Jump to content


My CUUSOO Ed, Edd n Eddy Project


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Makuta

Makuta

    Posts: 93
    Joined: 18-December 05
    Member: 581

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

I am in the process of making a licensed CUUSOO project entitled "Ed, Edd n Eddy." I contacted Cartoon Network, the owners of Ed, Edd n Eddy, via email for permission to start my project. However, they haven't replied yet. Do you think I should write them a written letter regarding permission to start my project via mail? Or should I give Cartoon Network some time to reply?

#2 Rufus

Rufus

  • Schnell! Schnell! Kartoffelkopf!


    Posts: 5057
    Joined: 15-July 09
    Member: 6705
    Country: EU

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostMakuta, on 20 April 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

I am in the process of making a licensed CUUSOO project entitled "Ed, Edd n Eddy." I contacted Cartoon Network, the owners of Ed, Edd n Eddy, via email for permission to start my project. However, they haven't replied yet. Do you think I should write them a written letter regarding permission to start my project via mail? Or should I give Cartoon Network some time to reply?
Matuka, I don't think this requires a separate topic, and seeing as LEGO do not have a licence with this particular cartoon, it doesn't belong in the Licensed Forum.  I'll consider where it should go (but as it isn't radically different to the questions you were asking in the LDD thread, I'm tempted to merge it back into there).

My advice: give them time. :wink:

I had a change of heart - it wasn't appropriate for LDD either, so I've moved it to General Discussion (though your question really is about copyright rather than LEGO or CUUSOO in particular).

Still:  give them time.

#3 Commander Adama

Commander Adama

    Posts: 102
    Joined: 14-July 11
    Member: 19037
    Country: England

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Ah I loved that show, I grew up with it :P

I would love to see thi happen, but I fear maybe there are too many fans so you may not succeed but I will be following

#4 Oky

Oky

  • I am O-ky, English-German relations


    Posts: 9559
    Joined: 02-October 07
    Member: 2028
    Country: USA

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

I don't think you need permission to start a Cuusoo project from anybody. If you do get your 10.000 supporters, Lego themselves will contact CN for the license.
However, I find it very unlikely that you will get this far. Ed, Edd & Eddy was a fun show, but it's pretty old now and I can't think of anything iconic to make a set out of, except for maybe one of the main characters' bedroom or garage. :sceptic: Perhaps if you had a good MOC to support your suggestion, this might have a slight chance, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

#5 Dakar A

Dakar A

  • I've been outing Scum for OURS!


    Posts: 549
    Joined: 14-November 11
    Member: 21891
    Country: United States

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostCommander Adama, on 20 April 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

Ah I loved that show, I grew up with it :P

I would love to see thi happen, but I fear maybe there are too many fans so you may not succeed but I will be following

Loved the show, but I always wondered:

1.Where did they get so much plywood?

and 2.Why were they so obssed with jawbreakers? Couldn't Double D just make their own?

These are both silly, since it was a cartoon, but I had always wondered.
The project sounds great, but I agree, its like wishing on a star. Not too much support out there right now.

#6 Makuta

Makuta

    Posts: 93
    Joined: 18-December 05
    Member: 581

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

I just downloaded Autodesk Maya to make custom pieces for Ed, Edd n Eddy. Now I need help making Ed's buzzcut hairpiece. Can someone help me?

#7 CM4Sci

CM4Sci

    Posts: 7701
    Joined: 18-December 11
    Member: 23274
    Country: USA

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostMakuta, on 20 April 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

I just downloaded Autodesk Maya to make custom pieces for Ed, Edd n Eddy. Now I need help making Ed's buzzcut hairpiece. Can someone help me?
Err..no. I don't think anyone can.

-Sci

Posted Image


Read my review for 10251 Brick Bank on Brickipedia!


#8 Makuta

Makuta

    Posts: 93
    Joined: 18-December 05
    Member: 581

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

View PostCM4S, on 20 April 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

Err..no. I don't think anyone can.

-Sci

Then who knows how to draw a LEGO part from scratch on 3D software other than Maya?

#9 Makuta

Makuta

    Posts: 93
    Joined: 18-December 05
    Member: 581

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

Never mind, I'm downloading Autodesk Inventor for making minifigures. Therefore, problem solved.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users