Does anyone play brickwars?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Durins Bane

Durins Bane

Member: 28052

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

Does anyone play brickwars? I strictly mean medieval fantasy based games... I was wondering what troops, and weapons people find favorable. How many points per army do you play with?
131 views and no one plays?
Anyway, here is my army for this weekend. 300 points.
Posted Image

Edited by Durins Bane, 20 April 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#2 morganm

morganm

Member: 24077

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

I love Brikwars!  My son and I play it now and then.  Even got some of my friends to join in some games.  We use the Quikwars version so it's just a 1 page doc of rules and away you go!  We run all kinds of games and scenarios... castle... space... and everything in between.  Using Quikwars there's little to do with "points" or weapon types.  I find that long melee weapons are awesome because you can close in to melee before your opponent can.  Also favor the technique of using squads to use combined attacks and decimate opponents one at a time.    

We are also switching over to Lego for our PathfinderLITEgames =)

Edited by morganm, 20 April 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#3 turtleman2020

turtleman2020

Member: 23684

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

What's brickwars? I have heard of it, but i dont know what it is.

#4 dwarf-brik

dwarf-brik

Member: 2334

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

@turtleman2020: Brikwars is a set of rules for wargaming with Lego models. Just go on over to http://www.brikwars..../2005/cover.htm to get the rules. the Brikwars website has forums, but while these forums are quite active, I would not recommend them to anyone. Unless you have a high tolerance for kids who insist on using the vilest language while talking about Legos, avoid the forums. There are some really cool armies there, so I occasionally browse, but I don't post there.

Actually, I think the degeneration of the fanbase is one of the reasons no one on here talks about the game. I personally LOVE Brikwars, and always have a really great time whenever I break out the minifigs.

~Dwarf

P.S. Maybe we should start a Eurobricks Brikwars league...

#5 Durins Bane

Durins Bane

Member: 28052

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

Thanks guys, Im waiting on LOTR to comeout so I can build a goblin army!! :sick:

#6 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

I am going to move this to the right forum.

Topic moved.

WhiteFang

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

#7 Chromeknight

Chromeknight

• Heyo!

Member: 6074

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

I've played quite a lot of brikwars (see the STUDS stuff on the brikwars site).
But not anytime recently.

The rules are fun, but overly complex in places. And they quicky degenerate into a mass of in-jokes and house rules that are impenetrable for newcomers. Plus, they've been promising an update for more than two years...

There are plenty of other good rulesets out there, our gaming group is currently using "Song of Blades and Heroes".
It is, in my opinon, much better for medieval/fantasy wargaming.
You can see some AAR pictures at http://www.flickr.co...s/80685200@N00/

I too am hanging out for LotR minifigs!

Nerwen Calmcacil, Elven Paladin, is paying debts in Heroica the RPG!
Posted Image

#8 Hikaro Takayama

Hikaro Takayama

Member: 20752

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

While not Brickwars, per se, some of my friends and I did use LEGO to substitute for the miniatures/battlefield/scene parts when playing Dungeons and Dragons and Warhammer...  Mainly due to the LEGO actually being CHEAPER than the official Games Workshop/WOC stuff. :tongue:

I wouldn't mind giving Brickwars a try (or at least find some people local who would be willing to try LEGO wargaming with the latest Warhammer Fantasy Battles ruleset).

Genderfluid and proud of it.

"Wot's faster than a warbuggy, more killy than a warbike, and flies through da air like a bird? I got no bleedin' idea, but I'm gonna find out."  - Kog da Flymek, pioneer of the Deffkopta

#9 Myrddyn

Myrddyn

Member: 27305

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

I would love to play Brickwars, but I can't find anyone to play with. :hmpf_bad:
I have read the rules though, and decided that in a melee, assuming equal numbers of men on each side, the two-handed weapons are probably the best. Though as I have never had a chance to try this out this is all just theoretical.

Playing as Erik Tyrvarr in Heroica RPG

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users