Nick Fury, director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

8 replies to this topic

#1 ED-209

ED-209

• Medieval Master Artist

Member: 4091

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

As Lego seem to be dragging their feet with an official figure of Nick Fury (I've heard they have no current plans to actually make him!  :cry_sad:  ), I decided to take a shot at it.

He appears in the background of the poster, and that's what I based the desin off. I had to take a fair bit of artistic license as most of the torso is covered by his arms and gun, and I tried to incorporate a bit of the old comic look to his belts/harness.

Posted Image

So here's the end result - I've included two faces (with and without scars), front and back of torso, and legs. And I went with dark blue for the torso, with the expactation of sand blue arms and legs:

Posted Image

Any feedback or suggestions are most welcome!

EDIT: I've already seen the movie twice, I loved it! No spoilers, but Fury doesn't actually wear the outfit depicted in the Lego poster!  *oh2*
I still like the combat ready look of my first attempt, but in the interest of movie accuracy I did another version of his more recognisable black outfit, both with a printed appearance of a trench coat and without (for anyone wanting to make a fabric coat.)
Quite tricky to make it look interesting seeing as it's really just all black-on-black, but here it is:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by ED-209, 30 April 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#2 The Joker1

The Joker1

Member: 27681

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!! Finally a nick fury decall. I know a lot of guys down in the Superheroes threads who will be happy about this. Great work :cry_happy: .
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
“I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one, you know, I’d just do…things.” Heath ledger- 2008

#3 raminator

raminator

Member: 22476

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

Looks really awesome!
Only thing that i can complain about is, that there´s nothing to complain about. ;)

Great job. Keep doing.

#4 ED-209

ED-209

• Medieval Master Artist

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

View PostThe Joker1, on 24 April 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

THANK YOU!!!!!! Finally a nick fury decall. I know a lot of guys down in the Superheroes threads who will be happy about this. Great work :cry_happy: .

I'm quite the comic book nerd myself, so I'm glad to share the design!  :grin:

View Postraminator, on 24 April 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Looks really awesome!
Only thing that i can complain about is, that there´s nothing to complain about. ;)

Great job. Keep doing.

LOL, thank you, I think!  :laugh:  
I'll have to work on that for you for next time! :tongue:

I've also just updated the original post to include a more movie-accurate look. I'm not wholly satisfied with it though, I feel the detail of the blue combat outfit looks nicer. Perhaps that's why TLG took that route for the poster? Who knows.
But I'd be interested if anyone had any suggestions on how to make the black outfit "pop"?  :sweet:

#5 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Wow, excellent work!  I find it interesting that he doesn't wear that outfit, but I'll see about getting the parts so I can have a Fury figure with the rest of my Avengers.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 43.8 In Heroica RPG, On Quest #102
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#6 WetWired

WetWired

• Savin' The Day!

Member: 2736

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

very nice

The way you've made the eyes oval shaped, do they come out round when you place it on the torso? or is that how you wanted his eye shape to be?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Puck

Puck

Member: 13177

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

Awesome! I will sure be using these sometime soon.
Thanks!

-Puck

Posted Image

LIVE, DREAM, ROAR

#8 JFAWWE

JFAWWE

Member: 27292

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:25 AM

Hi ED-209,

That is amazing. I am very new to the boards and am looking for someone to do some DC Comics face and torso designs. Is this something you might be interesetd in doing as a commission?

Thanks,
Jim

Edited by JFAWWE, 13 May 2012 - 02:25 AM.

#9 ED-209

ED-209

• Medieval Master Artist

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

View PostJFAWWE, on 13 May 2012 - 02:25 AM, said:

Hi ED-209,

That is amazing. I am very new to the boards and am looking for someone to do some DC Comics face and torso designs. Is this something you might be interesetd in doing as a commission?

Thanks,
Jim

Most certainly, just PM me with the details if you'd like to discuss it!  :classic:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users