Orcs attack

13 replies to this topic

#1 songwm

songwm

Member: 4884

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hi all,

I created this Orcs attack scene last Saturday and would like to share it here. Your comments are welcome. (Sorry for my poor photography skill. I took these photos using my Iphone)

Orcs attack.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Link:

Thanks for viewing.

Edited by songwm, 19 April 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#2 -GZ-

-GZ-

Member: 8976

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Great diorama! This certailnly reminds me of the Pelennor Fields Battle from the LOTR (because of the orcs army units). But I certainly like depicting the scene with Kingdoms\Fantasy Era figs!
The Castle is great, especially the tower with the red roof (I like decorated walls) The last photo is just epic!

P.S. How many figs of every faction are there?
Have you ever seen LEGO... ROMAN EMPERORS? COMPOSITE CAPITALS? ARCHES? BAROQUE? Use the links! Comment on Flickr!

I'm from Russia - sorry for my English) * -GZ- is a member of Doublebrick (Russian LEGO fans community) since August 2006.

#3 Christoph

Christoph

Member: 8747

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Wait a moment, did you build this last Saturday or did you finish it last Saturday?! *oh2*  
The castle is huge and very well built  :thumbup: . The orc army look menacing, the knights are very brave to leave the castle walls to fight the orcs man to man!
Abū Alī al-Ḥusayn ibn Abd Allāh ibn Sīnā, a truth seeker of the Kaliphlin guild

#4 jFox

jFox

Member: 25003

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Wow, this is very impressive!  What I really like most about is the variety and composition of the orc army.  Rather than just a hundred of the same orc you've got it mixed up into different types of units or groups.  There's the trolls pushing the heavy siege equipment, the orcs carrying ladders up to the walls, and I really love the dinosaurs!  Heavy beasts of burden carrying troops like that is a very cool touch.

And the orc leader (general? king?) in the back, waiting patiently and watching as the battle unfolds is also a very nice detail.  Hats off to you sir! Posted Image

#5 songwm

songwm

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

View Post-GZ-, on 18 April 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

Great diorama! This certailnly reminds me of the Pelennor Fields Battle from the LOTR (because of the orcs army units). But I certainly like depicting the scene with Kingdoms\Fantasy Era figs!
The Castle is great, especially the tower with the red roof (I like decorated walls) The last photo is just epic!

P.S. How many figs of every faction are there?

Thanks for your comment.

There are 3 factions. Orcs, Crown and the Lion. Crown and the Lion are alliance (that's why they stay in the same castle). There is about 180 Orcs here and around 70 Crownies/Lion.

View PostChristoph, on 18 April 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

Wait a moment, did you build this last Saturday or did you finish it last Saturday?! *oh2*  
The castle is huge and very well built  :thumbup: . The orc army look menacing, the knights are very brave to leave the castle walls to fight the orcs man to man!

Thanks for your comment.

I built this castle last year (took me about 8 months or so). I built this war scene last Saturday (took me few hours).

The castle is not wide enough. Therefore, i have to let the good knights go fight outside the castle to make the scene look better (its almost like a suicide though  :laugh: )

View PostjFox, on 18 April 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

Wow, this is very impressive!  What I really like most about is the variety and composition of the orc army.  Rather than just a hundred of the same orc you've got it mixed up into different types of units or groups.  There's the trolls pushing the heavy siege equipment, the orcs carrying ladders up to the walls, and I really love the dinosaurs!  Heavy beasts of burden carrying troops like that is a very cool touch.

And the orc leader (general? king?) in the back, waiting patiently and watching as the battle unfolds is also a very nice detail.  Hats off to you sir! Posted Image

Thanks a lot for your comment! Glad that you like the dinosaur, i like them too. And by the way, I learnt to MOC the 6722 dinosaur from this forum.

Edited by songwm, 20 April 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#6 Niku

Niku

• Wants two initials

Member: 14912

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Spectacular diorama, do the Crownies stand a chance?

Posted Image

Spoiler

#7 Brinstar

Brinstar

Member: 21451

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

This is a fantastic diorama, beautifully displayed and very reminiscent of Lord of the Rings. The castle is very impressive with lots of great little details and I'm very jealous of your massive orc army.

#8 Venunder

Venunder

Member: 26358

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

All those Orcs and cavalry too...   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  

I think you need a few more archers to hold them off.

#9 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

Ah-mazing! Amazing castle, amazing armies. Wow. Great job, that castle is well built. The inner structures are good looking and the splash of yellow make it pop. The towers on either side of the entryways are great. Good use of the triceratops. The orcs on horseback just don't look right.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#10 Tazmaniac

Tazmaniac

• Swings in the right weather conditions

Member: 13585

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

Wow that's impressive!
I will have to ask you to resize the images though as they are too big ( 800x600 max ).
You can host on flickr and t it'll resize for you or you can checkout the tutorials in my signature.

May you be touched by his noodly appendage
Posted Image Posted Image
Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials| Eurobricks FAQ

#11 songwm

songwm

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

View PostNiku, on 18 April 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

Spectacular diorama, do the Crownies stand a chance?

Thanks for your reply.

The Crownies do have a change coz the "Golden knight" is on fire. :laugh:

View PostBrinstar, on 18 April 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

This is a fantastic diorama, beautifully displayed and very reminiscent of Lord of the Rings. The castle is very impressive with lots of great little details and I'm very jealous of your massive orc army.

Thanks for your comments.

View PostVenunder, on 18 April 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

All those Orcs and cavalry too...   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  

I think you need a few more archers to hold them off.

Thanks for your comments.

You are right, i need more archers :laugh:

In fact, i think the Orcs need a cross bow unit too.

View PostLegocrazy81, on 19 April 2012 - 04:43 AM, said:

Ah-mazing! Amazing castle, amazing armies. Wow. Great job, that castle is well built. The inner structures are good looking and the splash of yellow make it pop. The towers on either side of the entryways are great. Good use of the triceratops. The orcs on horseback just don't look right.

Thanks for your comments. Somehow IMO, Orcs look ok on the brown horseback (look weird on black or white horse)

View PostTazmaniac, on 19 April 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

Wow that's impressive!
I will have to ask you to resize the images though as they are too big ( 800x600 max ).
You can host on flickr and t it'll resize for you or you can checkout the tutorials in my signature.

Thanks for your comment. I have deleted all the photos and put a Flickr link instead. Thanks for reminding.

Edited by songwm, 20 April 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#12 Durins Bane

Durins Bane

Member: 28052

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Wow that is a ton of trolls. I was buildng up my troll army until I saw LOTR was coming.  :thumbup:

I would have kept all of the crownies inside the castle :tongue:

#13 Tria

Tria

Member: 27971

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Lots of action!!

I like it!

#14 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:12 AM

Great work on the posing of your armies  :thumbup:  A nice large scene,the castle looks very realistic.
Good work all around  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users