CUUSOO Photo Generating Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Makuta

Makuta

Member: 581

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

Hello, I recently joined CUUSOO and I am trying to find out how to make a CGI image of a project. Can someone please help me?

#2 DLuders

DLuders

• Technic Technician

Member: 7868

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

@ Makuta:  Why don't you use Lego Digital Designer (LDD) to build a computer model of your creation?  It's easy to use, and you can make many Computer-Generated Images (CGIs) via PNG image files that you can upload to Lego CUUSOO.

#3 Makuta

Makuta

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostDLuders, on 15 April 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

@ Makuta:  Why don't you use Lego Digital Designer (LDD) to build a computer model of your creation?  It's easy to use, and you can make many Computer-Generated Images (CGIs) via PNG image files that you can upload to Lego CUUSOO.

But I don't know how to make a newly sculpt minifigure head from CGI.

#4 DLuders

DLuders

• Technic Technician

Member: 7868

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

... but Philo does!   :classic:  See this Eurobricks topic about "Philo's LEGO 3D Scanner (Used for 3D LDRAW Parts) -- NXT Software Available to Scan Any Shape with Laser."

The YouTube video shows a "Laser scan of a LEGO part using DAVID laser scanner":

Posted Image

#5 Superkalle

Superkalle

Member: 4755

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

For me it's a bit unclear what you want to do Makuta. Do you have a complete MOC built up that you want to make digital model of? Or do you have customized physical minifig that you want to make into a digital "element" so you can place it into a digital model?

In any case, if you want to create a custom digital Lego-element, you can't use LDD - your only option is to use the Ldraw platform like DLuders indicates.
Eurobricks Digital Design Forum - for all your LDD and Ldraw cravings

#6 Makuta

Makuta

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostSuperkalle, on 15 April 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

For me it's a bit unclear what you want to do Makuta. Do you have a complete MOC built up that you want to make digital model of? Or do you have customized physical minifig that you want to make into a digital "element" so you can place it into a digital model?

In any case, if you want to create a custom digital Lego-element, you can't use LDD - your only option is to use the Ldraw platform like DLuders indicates.

It's about making the customized physical element into a digital element.

Edited by Makuta, 15 April 2012 - 03:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users