[MOC] "Midi-scaled-UCS" 10129 Snowspeeder

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 hachiroku

hachiroku

Member: 18397

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Posted Image

One of my favourites sets is the UCS Snowspeeder, impossible to buy (for a student  :sweet: ) now. I made this set in midi-scale, because I don´t have parts and place to expose.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
(God bless minifig series´s plates xd)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
The speeder is really rally swooshable.

This is a serious question. I think that this speeder is scaled too big in comparison with minifigs, but they doesn´t look bad together:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

EDIT: Thanks to mutley777, i made some modifications:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Bye!

#2 Fuppylodders

Fuppylodders

• Screaming Ju 88

Member: 23632

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

"This is a serious question. I think that this speeder is scaled too big in comparison with minifigs, but they doesn´t look bad together:"
What is the question exactly? Do the minifigs look ok in your snowspeeder?
If that is the question, then I'd say yes they most certainly do!

You captured the style of the UCS Snowspeeder so well.
The cockpit is nice and tidy, perhaps the cockpit canopy is a little too wide, but then perhaps a 4 stud wide cockpit would then be too narrow for the size you have attempted. I personally think it looks just fine as it is. (I'm arguing with myself now  :laugh:  )

The wings are a great job! Tidy, with the right amount of detail =D Maybe a little bit more greeble on the gun on the middle section of it?
Brilliant use of those collector minifig base plates!

Overall it is really well done!  :thumbup:

Edited by Fuppylodders, 24 April 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#3 mutley777

mutley777

• The one and only Star Wars hoarder!

Member: 193

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

A pretty good MOC Snowspeeder there. Some great details on the rear od the speeder! :thumbup:  

However it does suffer from one of my real pet hates of Snowspeeder MOC's. The angle of the wings is quite a bit off.

The angle in, towards the front of the ship should only start after the Repulsor Drive Units (see below) not before like yours do. The UCS set has it right in your picture above and is only one other that the very first 7130 system Snowspeeder to get the angle right.

Posted Image

#4 hachiroku

hachiroku

Member: 18397

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

View Postmutley777, on 24 April 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

A pretty good MOC Snowspeeder there. Some great details on the rear od the speeder! :thumbup:  

However it does suffer from one of my real pet hates of Snowspeeder MOC's. The angle of the wings is quite a bit off.

The angle in, towards the front of the ship should only start after the Repulsor Drive Units (see below) not before like yours do. The UCS set has it right in your picture above and is only one other that the very first 7130 system Snowspeeder to get the angle right.

Posted Image

Thank you for the blueprint. It have to me some good ideas, and I removed a "illegal technique" that I made to build a unnecesary angle.

PS: Pics in the first post.

#5 inquisitor88

inquisitor88

Member: 9240

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Not bad. But the harpoon is too big, also the cockpit may be more narrow.

#6 WWWally

WWWally

Member: 29424

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

I like it a lot!  
Why did you go with a 6-wide canopy?  From the rest of the model, it looks like it could easily accommodate a 4-wide.  Did you try it?  To me, the current canopy looks too "beefy" and square-ish relative to the rest of the model.

I might also suggest changing the front orange plate to tiles to smooth the nose.

Otherwise, I love it.  Thanks for posting!

#7 gotoAndLego

gotoAndLego

Member: 8984

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

Well its neither Midi nor UCS. But it looks decent regardless.
-----
Please support my Lego Cuusoo projects:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

FLICKr

#8 DFOL

DFOL

Member: 10119

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

That is a really nice minifig scale version of the UCS Snowspeeder! It is instantly recognizable that you used the UCS model as your inspiration, and since that was the intent i'd say you did a pretty good job at it. :thumbup:

However, i do agree with the constructive feedback given in the comments above. The 6-wide cockpit appears to be a bit too wide, a 4-wide cockpit would indeed look better in my opinion. I was going to comment on the ugly gaps between the angled parts in the nose, but i see you already made some modifications to work those out. Definately an improvement!
Dutch Fan Of LEGO

#9 Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins

Member: 28477

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:30 AM

Amazing MOC and great use of minifig plates. :thumbup:

#10 HumanPackMule

HumanPackMule

Member: 6241

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

Very cool, I especially like the use of CMF plates for the rear. It also reminds me of the snow speeders from the Family Guy Star Wars spoofs.
For an optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, it is half empty. To the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.

#11 The Chosen 1

The Chosen 1

Member: 28292

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

sweet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users