"Invisible Hand" characters

6 replies to this topic

#1 L-DI-EGO

L-DI-EGO

Member: 10672

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hello everyone.

I would like to show here the decals I have made for the Invisible Hand project on LEGO CUUSOO; a project which I show in the SW forum some months ago.
I’m a bit purist, so it was the first time I made something like this.  

The figs must be from Episode III, so I have made all-new (non-clone wars) versions of dooku and palpatine, as well as new designs like the neimoidian captain Lushros Dofine.

I have also added the designs for new printed elements (see the starfighters section at the bottom). And a redesign of Grievous cape; this one goes trough the arms and has pockets to retain the lightsabers.

The image works as a link, so you can take a better look of the decals and download them. :thumbup:
Posted Image

Thank you for your time. Comments are welcomed.  :wink:

#2 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

Member: 18793

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

I like it, especially the redesigns of the faces because I absolutely abhor CW faces.  :thumbup:

Supported too.  :classic:

#3 JPOStudios

JPOStudios

Member: 28204

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

Nice job on these decals!  They look amazing!  Would you be able to post a clear version of the face decals?  If you don't get what I mean pretty much instead of the flesh white.  Thanks.

#4 Pellaeon

Pellaeon

Member: 5547

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Nice designs! Have you tried making the cape yet, cut out of paper or cloth? I'd love to see how well your cape works on the new Grievous figure.
Pellaeon
Select works:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 L-DI-EGO

L-DI-EGO

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostJPOStudios, on 25 April 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

[...] Would you be able to post a clear version of the face decals?  If you don't get what I mean pretty much instead of the flesh white.  Thanks.
What do you mean, are you asking for decals without the light-flesh skin? Do you want to use them on yellow minifigures or something like that?

Pellaeon, on 26 April 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

[...]Have you tried making the cape yet, cut out of paper or cloth?[...]
Unfortunately, I don’t own the last version of Grievous.  :grin: However, my collaborative friend "comandante cody" has tried to make some tests with paper.
http://lh4.googleuse...40/P1050141.JPG
Obviously this is just a test; I already know that the red side of the cape should be in the opposite direction. But the size is OK. :wink:

#6 JPOStudios

JPOStudios

Member: 28204

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

View PostL-DI-EGO, on 27 April 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

What do you mean, are you asking for decals without the light-flesh skin? Do you want to use them on yellow minifigures or something like that?

Unfortunately, I don’t own the last version of Grievous.  :grin: However, my collaborative friend "comandante cody" has tried to make some tests with paper.
http://lh4.googleuse...40/P1050141.JPG
Obviously this is just a test; I already know that the red side of the cape should be in the opposite direction. But the size is OK. :wink:

What I mean basically is make the flesh on the face decals white.  When you use clear water-slide decals you don't need a background and I want to apply them to some flesh heads.  If the flesh color is there when I apply it, it will give the flesh a darker color.

#7 L-DI-EGO

L-DI-EGO

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

OK, I now understand better.
I have just added the white backgrounds version. Enjoy it. :thumbup:

http://www.brickshel...decalswhite.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users