LDD MOC : Mini Walker Mech

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gory51

Gory51

Member: 28016

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

As mentioned in the introduction thread, here is my first MOC, a small mini walker Mech. It was actually built physically first, then recreated in LDD
I call it the Rooikat ( pronounced Roy-Cut with a rolling rrr sound )

I have just started collecting Lego, but like to be creative so here goes
Posted Image

Attached Files

Edited by Gory51, 20 April 2012 - 03:58 PM.

When I die, I just hope my wife does not sell my Lego collection for what I have "told" her I have spent on it :)

#2 Si-MOCs

Si-MOCs

• SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!

Member: 16567

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

Well welcome to not to only Eurobricks, but the additively awesome hobby of MOCing!

Though why create in real life then make a virtual one?
Real ones are more fun... you can play with them  :laugh:

For a first MOC that's pretty awesome! Some nice joints connections you're using there.
Though He seems to be missing a big honking gun. Maybe put one on those shoulder where you have the modified plate?
Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
I'd seek professional help - but I spent the money on LEGO. | flickr

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#3 Gory51

Gory51

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Thank for the tips. I will look into those points. I was trying to make both arms into guns though but they do need some work ;).

Anyway you are so right when you say this is addictive. I cant stop looking at Lego creations and thinking what i should save for next. :)

EDIT: Also to answer the question. I like to create in real life and virtually. But my idea here is that I built it, and wanted to "save it" so to speak. If I make the LDD version I can save the mech, and build plans for later use if I ever take this one apart. ;)

Edited by Gory51, 20 April 2012 - 04:13 PM.

When I die, I just hope my wife does not sell my Lego collection for what I have "told" her I have spent on it :)

#4 TenorPenny

TenorPenny

• MicroPIRATE

Member: 5175

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Great articulation! I would suggest using trans-black or trans-clear for the cheese-slope cockpit, but otherwise it's superb!

#5 Gory51

Gory51

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, I think it is a good idea. When I started this I first chose the transparent blue cheese wedge as a starting point as it was one of the pieces I had in my small parts box. I had no idea where the creation was going, or which  colours I would use at that time, hence the odd bit of colour here and there.

I have also modified it slightly now.....upper arms and swapped out an arm cannon. Here is Version2
Posted Image

#6 reptiman

reptiman

Member: 28085

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

Pretty cool MOC!  I like how the body (appears) to be on a swivel plate giving it more articulation.  One thing I think you could change is the legs though.  Something does not look right about it.  The body however, is wonderful along with the arms.  Very articulated and cool looking MOC!

#7 Gory51

Gory51

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

I might change the feet, to be narrow, but I am not sure it would be stable enough. Have you seen it in LDD? The pics I posted do not do it justice. In LDD it has a nice pose.

I also do have a swivel plate in there. I made a mistake on the first pic and swivel the brick itself on the plate, but I corrected that in the second picture.

Thanks for the feedback :)

#8 Dapper-D2

Dapper-D2

Member: 22141

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

That’s an awesome little Mech with some great details! I used to play the game Front Mission and that’s what this reminds me of. Keep um coming!  :wub:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  Flickr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users