LEGO Team GB Minifigures Discussion

443 replies to this topic

#26 charlieboy

charlieboy

• chuffed to bits

Member: 7180

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

Result! One good thing to come out of the Olympics then! I'll be snagging a set of these asap for myself, depending on stock levels of my local suppliers I may be able to get more sets to ship abroad :wink:

#27 IAmWillGibson

IAmWillGibson

Member: 14134

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Put me down as someone in the colonies who wants a set, if one of my fine cousins in the UK could hook me up with one.

I specifically like the Equestrian. Not entirely sure why, but I do.

#28 AllanSmith

AllanSmith

Member: 1340

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostIAmWillGibson, on 13 April 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

Put me down as someone in the colonies who wants a set, if one of my fine cousins in the UK could hook me up with one.

From a down under colony (NZ) I want a whole carton, please.  :wub:

#29 xxlrocka

xxlrocka

Member: 20659

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

Wow....UK exclusive? WIN! I suddenly want these because it says they are exclusive. I've never had anything exclusive before! Maybe just because exclusive things are rare. Very rare. You get an exclusive item once in your lifetime and if you don't get it, you're screwed.....but that only happens if you say to your friends that there is some exclusive items out and you are going to get them before they are sold out, and then you find they are sold out and you get in sudden panic because if you go and tell your friends that you have it, you won't have proof and they will find out you don't really have it and beat you up for saying you would get it but you didn't. Now I hope that doesn't happen to me. And now I've gone off topic.
In Heroica I am:  
Posted Image
Drake Flamerobe, http://www.eurobrick...50#entry1441605 for stats.

#30 Rick

Rick

• Subtle like a hammer

Member: 5261

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

View Postxxlrocka, on 13 April 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

And now I've gone off topic.
So, please don't.  :hmpf_bad:

#31 xxlrocka

xxlrocka

Member: 20659

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

View PostRick, on 13 April 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

So, please don't.  :hmpf_bad:

I didn't mean to!  :blush:
In Heroica I am:  
Posted Image
Drake Flamerobe, http://www.eurobrick...50#entry1441605 for stats.

#32 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

I am a pessimist by nature and I don't believe everything I hear/read, but for whatever reason I believe(d) that these are real. The small picture makes it hard for some details, but it is exciting nevertheless. I didn't consider them being faked, but if they are, then bravo. If they aren't, I will need to make friends with a UK AFOL stat!  :sweet:

While I don't love all of them, I certainly wouldn't mind having something exclusive. I like the gymnast or equestrian rider the most!

Let's wait for more news on them in the coming days/weeks/months...
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#33 Bricksan

Bricksan

• Bib 6126 eats miles

Member: 19010

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

The image is most likely the prototypes so no doubt the finished ones might have this years official strip. It is also worth noting these are Team GB Olympic exclusive not a generic Olympic set, different license hence why they are UK exclusives. Also a lot of toy shops in the UK will be out of pocket if they are fake as a lot have ordered stock if you read comments on Brickset.

For those wanting them once the official word is out and release date, send me a message to sort what you want out. :)
LEGO Ambassador for UK fans connected to Brick Fanatics

Brick Fanatics - A UK Based LEGO site, daily news from the world of LEGO. Plus we review sets and feature MOC's and much more.

#34 Zeya

Zeya

• Thinks He's a Stud

Member: 13511

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

The equestrian rider will be the easiest to identify. Just feel for the horse! (Joking.)

#35 just2good

just2good

• Bothan Spy #8

Member: 4916

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

Time to import! :tongue:
I'm totally going to get all nine. They all look great, and I hope they have new faces. Also, this gateways to so much CMF possibilities. I hope they make some Super Heroes CMFs. :grin:

#36 Venunder

Venunder

Member: 26358

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

I'll be buying some of these.  :thumbup:

#37 legomaniac83

legomaniac83

• Retro Maersk Head

Member: 5420

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

I'm also unsure if these are real as well. I work for a television station, and when the Olympics are on we are not even allowed to say the word because we don't have the rights to use it (we have to use Summer games or Winter games etc). So getting a license for these I would assume would be very difficult and/or expensive. Is TLG making a ton of them and selling them for a higher price than regular CM's to cover the cost(s)? I guess we'll wait an see.....

Edited by legomaniac83, 13 April 2012 - 10:50 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#38 Bricksan

Bricksan

• Bib 6126 eats miles

Member: 19010

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

5/6 different sources have confirmed this is official and the license is TEAM GB not Olympics ;)
LEGO Ambassador for UK fans connected to Brick Fanatics

Brick Fanatics - A UK Based LEGO site, daily news from the world of LEGO. Plus we review sets and feature MOC's and much more.

#39 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

RJH, I'll more than likely take you up on your offer(or someone else willing) in case you're too backed up with orders. :tongue: Depending on how much a set will cost, including shipping. I'd like all nine, shipping to California...we'll see.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#40 The_Chosen_1

The_Chosen_1

• Keeps the ending secret

Member: 18398

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

I lived in the UK for several years, and would love to get my hands on a set of these!
Never tell me the odds!

#41 Jargo

Jargo

Member: 10639

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

There's huge PR for Team GB. It wouldn't surprise me if there's Lego minifigs as I fully expect a glut of merchandising supporting Team GB. Everything from replica sporting gear to hideous bone china tea sets. And in between stuff like teddy bears and dolls and yes, Lego minifigs.

I think they look great. Nine is a very odd number though. Why not a round ten? I note that there's no medals included. It would be nice if the medal from the swimming champ in series 7 came in gold silver and bronze with these. If they're available at a reasonable price I'd buy them all.

#42 Flipz

Flipz

• Treason didn't work for him

Member: 22657

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

Definitely want a set!  These are just too pretty to pass up, and I'm sure I'll find uses for these guys besides JUST display. :thumbup:

May be slightly depressed.
Posted Image & Posted Image
Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 33.75 Dragoon, 22-year-old male Human???  & Miirym, 0-year-old female Dragon hatchling in Sandy's Heroica RPG!
[STATS]

#43 muscleman

muscleman

Member: 11733

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

Really sad that will be only for UK, not it's not right for me! :((

#44 Mrlegoninja

Mrlegoninja

Member: 11901

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

I honestly hope these are real, but I'm leaning towards fake. why would they just release Nine when there are lots of olympic events? And I noticed that no new parts were seen in the pictures, save the torsos and legs. Someone could've just put decals on regular torsos to make new ones. Also, at the bottom, anyone notice that it doesn't say the exact date, but something like [2oo*]? And since when did LEGO ever release pictures like that, in front of a grey background. And the picture at the side doesn't exactly seem like something The LEGO Group ever do? Finally, it doesn't even seem like the logo at the top is the official Olympic Logo, which suggests that LEGO didn't partner with the official Olympics to produce these.

I'm sorry, but I'm calling fake on these. However, if they do turn out to be real, I give you permission to rub it in my face. :facepalm:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Murdered Day 8 as former Armed Forces member and Spider ward member Dudley Eisenhower in Def's Doctor Bloodbrick's Asylum.-Insane
Thank you Jebediahs for that great paper doll!

Died as Congressman Aide Maxwell Touns in Bob's Red Scare Mystery-Town

Died as Pub Owner Mrs. Le Goninja in Def's The Coming Darkness-Town

Died as Pet Store owner Jack Montgomery in Bob's Suburbia
Currently playing as the 40 year old teller Richard Sexton in Hinckley's Red Moon Two!

#45 TrumpetKing

TrumpetKing

• O type hirrobly

Member: 27420

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

Why can't this be in the U.S.?! :cry_sad: (insert sigh here), oh well. :hmpf_bad:

The Equestrian's Hairpiece looks new, is it?
Currently playing as Trevor Knowles, Nuclear Engineer in jamesn and Tamamono's Red Menace Mafia

Isaac - FabuGirl - Trisha - TrumpetKing67 - Diane - Li'l TrumpetKing - Twatty Tittlesteen - Usurper - Tristan Kingsley - Mercutio Robertson - Terrence Knox - Cohost - Tumi "Tumius Aximus" - Mercutio Robertson the Sequel - Tiffany Knightley -  Trevor Knowles

#46 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

cool. . . but it's too bad there UK exclusive.  Maybe there will be US exclusive?

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#47 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

Member: 26763

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostRJH, on 13 April 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

I can see an international LEGO Olympic contested coming soon ;)
I hope so! A chance to possibly win these for FREE would be great, but even better would be some of the ideas that could come out of it!

That reminds me, I need to get back to work on my CMF Series 6 entry!

Posted Image

#48 Drilll

Drilll

Member: 26454

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:00 AM

Just in case any of you still thought this was real.

:wink:

#49 Ceroknight

Ceroknight

• Straight Up Cero!

Member: 12949

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

Very cool!
But everyone seem to be asking the wrong question,
Where was this during the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics?! :sing:

Only way I can get these is through a Eurobricks contest/raffle :tongue:
Ceroknight
Posted Image Posted Image
Photo by Librarian-bot:His Fantastic Deviantart page
Brickset  Flickr

#50 andhe

andhe

Member: 19348

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

View PostDrilll, on 14 April 2012 - 04:00 AM, said:

What comments are you linking to? As I've been following that thread and this one and still can't make up my mind. Either my estimations of TLG have gone down, and their internal emails are poorly worded and sloppy, or this is an incredibly elaborate hoax.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users