Siegfried

WINNERS: To sail the Technic sea...

WinnersV2es.JPG

Well it's time to reveal the winners of our To sail the Technic sea contest! First you must read this rant... no peeking at the winners! You back now? :sceptic: OK. Thanks everyone for participating in my competition, and thanks also to all that voted and offered suggestions to the entrants. Extra thanks goes out to my voting panel who helped me pick the finalists. It's been a long term dream of mine for EB to have a Technic contest so I'd like to thank EB for this chance. We'll have to have another one next year and we'll have to make it bigger. In a few days I'll start a topic discussing how it went so please save discussion like that for later.

The voting result was really interesting. Place one and two were separated by just a few votes, three was close behind, and in a bit of a clump was four to six. I might post rough details of the tallies later, but you can always add them up and see it roughly for yourself. (There were some PM votes.)

Important remarks:

1. Prizes are posted at our expense unless it's really expensive. (Never happened to my recollection, but...)
  2. If you are one of the contest winners you'll get a PM after the contest is over to work out the details
  3. Winners will be notified in order, and will be allowed to choose a lower value prize if they wish.
  4. We're finalising the Architecture contest at the moment so S@H prizes might be delayed.

So without further ranting, first place (and first dibs on the prizes) goes to Splat with his Water Strider...

00000000.jpg

..who wins our respect! Congrats! :wub: Also he wins...

Unimog purchased by EB from LEGO Shop@Home.

8110mn.jpg

Second goes to legobodgers with his cool Steampunk shark submersible...

6863933900_6854b40d5d_z.jpg

...and he wins...

Backhoe purchased by EB from LEGO Shop@Home.

8069mn.jpg

...and wow, two Australians... *huh* Gee we're good. :laugh: In order, the runners up are...

Piper Super Cub Float Plane by dhc6twinotter

7078309939_c49a01dd0a_b.jpg

Motor Boat & water skiing by Tomik

8068_model_2-8-motor_boat.jpg

The Harbour Tug by efferman

6835452384_d144862354_z.jpg

Leviathan by Omikron

1.jpg

...and they win...

Misc Unimog parts, provided by CopMike. :wub:

Hub piece (4610378) = x4

Portal Axle housing (4610377) = x4

94.3 x 38R tires (4610381) = x4

C-shaped pivot frame (4610379) = x2

Cup to fit on above pivot (4610380) = x2

8110stk01.jpgx2

8110stk02.jpgx2

new.jpg

Picture for reference only.

There could be some extra bonuses there for the 3rd place winner. :wink: Congrats to the Winners! To those that didn't win I'll probably bash together a tag so you can have a long term reminder of this... :grin:

If you've won a prize...

You will receive a PM about what to do next. Winners will be notified in order, so there may be a delay before you hear from us. Please be patient.

Please make sure you have Personal Messenger enabled in your profile.

If you've just tuned in, be sure to check the Contest Index for more details of this contest!

Congratulations to all the participants and of course to the winners in particular.

Results reveal that EBs Technic fans really appreciate Out of the Box thinking! :classic::thumbup:

Two Aussies...I voted for them both but didn't even look who built them or where they were from. :blush:

Congrats guys you both went outside the box and it paid off!

Wow, thank you so much :grin:

I guess that it is acceptance speech time: A huge thanks to Sinner and the Technic Meisters, and everyone that entered and voted. I'll admit that I was following the public votes quote closely once I saw that my entry had a real chance, and it looked like the lead changed about 15 times throughout the voting period. I guess that I was just luck enough to be ahead when the voting closed.

Congrats to everyone that participated, there were some really great MOCs submitted. :thumbup:

I think this contest did a great job of filling the void between the 1H 2012 and 2H 2012 releases, where things usually quieten down a bit. It'd be great to see more Technic contests in the future to help bring out the creativity and ingenuity in all of us.

As a final thank you, I have been recreating my Water Strider in MLCad and once I fix up a few last issues I will look at getting it uploaded to Rebrickable.

Thanks again everyone :sweet:

Edit: I forgot to mention: thanks also to CopMike for providing the prizes for the runners up. :thumbup:

Edited by Splat

Congratulations for the Winners! It was a nice contest with very good entries and I almost made it in the 6!

bayw2small.jpg

Well done winners! I give a huge congrats to you. Good to see that 2 of the things I voted for made it as a winner.

Congratulations to the winners! :thumbup:

Well done Sieggy for organising this one of a kind Technic contest. :sweet:

Thank you everyone. default_cry_happy.gif

I will follow Splat by saying thank you to Sinner, the Technic Meisters and the voters. I thought that I might have a chance of getting 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th but I didn't expect second.

I would also like to thank all of the builders.

I believe that Splat deserved the win and I love his creation, the compactness is incredible as well as the looks.

Thank you again everybody.default_cry_happy.gif

EDIT: Oh and yes, Aussies are good default_laugh_new.gif

Edited by legobodgers

My congratulations to all the contestants!! All( not only the finalists) the entries in the contest where lovely!!

I'm very pleased for being in the "meister" panel, thanks to all the "companions" there.

Deserved winners and yes, this month is nice to consolidate an annual EB technic contest!!! :classic:

Congratulations to all the participants for their marvellous creations - and hats off to the winners. As soon as I saw the water strider, I knew that this was so ingenious it just had to win. The fact that Splat would be willing to make it available to anyone via Rebrickable just goes to show that he is indeed a worthy winner, well done!

Once again - I know I'm not a Techinc guy, but I'd love to see more Technic contests here on Eurobricks. The sheer awesomeness that Tech-minded people are capable of coming up is something absolutely great to look forward to, so here's to more of that!

Congrats to all the winners! The entries were all great, and this gives me a good idea of what to do in the future. :devil: Hope you all enjoy your prizes!

Congratulations everyone :thumbup:

Edited by legolijntje

Congrats, Splat, I hope you enjoy your unimog. :blush:

Also, I love the shark idea. I was going to build one, but I changed my mind. :classic:

And Congrats to all the rest. I very much agree 3rd should get like a 9394 Jet Plane. :sweet: I really wanted him to win. :oh:

I'd like to congratulate winners and to thank Sinner for managing this contest. It was great idea and I'll participate in next contest surely if it is announced. I also wanna thank all people who participated in this contest as contestants, voters or managers.

Congrats to all the winners! The 1st and 2nd place winners truly were some very unique mocs! Well done guys!

It was really great to see all the fantastic entries that all the builders submitted. There are some awesome models!

Thanks to EB for hosting the contest, and thanks to Sinner for spending all the time required to make this contest happen. Thanks, also, to all the judges and to all the EB members that voted. The voter turnout was much more than I had expected. Thanks!

Hopefully, we'll have another contest next year. :thumbup:

congratulations to thw winners and thanks for all of the contest entries.

and to siegfried/sinner, thank you very much for this contest and its exiting water theme, it was very funny to build something completely different.

Once again - I know I'm not a Techinc guy, but I'd love to see more Technic contests here on Eurobricks. The sheer awesomeness that Tech-minded people are capable of coming up is something absolutely great to look forward to, so here's to more of that!

I'd like to do another next year. The next forum in dire need for a contest is Sci-Fi...

And Congrats to all the rest. I very much agree 3rd should get like a 9394 Jet Plane. :sweet:

I did consider giving out more smaller prizes, but we then spend too much on postage, and giving away the Technic flagship was pretty cool. :sweet: Thus we went for two main prizes... which to be honest blew the budget as it was. (As it turns out I'm balancing the "books" right now... and with two big contests finishing at the same time it's not a pretty sight.... :sing: :sing: ) However, I'm hoping to arrange at least some prizes from TLG next time.

The voter turnout was much more than I had expected. Thanks!

Yes, I was pleased there. I wanted at least 100 votes and I got about that. :sweet:

and to siegfried/sinner, thank you very much for this contest and its exiting water theme, it was very funny to build something completely different.

Thanks for all the thanks! :sweet: I'll make sure that next time has a equally interesting theme.