Sorrow can attack from the front row because Drake's sentinel power will defend us from all strikes.

Erik pauses, shakes his head, and says "Of course, silly me."  :laugh:  
He then goes back to what he was doing.

Playing as Erik Tyrvarr in Heroica RPG


#73 xxlrocka

xxlrocka

    Posts: 829
    Joined: 26-September 11
    Member: 20659
    Country: England, UK

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

"I shall protect you!" Drake yelled to the team. "And meanwhile, I shall try to land a hit on this pegasus/winged unicorn/alicorn."

Drake attacks with his torch from the front row!
In Heroica I am:  
Posted Image
Drake Flamerobe, http://www.eurobrick...50#entry1441605 for stats.

#74 Endgame

Endgame

  • [u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]


    Posts: 8529
    Joined: 08-September 11
    Member: 20312

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Accursed horse. The thing nearly hit me in the heart, the little vermin.

Same battle order! I attack from the front row with my scythe.

"Also, Eric I can see what you mean. But we are currently being backed by the guard captain, meaning we have a search warrant. We tried to get sufficient warning form the statues, then this... Peggy just decided to attack us. Plus, it is  incredibly likely some or all of the children are here, so I an hardly see this being dishonorable."

Edited by Endgame, 29 April 2012 - 01:12 PM.

Participating as Sorrow in Heroica RPG: http://www.eurobrick...0
Also playing as Lynne in Heroic RPG: http://www.eurobrick...00#entry1983436
Currently hosting Quest #105: Eternal Reaper
And finally, plaing as Edward Grey in Red Menace Mafia.

#75 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

  • Yub yub!


    Posts: 2803
    Joined: 01-November 10
    Member: 14025
    Country: England

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Round Two of the Pegasus Guardian Battle

Sorrow vs Peggy - Miss
Erik vs Peggy - Hit
Mizuki vs Peggy - Shield (Mug)
Nagure vs Peggy - Extra Critical Hit
Flamerobe vs Peggy - Damage

The heroes begin the next wave of attacks, knowing that Drake's shield would protect them from harm.  This has a galvanising affect on the party, for although Sorrow swings and misses with his scythe, Erik once again damages the Pegasus (-4), the creature whinnies in constrnation, allowing Mizuki to not only deal a savage blow with her katana (-10), but also find 10 gold underneath a small piece of moss on the follow-through.

Nagure wades in again with another big hit of his club (-10), and Peggy drops to the ground, unconcious.


The battle is victorious!  The party all gain one level!


Posted Image
Peggy
Level 4 Flying Monster
Health 0/30
Special 1: Wing Stun - Peggy uses her wings to stun her attacker for the next round
Special 2: Gore - Peggy uses her horn to gore her attacker, inflicting 5 damage
QM Note:- Specials will alternate
Drops: Parasol (Quest Item), 50 gold


Party

Posted Image
Erik Tyrvarr, Level 2 Barbarian (Myrddyn)
18 years old male human
Power: 5
Health: 9/9
Gold: 10
Inventory: Axe (WP:3), Potion x2, Mead

Posted Image
Sorrow, Level 2 Rogue (Endgame) **Party Leader**
Power: 5
Health: 3/8
Gold: 10
Inventory: Scythe (WP:3) Potion x2, Venom

Posted Image
Mizuki Kimura, Level 2 Rogue (zakura)
21 years old Female Human
Power: 5
Health: 8/8
Gold: 10
Inventory: Black Katana(WP:3), Potion x2, Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb

Posted Image
Nagure, Level 2 Barbarian (Costy)
34 Year old male Yeti
Power: 5
Health: 9/9
Gold: 10
Inventory: Club (WP: 3), Potion x2, Bottle of Mead

Posted Image
Drake Flamerobe, Level 2 Knight (xxlrocka)
39 year old male human
Power: 5
Health: 11/11
Gold: 5
Inventory: Torch(WP:3), Shield(SP:2), Potion x2


Drops:

Posted Image 50 gold

Posted Image Parasol (Quest Item)

Party Leader, please divide the spoils.


The party hear the sounds of children playing getting louder, and three of them burst out of the keep.

Posted Image (only one child pictured, styles and designs may vary)

The party has rescued three of the missing children.
here all entwined in dreams once long I slept



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users