Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

NWBC Castle Display, Awesome!

A very nice display, though I have never liked the way lego displays incorporate so many styles (from so any builders), it is nice to learn from, but I think the finished product would be better if one person were given all the bricks ; )

God Bless,

Nathan

I like the combination. It gives the display a more realistic look. As with real cities, buildings are always different.

I second that. Also the story seems to unravel as your eyes go through the whole display. Superb! :-)

I third this. Norro complains that he doesn't like the fact that the building styles of some buildings are differnt than others because they are made by different people, but that is exactly the case in a real village!

I too like that tower, it's a good way to rid of those pesky spiral stair pieces. Too bad there's not more good pics of that big ship, otherwise I might post it in the Pirate Forum.

I third this. Norro complains that he doesn't like the fact that the building styles of some buildings are differnt than others because they are made by different people, but that is exactly the case in a real village!

Except in a real village, various local craftsman, and local knowledge would contribute to a degree of uniformity X-D. What I actually dislike is the drastic change in scales (e.g. a house with the same footprint as a castle) and various clashing styles of architectures which to me would indicate two different factions in a lego world...

God Bless,

Nathan

Quite an astonishing display with excellent buildings and ships if you ask me.

I enjoyed watching these pictures!

Some things I didn't like:

- The robot attacking the castle

- The buldozer attacking the wall

- The black falcon with the machine gun.

Except in a real village, various local craftsman, and local knowledge would contribute to a degree of uniformity

At one period of time yes, but as times change styles in architechture do too, as the villagers do not demolish and rebuild the city every year.

:-D You can't miss that buldozer, and the black falcon pionting his M1A1 Thompson SMG at the its driver is hilarious. Although I missed that robot.

At one period of time yes, but as times change styles in architechture do too, as the villagers do not demolish and rebuild the city every year.

I'm referring to drastic differences of scale/style. Varied designs are natural and good (you wouldn't want all Blacksmith shop derivatives) but I do like it to look like it all fits. E.g. some of my own villages:

Turners Cross, Main Street, and Medieval Marketplace Town Square.

God Bless,

Nathan

I enjoyed watching these pictures!

One thing one has to understand about NWBrickCon displays is that there is friendly interraction between the themes that has the various themes attacking each other. Sure it isn't realistic, but it's lots of fun, and it is nice to see castle and space folks talking to each other.

I really enjoyed participating in this display (and anchoring the left end of the display, the black castle and the wharf scene are all mine, pretty much that whole end of the scene is mine). I also enjoyed how it actually worked out that there was a consistent story. Someone else (sorry, I'm horrible with names) was setting up this battle scene with dragon knights and Vladek's forces attacking - and I had already decided to join those two factions together myself, with the big castle for Vladek!). The Wolfpack are neutrals playing both sides.

At some point, I will take good pictures of my MOCs. The black castle and the wharf scene both disassemble so you can see inside every room. The black castle is made up of more than 30 separate sections that fit together. The wharf scene is more than 20 sections.

I also rebuilt the Blacksmith Shop to come apart in layers instead of being hinged. And I modified the Harry Potter graveyard to fit on a 32x32 baseplate.

I have my part of the scene set up in my living room, with my pirate light house also displayed. I had plans to extend the table in my living room from 5'x5' to 5'x10', however, a girlfriend has entered my life and put a stop to that plan. However, if I get storage built in my garage, the plan is to set up the table there.

Frank

and it is nice to see castle and space folks talking to each other.

Put that traitor on the rack!

God Bless,

Nathan