Micro Smuggler

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TenorPenny

• MicroPIRATE

Member: 5175

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

More mini-action now, and something between gunship size and capital-ship scale, the little grey and black number features dual side-cockpits (unpopular with my girlfriend, despite the 'Falcon defence) and a defensive array of three cannons.

Posted Image

The fighter is in sand green, red and black, which I particularly like, and is asymmetrical.

Posted Image

#2 Si-MOCs

Member: 16567

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

That is a cool looking cruiser. It has some great lines to it simple but elegant. It feels like it could have some serious speed.

The green guy - I'm kinda mixed on it... the first picture - that side looks interesting. The other side - not as much. I get you're trying to be asymmetrical but you're missing just a little something... maybe as simple as a sand green plate on that stud?

The build itself is pretty good, but my main negative has to be the pictures - definitely room for some improvement. You have some neat builds but I think your pictures are holding you back a bit. It was great idea using the box, but your next step is to try to get brighter pictures.

Your best bet if you don't have a lot of natural light is to use a tripod. Or if you don't have a tripod set the camera on a couple of books. Figure out how to set a long exposure (PM if you need some help) and take your time and take some nice shots. The other way is you can try changing it in post - you can turn up the brightness and contrast settings.
Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
I'd seek professional help - but I spent the money on LEGO. | flickr

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#3 TenorPenny

• MicroPIRATE

Member: 5175

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

That's really sweet, and some fine advice. I shall have a fiddle with my camera and photo-setup and see if I can't get some better pictures.

My next project, which is almost finished, is a mini-version of the smuggler ship from Star Wars: The Old Republic. The name of which I forget. I'll make sure it's not let down by poor pictures!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users