• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 LewiMOC

LewiMOC

• Raise ur Bonkle

Member: 23845

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostAntrozek, on 05 August 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

I felt like drawing Duncan Bulk in the new style I been triying off. Heavy duty hero types have alot of armor (based them on knights), so we have the average heroes who look like something out of mass effect or any cliche Sci fi movie, and the Heavy duties who wield alot of armor

Posted Image

a more personal color scheme, I think the new bulk model would look alot better in silver, grey and black. That's only my opinion tho

Posted Image
A Bulky bulk! Nice design!

In the gleaming city of Lan-ra, the people live at peace in the beautiful valley cascading from the towering peaks above. The people of Lan-ra hold their history close to their hearts, archiving their history in vast catacombs beneath their home. But one artefact’s location remains an incredible mystery, and according to an ancient prophecy, ownership of this relic is key to the city’s continued survival…

Posted Image

Beepity bop bap

#27 exxtrooper

exxtrooper

Member: 5208

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

I have to say I really enjoy your art in general Roly, you have a very nice style and I like both the Hero Factory artwork you do as well as other type of artwork you do  :wink:
Official host on the TTV podcast!
Newest Lego creation(s)/other: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#28 Antrozek

Antrozek

Member: 3757

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

wow im back, woa, italiano, woah

Posted Image

after seeing the preliminary pictures of the new Hero Factory wave, my feelings on the designs are very mixed, well, only in the heroes, the villains are megabluck GREAT, they’re pretty much ogres, rock giants, demons, and a really horrible insect. the Heroes have a knight vibe going on. probably because the Hero Factory needs to clean up their image since the Breakout, and gave the Heroes an old school hero look.

and we all know the old school heroes are knights.

so yeah, the designs are pretty nasty (in the good sense), but Bulk is..just nasty, I don’t understand what the megabluck is up with this weapon, if that thing under the visor is a nose or part of the helmet. idk. so as always, I went directly into a full redesign.

but im having troubles choosing which one of these should be final, so I could polish it, do turn arounds of it and bla bla.

which one do you think I should make final guys (Im debating between the coat one and the Heavily armored one)?

#29 Cirkit

Cirkit

Member: 23450

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

As much as the heavily armored version is appealing, the coat one is kind of growing on me. The whole 'Heroes as Knights' thing is kind of cool, mixes the two ideas nicely.

I love what you did with Bulk's helmet, and I have to agree the face did look odd. I think the second of the two, the one on the right, looks better. Gives him an old knightly feel while retaining the Bulkyness we know and tolerate love. :P

#30 Jetrax99

Jetrax99

Member: 2447

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

Definitely the coat.
Posted Image

#31 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Member: 8841

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

I like the one second from the right myself. It really evokes the set design while feeling extremely rugged and muscular. For leg armor I like the designs on the center left, though they could be more stylized to match the rest of the design.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#32 Antrozek

Antrozek

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Posted Image

I'll do some turn arounds later

edit: I don't think im pleased with this as I thought I would be, it just, it doesn't feels like this is Duncan Bulk. the Set already doesn't feels like him, I think im gonna take my liberties and leave the set influence behind. and go on for a more 1.0 vibe on him, while looking knightly and futuristic

Edited by Antrozek, 12 October 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#33 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Member: 8841

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostAntrozek, on 12 October 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

I'll do some turn arounds later

edit: I don't think im pleased with this as I thought I would be, it just, it doesn't feels like this is Duncan Bulk. the Set already doesn't feels like him, I think im gonna take my liberties and leave the set influence behind. and go on for a more 1.0 vibe on him, while looking knightly and futuristic
Even if you're not happy with this concept, I have to say the colors and shading are phenomenal.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#34 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Member: 28078

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

Wow. Dark Stranger Bulk.
A new year, a new Mask of (Ultimate) Power, a new Matoran marching band.

My MOCpages
Galaxy Squad Set Suggestions

#35 xxlrocka

xxlrocka

Member: 20659

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

That picture makes me want to say "OhmygodBulklookslikeoneofthosemysteriouspeoplefromthemovieswhichmeanshelooksawesome!"
In Heroica I am:  
Posted Image
Drake Flamerobe, http://www.eurobrick...50#entry1441605 for stats.

#36 Antrozek

Antrozek

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

Posted Image

finished Duncan Bulk concept!

He's bigger than most heroes, so don't take his bodytype and size as reference for the heroes im going to draw next. also, decided that Breez like most female heroes, will share a medium sized male mold, like surge, furno, etc

#37 Cirkit

Cirkit

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

I like knightly Bulk, but the latest design works very well. I especially like the visor- the way it goes up the neck but leaves the mouth exposed is pretty cool.

Why is his head green though? I thought it was normally orange?

#38 xxlrocka

xxlrocka

Member: 20659

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

I like it. You've managed to keep Bulk bulky and you've also made him look like the actual set too.
In Heroica I am:  
Posted Image
Drake Flamerobe, http://www.eurobrick...50#entry1441605 for stats.

#39 Cirkit

Cirkit

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

I just saw a book cover showing off Bulk's new face, the green used makes sense now.
And, I hate to admit it, but the green is starting to grow on me.
How do you think you'll add Bulk's drill? As a hand-held weapon, or as an arm-attachment?

#40 Antrozek

Antrozek

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Posted Image

More HF art because im a sucker for Duncan Bulk.

Let's say this is during the possible villain factory arc or something. sdfsdgsd (This picture really has no point, just wanted to draw Bulk all damaged, topless, and with a hole in his chest showing his hero core)

#41 Antrozek

Antrozek

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

EDIT: doubleposted, jeeeezzz

Edited by Antrozek, 24 October 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#42 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Wow, I like the first one, but the second one is just a little too "bloody".

My MOCpages

#43 Cirkit

Cirkit

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

I like the action and what appear to be enemy bot bodies, but the hole in the torso looks a little odd to me. The rip looks more fleshy than metal, but I could overlook it if the flesh is actually some kind of 'spandex'-like protective cover or something, where other armor can't fit.

It's a great scene though. Do you plan on recreating other Heroes, such as Rocka, Stormer, Evo, and Breez in this style?

#44 Antrozek

Antrozek

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Posted Image

Changed the design

AGAIN

#45 LewiMOC

LewiMOC

• Raise ur Bonkle

Member: 23845

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

"I wish I had hair"

Little things like that add a lot of humour and personality to an art sheet like this, which doubles the awesome.

In the gleaming city of Lan-ra, the people live at peace in the beautiful valley cascading from the towering peaks above. The people of Lan-ra hold their history close to their hearts, archiving their history in vast catacombs beneath their home. But one artefact’s location remains an incredible mystery, and according to an ancient prophecy, ownership of this relic is key to the city’s continued survival…

Posted Image

Beepity bop bap

#46 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Pretty nice. The shoulders are too small though.

My MOCpages

#47 Crash Sanders

Crash Sanders

Member: 3771

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Surge looks so Mega-Man-ish. =D

#48 Cirkit

Cirkit

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

I agree with N13OS.. Surge does kinda look Mega-Man-ish.

Not a bad thing, mind. I imagine Surge as a young character (he is a rookie, after all) and the rounded look helps with that. I like the tubing, and the overall torso-construction. I'm not sure if the spiky things on the shoulders are for armor attachment or if they are part of the armor  My mistake, they are shoulder pads. Looks different.

The idea for the battery backpack is excellent. It would work for extended missions well, and it looks great too, with the HF logo incorporated onto it.

I like also what you did for the rifle and the electricity blade. There's something about that transparent look that just works. :D

#49 Antrozek

Antrozek

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

AND SUDDENLY, NEW STUFF

Posted Image

Posted Image

NOTES:

- based the armor from different sources, roman, gothic..
- designed them in base of their set looks
- the big scabbards they have on the back, it's only a massive recharger for their energy sabers
- the energy sabers are either main or secondary weapon (see breez, using a laser crossbow)
- the energy sabers DON'T cut or stab, they are like police batons, they hit HARD, like a hammer, they are meant to incapacite, not kill
- Furno design coming soon, he uses a glorified Average male hero armor set

#50 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Rocka looks nice.

My MOCpages

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users