Jump to content


Registration Difficulties


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Aanchir

Aanchir

  • Color Encyclopedia


    Posts: 9170
    Joined: 31-December 09
    Member: 8841
    Country: United States

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

To quote a person who sent me a message through another site after trying to register here:

Quote

I´ve signed up as Gatanui but none of the links in the validation email work and now I´m stuck. I can´t even sign in because I am told my username or my password is incorrect, but when I try to sign up again as Gatanui it tells me the name is already taken. :( Do you know what I should do?

I've found that it's hard to find information on who to contact about these sorts of things. Normally on sites the policy is to e-mail a staff member for help with registration and other site-related issues, but I have no idea which staff here specialize in that kind of thing (kind of sad after being here for years... :blush: ). I tried giving said member a link to where they could find Hinckley's contact info at Brickzone.net, but he hasn't gotten any response via e-mail.

If anyone can help Gatanui solve his particular problem, I'm sure he'd appreciate it greatly (he can probably be contacted most easily through e-mail or Flickr if you give me a name/address I can pass onto him). But also I think the registration form should make it easier to find who to contact if you're having difficulty with registration. It's possible that the answer to the problem has been in front of both of us this whole time, but I haven't seen any obvious solutions.

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

#2 ensly

ensly

    Posts: 2
    Joined: 26-April 12
    Member: 28221
    Country: USA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

The same problem with you. :cry_sad:

#3 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 14003
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

View Postensly, on 26 April 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

The same problem with you. :cry_sad:
His problem was not being able to activate his account or sign in.

You are signed in.  Are you having additional issues?

#4 Toa Delta

Toa Delta

    Posts: 3
    Joined: 06-May 12
    Member: 28419

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:45 AM

I got a problem on the validation but to make sure........Is ny account already validated???? :sceptic:

#5 onebrick@atime

onebrick@atime

    Posts: 9
    Joined: 06-May 12
    Member: 28434
    Country: USA

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

View PostToa Delta, on 07 May 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

I got a problem on the validation but to make sure........Is ny account already validated???? :sceptic:
No, I'm for NY I had the same problem I just resend my validation about ten times.

#6 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 14003
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:24 AM

Both of you are or else you wouldn't be able to post.

You will not be able to view profiles or use the PM system until you have ten posts.

#7 Aanchir

Aanchir

  • Color Encyclopedia


    Posts: 9170
    Joined: 31-December 09
    Member: 8841
    Country: United States

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

OK, if any staff can help Gatanui with his registration problems, his Flickr account is here. I'm pretty sure a lot of the staff here have Flickr, and that way you can contact him directly and I don't have to act as a go-between. :classic:

#8 Ricecracker

Ricecracker

  • Stormed Out


    Posts: 4681
    Joined: 25-November 07
    Member: 2221
    Country: Canada

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

View PostAanchir, on 09 May 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

OK, if any staff can help Gatanui with his registration problems, his Flickr account is here. I'm pretty sure a lot of the staff here have Flickr, and that way you can contact him directly and I don't have to act as a go-between. :classic:
I've messaged him on flickr now...

#9 Kelmanator

Kelmanator

    Posts: 93
    Joined: 17-July 12
    Member: 29737
    Country: England

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:25 AM

I had this same problem twice.
Hail Avalonia!

#10 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 14003
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

View Postkelmanator, on 09 May 2012 - 07:25 AM, said:

I had this same problem twice.
What problem? Not getting your validation email?

Since you are posting now you must have gotten it. Did an email finally show up or did a staff member activate your account?

#11 ABS Addict

ABS Addict

  • Knows the Walrus's business


    Posts: 1
    Joined: 09-May 12
    Member: 28500

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

I just successfully signed up! The EMail turned up in my inbox almost straight away and the registration approval box is really helpful in that it tells me clearly that I have to make ten posts before I can PM. I love this process so much that I even made a screen shot! EB is the best! Walruses are cool! Yay!

Posted Image

#12 Sinner

Sinner

  • Mike's Magical Elf


    Posts: 19447
    Joined: 29-April 07
    Member: 1554
    Country: Australia

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostABS Addict, on 09 May 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

I just successfully signed up! The EMail turned up in my inbox almost straight away and the registration approval box is really helpful in that it tells me clearly that I have to make ten posts before I can PM. I love this process so much that I even made a screen shot! EB is the best! Walruses are cool! Yay!

Wow! Thanks my dear friend for testing out the registration process. Now that you've done that go away. I never liked you and your MOCs are rubbish.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you don't get the registration EMail fast, try a different address. It's possible that it's being seen as spam somewhere down the chain. But the registration system does work...





Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!


#13 Kelmanator

Kelmanator

    Posts: 93
    Joined: 17-July 12
    Member: 29737
    Country: England

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostBig Cam, on 09 May 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

What problem? Not getting your validation email?

Since you are posting now you must have gotten it. Did an email finally show up or did a staff member activate your account?


The problem was that I signed up the first time, then I never got a email confirmation. Signed up again and it said the previous username I had picked was taken, so I chose another one and it worked.
Hail Avalonia!

#14 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 14003
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

View Postkelmanator, on 09 May 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

The problem was that I signed up the first time, then I never got a email confirmation. Signed up again and it said the previous username I had picked was taken, so I chose another one and it worked.
Gotcha. What was the other username you used at first?

#15 Gatanui

Gatanui

    Posts: 585
    Joined: 09-May 12
    Member: 28509
    Country: Germany

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

For some reason, I was able to create a new account with the name Gatanui now. Thank you all for your help! :classic:

-Gata Posted Image

Edited by Gatanui, 09 May 2012 - 08:33 PM.

- Gata Posted Image

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^^


#16 LegoInHand

LegoInHand

    Posts: 9
    Joined: 30-April 12
    Member: 28293
    Country: Canada

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

View PostSinner, on 09 May 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you don't get the registration EMail fast, try a different address. It's possible that it's being seen as spam somewhere down the chain. But the registration system does work...

I had that problem. I waited two days for the registration email to arrive but nothing came. I came here to login and I noticed the option to re-send the validation email, clicked that and the email appeared instantly in the inbox. Very strange.

#17 Rick

Rick

  • Where's My Ostrich?


    Posts: 8560
    Joined: 11-February 09
    Member: 5261
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostLegoInHand, on 10 May 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

I had that problem. I waited two days for the registration email to arrive but nothing came. I came here to login and I noticed the option to re-send the validation email, clicked that and the email appeared instantly in the inbox. Very strange.
As indicated on the frontpage, there has been maintenance on EB's server two days ago, which seems to have solved the issue of slow e-mail validation e-mails (and e-mail reminders). So, if you're still waiting for a validation e-mail, it might be an idea to have it resent.

#18 Sinner

Sinner

  • Mike's Magical Elf


    Posts: 19447
    Joined: 29-April 07
    Member: 1554
    Country: Australia

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostGatanui, on 09 May 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

For some reason, I was able to create a new account with the name Gatanui now. Thank you all for your help! :classic:

-Gata Posted Image

Cool! Un-validated accounts are deleted after a few days, so that's probably why.

View PostLegoInHand, on 10 May 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

Very strange.
EMail can be unreliable at times.





Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!


#19 Kelmanator

Kelmanator

    Posts: 93
    Joined: 17-July 12
    Member: 29737
    Country: England

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostBig Cam, on 09 May 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Gotcha. What was the other username you used at first?

Not entirely sure now. I think it was possibly "The Kelmonator", but I am really not sure.
Hail Avalonia!

#20 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 14003
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

View Postkelmanator, on 10 May 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

Not entirely sure now. I think it was possibly "The Kelmonator", but I am really not sure.
OK, no worries.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users