Do you prefer Battle Packs to have 1 or 2 factions?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you prefer Battle Packs to have 1 or 2 factions? (81 member(s) have cast votes)

Should battle packs have 2 factions?

1. Yes - two factions is best! (2 votes [2.47%])

Percentage of vote: 2.47%

2. No - I prefer one faction (64 votes [79.01%])

Percentage of vote: 79.01%

3. Some with one, some with two (15 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Esvald Forceswoop

Esvald Forceswoop

Member: 19540

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

One faction beacuse if they do two factions, add one "little bp thing" for the another faction too.

#27 Rook

Rook

• BW2013 MEGA Creation "Winner"

Member: 2903

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

Nope give me one. Prime example why this bad:

If I was building a rebel army from scratch and a pack has 2 rebels and 2 troopers. I buy 50 packs and then I have 100 and 100. But wait the rebels were fewer and greatly out numbered now I have 70 rebels sitting in the corner never being used!  :thumbdown:  *huh*  :cry_sad:
Posted Image
Signature by RΟΟK, on Flickr

#28 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

• Experiencing difficulty...eth

Member: 14331

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

I would love to be able to buy just a pack of rebels and no other factions, no other bricks at all.

#29 mutley777

mutley777

• The one and only Star Wars hoarder!

Member: 193

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

View PostFuppylodders, on 25 April 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

Mutley, what are your intentions for all those 22 clone commanders? :o (I'm not going to ask for freebies or to buy them btw :P I genuinely am interested because thats a lot of commanders that will need a heck of a lot of troops under them  :look: )

I think I might be alright for troops for my commanders. :wink:

#30 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Seriously, it depends on what's in the pack. Say last years one with bomb clones....did we need so many bomb clones maybe not ? :wink:
The Endor pack this year is so so, I always thought the rebels are out numbered by stormtroopers ? :wink:
I feel Lego's choice to do this new kind of BP is aimed at parents and grandparents of the younger fans.....gee, which one did they want..oh easy I get one with both good and bad guys in it. :wink:

#31 Eric W.

Eric W.

Member: 21018

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

This seems to be a marketing strategy for TLG, take the failure of the assasin Droid pack for instance, you now ultimately have to buy more packs to grow your army. If its just one faction, there is a greater chance of the other being ruled out. Also, you have to take in for consideration, the fact that TLG's Target audience is boys aged 5-11. Not all of them can afford buying multiple packs, or even their parents wanting to buy multiples. It's easy to grab one small pack, than 2. Look at it this way, if you have single faction packs, a lower total number of them (both sides combined) would be sold than multi-faction packs. (Both sides combined) :sceptic:

#32 Fuppylodders

Fuppylodders

Member: 23632

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

View PostEric W., on 30 April 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

This seems to be a marketing strategy for TLG, take the failure of the assasin Droid pack for instance, you now ultimately have to buy more packs to grow your army. If its just one faction, there is a greater chance of the other being ruled out. Also, you have to take in for consideration, the fact that TLG's Target audience is boys aged 5-11. Not all of them can afford buying multiple packs, or even their parents wanting to buy multiples. It's easy to grab one small pack, than 2. Look at it this way, if you have single faction packs, a lower total number of them (both sides combined) would be sold than multi-faction packs. (Both sides combined) :sceptic:

Hmmm, not necessarily...
Could look at it this way too...
Someone's parents wants to buy their kid a battlepack so their kid can have troops to fight with/against.... Oh no! There is only one faction in one BP! Well, they can't fight against each other, so... they'll perhaps just buy one for now, and then buy another later so he can have 2 factions to fight against, or... Buy 2 BPs now so he can have bad guys fight his goo guys that they will get him.

Their current way? They only need to spend £12 to make their kid happy with 2 factions, as opposed to £24 (which would make TLG more money)

Also, If I have to buy 2x BPs to get just 4 troops I want, I'm left with 4 troops I don't want, and it's not really worth it reselling those commander droids/new droids as they're not going to be valued a lot so not even worth swapping them on a 1:1 ratio... so I'm just not going to bother buying anymore BP's for them clone troopers at all. I'll perhaps just bricklink/ebay what I want, if at all. So they've lost out some sales from me. (greater chance of the other faction being ruled out? They've just ruled out 2 factions at once for me, one of which I do want, but am not going to get)

It works your way, but I also see it working this way too  :wacko:

Edited by Fuppylodders, 30 April 2012 - 04:59 PM.

#33 Sir_Basil_Ashton

Sir_Basil_Ashton

Member: 23619

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'm sure LEGO looked at the idea of a one or two-faction battle pack and through some unproven scietific formula, came to the conclusion that 2 faction is the way to go. I think either way would work if they put minifigs in this battle pack that people actually wanted.

#34 Calanon

Calanon

• Rat Fail

Member: 7327

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

I personally much prefer one faction per pack as it allows you to build up a particular army if you're not interested in the opposing one, but I can see why they would make it two factions as I did see some people complaining that you can't just play with the set straight out of the box.

"No. What I'm saying is that Wales should be completely removed from the planet." - Pinioncorp, 9th October 2011.

#35 Vindicare

Vindicare

Member: 12542

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:56 AM

Buying from eBay is a bit of a bust. Most of the ARC troopers go for around $10. So for a few more, you can buy both and get a fun cannon! Woo! I think the 2 faction route won't show as much sales as the one did and hopefully they'll go back to one. Personally, I won't be buying as many as I would the all clone packs because I'm not overly interested in making a huge droid army. I'm willing to bet the ratio of buying multiples is greatly outweighed by AFOLs(namely mutley777 and The Darkness :grin:)
Clone Army-147 & counting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users