The Cave Hunter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 reptiman

reptiman

Member: 28085

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:20 AM

I originally made this for a CUUSOO project of mine.  Let me know what you think of the MOC!  Any criticism to help me improve would be wonderful.

Posted Image
The Cave Hunter by reptiman1, on Flickr

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is a little bio for him:

The Cave Hunter is a formidable predator.  Everything about them is designed for brutal efficiency.  They love to hunt and will eat anything they find.  They are only ever found outside their caves when thay are hunting for prey or basking in the sun.  With powerful and fast legs they prefer to chase down their prey and then deliver a fatal blow by chomping down on them.  They then carry their prey to their lair.

They are very solitary creatures that when born are left to fend for themselves.  They then go off and carve out a cave with their feet and enlarged claws on their wings.   This cave then becomes their permanent home and they will use it for the rest of their lives.  

Enjoy the MOC!

#2 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

• Doesn't like cherry talk

Member: 18405

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

This looks fantastic! I really like the way you've done the spines on his (its?) tail. Nice job!

My Flickr

I've done a lot of Mafia games over the years. Somehow, I haven't improved at all.

Scott. Great Scott, if you will.

Working on...another...Mafia...story...

#3 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

Looks very intimidating  :thumbup:  I too like the spikes on the tails, the wings also work quite nicely.
Keep up the good work  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, Watchman, Protector, Frost Berserker, Manager, Gatekeeper, and Strategic Heavy Weight in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Posted Image

#4 reptiman

reptiman

Member: 28085

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

View PostJackJonespaw, on 23 April 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

This looks fantastic! I really like the way you've done the spines on his (its?) tail. Nice job!
Thank you for the kind words!  The spines were a fun detail that I wanted to add to the tail.  I am glad you enjoyed the MOC.

View Postsoccerkid6, on 23 April 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

Looks very intimidating  :thumbup:  I too like the spikes on the tails, the wings also work quite nicely.
Keep up the good work  :classic:
I wanted to give him the look of a active predator.  I think I did a pretty good job giving it that look.  I stumbled upon a good design for the wings while I was messing around with some plates.  Thanks for checking out the MOC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users