CopMike

New survey from TLG

German - hurray!

Wow - this was an in-depth questionnaire.

Unfortunately nothing to win... :grin:

Done, Bit weird, that they wanted to know the names of other communities I have been a part of, and was it just me or is the difference between 1-3 times a month and multiple times per week quite large? :classic:

Completed. For some strange reason, I look forward to these! Did anyone else consent to do the more in-depth survey at the end?

Edited by Dakar A

I went ahead and filled it out. It's always good to see that LEGO values the opinions of us AFOLs.

From the survey, it seems like they're really interested in somehow better leveraging AFOL communities and social media. I wonder if they're thinking about improving their message-boards and/or setting up some sort of LEGO-related social network. Personally, I find the forums at messageboards.lego.com to be really lame, but I haven't really browsed around much. Or perhaps they're just trying to figure out how to better leverage the existing communities (EB, FBTB, Flickr, MOCpages, etc). Or some community relations person is trying to justify their job and budget by demonstrating how much we all influence others to buy LEGO. :sceptic:

From the survey, it seems like they're really interested in somehow better leveraging AFOL communities and social media

this could mean more PaBs and more bricks in PaBs ;)

Done

Quite in depth indeed, I wasn't expecting that.

But someone needs to tell them those bright colours are really painfull to the eyes when you have to look at them for so long XD

Edited by yellost

Done! My, this was a thorough one. I hope I answered them all accurately enough.

Filled it out, very in depth. i wonder what the structural analysis is for, sounds like it could be interesting if they share the results. Sounds to me like they are probably going to try doing a bit more with a new official forum type thing or something. I really hope they replace the message boards with something not horrible (The few weeks I spent on the official boards before I found EB were the most terrible experiences of my online life)

Done. Hurt a little when I had to answer I wouldn't be purchasing anything in the next three months. :pir_bawling:

Ermmm.. What?

How many do you feel so much at ease with that you can talk to them about private matters?

How many do you feel so close to that you could call on them for help about private matters?

Why..why do you need to know this LEGO?

Ermmm.. What?

Because it's a good indication on what kind of interaction/relation/networking that takes place inside the community. It answers how well AFOLs and TFOLs connect which each other and if the community serves different purposes then just discussing the hobby.

I took this a few days ago, but for got to post. One thing I liked was the question asking about your usernames. I like TLG's being able to look at my MOCs.

Ermmm.. What?

I really don't think they need to, but I guess...

What Etzel said. A good community is one you enjoy visiting, a great community has some members who you are happy to share life as well as hobby with.

Same. Lots of questions to answer though.

FWIW otaku in my user name is Japanese word, when used in humorous manner means someone who is a nut or addict. I'm a big fan of LEGO so the user name worked.

(Otaku has been used in offensive manner as well, meaning someone with no life so got to watch the context when using otaku around Japanese)

In depth indeed, though any survey that talks a lot about the AFOL community and goes into that much detail is certainly fine with me. I do find it interesting how they asked for my "community username" or whatever to go into results or something along those lines.