MOC: Chassis and body experiment (C&C welcome)

4 replies to this topic

#1 apemax

apemax

Member: 13948

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Hello all. :classic:  This is my latest creation which is a bit of a experiment. First it was to try out a chassis design that i thought of. Then i added the body which was sort of a experiment too. It's powered by one PF XL motor for drive and one PF M motor for the steering. It also has pendular suspension on the front and rear and also has a fake inline 4 cylinder engine that is connected to the drive. It also has a differential on the rear axle. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

and a video of it working:

And thats it. hope you like it. as always questions and/or comments are welcome. :classic:

#2 DLuders

DLuders

• Technic Technician

Member: 7868

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

There are some nice functions on this experimental, studded chassis.  I like how the RED hot pistons are visible in the clear engine block.  The small wheels look a bit odd, though.  The video did not show the pendular suspension provided by the two large Technic Turntables -- how does it drive over rough terrain?

#3 apemax

apemax

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostDLuders, on 18 April 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

There are some nice functions on this experimental, studded chassis.  I like how the RED hot pistons are visible in the clear engine block.  The small wheels look a bit odd, though.  The video did not show the pendular suspension provided by the two large Technic Turntables -- how does it drive over rough terrain?

Thanks. :classic:  yeah i don't have any bigger wheels than these. It's a bit slower over rough terrain but overall it's pretty good considering it's only two wheel drive. It's certainly the strongest drive train i've ever made. There isn't much movement with the pendular suspension as the springs are fairly stiff. I could make a video of the suspension in action if you like? I forgot about that when i made this video.

#4 Cypr-21

Cypr-21

Member: 14348

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

The studfull / studless / power function combination looks very strange :sceptic:

But the experiment is usefull if you improve it to build a fabulous MOC  :wink:
Posted Image

#5 apemax

apemax

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostCypr-21, on 18 April 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

The studfull / studless / power function combination looks very strange :sceptic:

But the experiment is usefull if you improve it to build a fabulous MOC  :wink:

Thanks. :classic:

Yeah i plan on taking what i've learnt from this experiment and make a better car.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users