viracocha

MOC: Russian winter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

We have a snowy winter here in Russia...

Once, many years ago, we had a street cleaner whose name was Ignatich. He was one of those people whose age is difficult to determine. He can be recognized from afar by a shaggy beard and mustache. He wore the same clothes in the winter and summer: cap with ear-flaps, striped vest, valenki and quilted jacket that never was buttoned up even in the dead of winter. Lacking education, he could argue long about world politics or tell you about the dialectic of Hegel and Kant, sitting in his back room and eating immutable "bullheads in a tomato sauce."

He was building ice-hills and often gave us candies when we were kids.

The MOC representing the moment while Ignatich has a break for a smoking. (not propaganda)

fine2d.jpg

fine2f.jpg

fine3.jpg

fine5.jpg

Now completely different people in a different uniform with neat labels "housing employee" on the back operate as street cleaners, but it's another story.

I hope that everything is clear with my English

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Thank you!

Also, the English is perfectly understandable. :)

I was afraid that while translating from Russian into English the specific atmosphere will be lost.

We have a snowy winter here in Russia...

Once, many years ago, we had a street cleaner whose name was Ignatich. He was one of those people whose age is difficult to determine. He can be recognized from afar by a shaggy beard and mustache. He wore the same clothes in the winter and summer: cap with ear-flaps, striped vest, valenki and quilted jacket that never was buttoned up even in the dead of winter. Lacking education, he could argue long about world politics or tell you about the dialectic of Hegel and Kant, sitting in his back room and eating immutable "bullheads in a tomato sauce."

He was building ice-hills and often gave us candies when we were kids.

The MOC representing the moment while Ignatich has a break for a smoking. (not propaganda)

Is this a real childhood memory? Either way, this is a great MOC with clever details.

Is this a real childhood memory? Either way, this is a great MOC with clever details.

This is my childhood memory although the details concerning the philosophic abilities of Ignatich were obtained from the conversations of the grownups.