brickcitydepot

Pirate Town - English Port

[pid][/pid]211C

Here is my entry for the Jolly Roger III contest for the Pirate Town category. This is my biggest MOC so far and it took me a long time as you can imagine. There is a small section of a larger fort that overlooks the bay and the town itself. I had fun creating all the different houses, trying to make them different and including different roof styles. The layout of the town was much smaller at first and went through several different iterations before I decided on this one. I wanted curved streets and for the buildings to curve around and have the buildings follow the road.

Here is the main picture and several more. You can see more pictures of it on mocpages.

7082734829_bdec0dc03b.jpg

Lego - Huge Pirate Town Layout #1 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

7082734901_b64f8431bb.jpg

Lego - Huge Pirate Town Layout #2 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

7082735031_38acb72c33.jpg

Lego - Huge Pirate Town Layout #3 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

7082735083_c16627813d.jpg

Lego - Huge Pirate Town Layout #4 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6936660112_196c02fd3a.jpg

Lego - Huge Pirate Town Layout #5 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

This is quite a MOC you have made there, Sir! I really like the city and all the details in it. I find the non-linear allignment of the houses to be especially appealing. The only thing I'd add would be a little variation on the shore battery - maybe different variations of grey, a crack here and there - but it's a brilliant MOC - I can smell that this is going to be blogged.

Spectacular MOC brickcitydepot! :pir-wub:

All the little details are great. I would love it if TLG were to start making a series of Pirate buildings in the style of this and MMV. This would definitely get my support if it was on LEGO CUUSOO. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing! :shark:

Fantastic! This is just like I want to do my port on my big project. Incredible stuff.

Especially enjoy the street/alleyway

Edited by Raacerx2

The most realistic Pirate Town what ive seen so far! I dont even have word to describe this MOC.

But theres slight thig wich stads out a it: The fort dosent quite look like it would fit the rest of the MOC. But that my though. Overall: Im stunned, most excellent work there mate!

Captain Becker

EDIT: Slight typing error.

Edited by Captain Becker

I absolutely adore this MOC. I'm on something quite similar to this. Looking at your creation makes me wanna weep, because my efforts would look amateurish next to yours. Great, great town here.

Holy Cow! One of the best ports I've ever seen! I love the studless look as well as all the details on the buildings. Good luck in the JRC III :pir-laugh:

I'd love to be able to build such a scene. It's simply beautiful. There are so much details!

I spent quite some time on the mocpage to look at the other pictures.

I'd love to be able to build such a scene. It's simply beautiful.

This. I love large towns, but a pirate town? I'm sold. The trees in the back really give a sense of completeness.