Jump to content


Heroica RPG - Quest #28: The Breakthrough


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
686 replies to this topic

#301 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6498
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:20 AM

As the heroes return to the hall, they can see daylight beginning to stream through the windows. They pass by Room 2 and find the door opened and the troll girl they had seen earlier, standing outside it.

Posted Image


What would the Party like to do?

Edited by Waterbrick Down, 03 May 2012 - 07:20 AM.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric


#302 Zepher

Zepher

  • I can't control my tongue


    Posts: 11419
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

Boomingham, for all his insistence on saving her, is unable to talk to the troll woman.  He hangs back calmly, looking at the ground and clenching his jaw.  He looks like he is concentrating on the ground with a terrible intensity, a mix of anger and confusion, perplexed, all wasted on the floorboard.

Barty zips forward.  He looks the troll girl up and down in disgust.
  "Where has your master gone?  He must be punished," Barty demands.

Edited by Zepher, 03 May 2012 - 07:27 AM.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Nash Ash in Unrest in the Forest


#303 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6498
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

Posted Image
"Master? Is that what you think? I'm a free orc and [sob] just because I'm down on my luck right now, that doesn't make me some sort of floozy does it? [sob] I'm only trying to survive, I never saw that man before till last night and..."

The girl continues her sobbing.

Edited by Waterbrick Down, 03 May 2012 - 07:47 AM.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric


#304 Zepher

Zepher

  • I can't control my tongue


    Posts: 11419
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

"Disgusting," Barty mutters.  "Perhaps we should punish you.  Quit sniveling."

Boomingham skitters forward and grabs hold of Barty, shoving him in a pokcet.  He is terse with the troll.  "Does this room belong to you or him?  Where is he, to the best of your knowledge?"

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Nash Ash in Unrest in the Forest


#305 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6498
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

The girl abrubtly stops her sobbing at Boomingham's terse reply.

Posted Image
"The room was in his name, Natnail I think. I don't know where he is, he left this morning never said a word about where he was going, apparently he's a trader of some sorts back from an expedition."

The troll's eyes widen with recognition as she looks at Boomingham.

"You were the one that fought him last night weren't you? Such a dreadful rowe, Natnail was so furious when he came back in and he, he..."

The girl runs back into the room sobbing. She returns a moment later with a chicken leg in her hand, she gives the meat to Boomingham.

"Here, you must be famished from your valient attempts. No one has ever shown such kindness to me, please take this. Natnail had them delivered last night, "The most expensive gold could buy" he said before he... [sob]"

Posted Image Slightly less Magical Chicken Drumstick - Raises maximum health or ether by 2 when used.


Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric


#306 Jebediahs

Jebediahs

  • Eurobricks' house-Orc


    Posts: 2002
    Joined: 02-September 09
    Member: 7268
    Country: USA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

Nur yawned. He'd never enjoyed these missions that required him to stay up all night. The sorcerer also looked the girl up and down but unlike Barty, his look was not one of disgust. "Where might we find you should we require your...services at a later time?"

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Now playing as En Sabah Nur in Sandy's Heroica RPG.


#307 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6498
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Posted Image
"I'm not quite sure what you mean? I'd imagine I'll be somewhere on the streets tonight, Roland is going to be angry that Natnail didn't leave any valuables."

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric


#308 Scorpiox

Scorpiox

  • All Systems Go!


    Posts: 3831
    Joined: 04-March 11
    Member: 16378
    Country: Great Britain

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

"Is there anything you require, Miss? If the thug has been hurting you, I can provide medical help. Although it seems that Nur would rather see to that. If you need gold to start anew, I can help provide." Haldor attempts to help the girl, while not trying not to laugh at the look on Nur's face.

Haldor Skovgaard in Sandy's Heroica RPG.
[STATS] and [PROFILE]


#309 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6498
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

Posted Image
"No, I'll be [sniff] all right, you should all probably go, thank you all for your concern especially you sir knight." The girl stepped forward to give Boomingham a kiss, but thinking better of it turned away and continued down the hall. She looked over her shoulder as whe went giving the Party one last brief smile, a glimmer of hope on her tear stained face.

What would the Party like to do?

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric


#310 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21730
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

"I think we're done here, right? Where to, next? I'm leaning towards Sem's."

#311 Jebediahs

Jebediahs

  • Eurobricks' house-Orc


    Posts: 2002
    Joined: 02-September 09
    Member: 7268
    Country: USA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

En Saban Nur eerily watched the orc lass leave. "Sem's so soon? It's always about business with you, Docken." He put an arm around the leader's shoulder as they walked down the hall. "Let us check out the archery competition. You're sure to win that fat purse and I'm sure I can find a sap to bet against you." Copper Fox's rogue training was starting to get to the earth mage's head. Instead of progressing forward into a true hero, Nur was slowly traveling back into a greedy bandit. Or was he just an opportunist?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Now playing as En Sabah Nur in Sandy's Heroica RPG.


#312 Scorpiox

Scorpiox

  • All Systems Go!


    Posts: 3831
    Joined: 04-March 11
    Member: 16378
    Country: Great Britain

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

"Aye, why don't we have a look at the arrow-flinging competition before we head anywhere else? She seemed quite taken with you Lawrence, maybe you should go after her." Haldor walks forward with En Sabeh Nur and Bartholemew, but suddenly he feels an intense pain in his mind, enough to make him realise it wasn't just a random ache. Haldor stumbled and nearly fell, but tensed himself, and the feeling was dispelled, it was as though something was trying to get inside his head...

Haldor Skovgaard in Sandy's Heroica RPG.
[STATS] and [PROFILE]


#313 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21730
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

"I don't believe we were given a time limit, so I suppose it couldn't hurt."

#314 Jebediahs

Jebediahs

  • Eurobricks' house-Orc


    Posts: 2002
    Joined: 02-September 09
    Member: 7268
    Country: USA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

En Sabah Nur ducked into a corner away from the party and took stock of his inventory. He eyed the Aquamarine Lamp of Summoning. Nur shook it then lifted the spout to eye level. He peered inside and saw nothing. The minor gem adorning the lid refused to be removed. "Hmph. It belonged to that hydromancer, it must do something!" Nur shrugged in defeat, pocketed the lamp and returned to his questmates.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Now playing as En Sabah Nur in Sandy's Heroica RPG.


#315 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6498
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

View PostJebediahs, on 04 May 2012 - 01:48 AM, said:

En Sabah Nur ducked into a corner away from the party and took stock of his inventory. He eyed the Aquamarine Lamp of Summoning. Nur shook it then lifted the spout to eye level. He peered inside and saw nothing. The minor gem adorning the lid refused to be removed. "Hmph. It belonged to that hydromancer, it must do something!" Nur shrugged in defeat, pocketed the lamp and returned to his questmates.
Nur inspects the lamp but only discovers some tiny print on the bottom. Utilizing his magnifying lens he reads "Instructions: To summon Jinn please hold lamp at eye level and rub lamp side in a clockwise circular motion. Results not guaranteed, utilize in battle circumstances only. MADE IN ENNON

The party continues down the staris. They are greeted by the werehound brothers and Brother Silent who is breakfasting.

Posted Image
"I didn't figure you chaps would spend the night. You off for the day then, doing your heroing work? Hey are you going to be heading off to the archery contest?"

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric


#316 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21730
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:31 AM

"I think we'll check out that archery contest. The Voice in the Sky is giving us the option, so maybe there will be an important NPC there. Could you point us in the right direction?"

#317 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6498
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

No important NPC's just an option that may effect other things.

Posted Image
"The tournament is being held just north of the city wall, you can't miss it, the Hinckwell's have got plenty of banners and all sorts of stuff setup. If you do go, would you mind looking for our companion Raphael, he a halfling druid, he shouldn't be hard to miss, tell him where we're staying as he probably spent the whole night watching the flaming target shooting. Oh and if you run into that Roland fellow that was here at the bar last evening, give him a whack for me. That blackguardard scammed 50 gold off of me and Igmund here for some "finer accommodationions". We saw him last night outside the window handing over the money to some rather seedy individuals wearing tunics bearing the mark of a wolf's head."

Edited by Waterbrick Down, 04 May 2012 - 04:40 AM.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric


#318 Zepher

Zepher

  • I can't control my tongue


    Posts: 11419
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:51 AM

"I'm going to have a really wonderful standing with them when all is said and done," grumbles Boomingham.  He knaws on the chicken until it is only bone (+2 health) and then tosses it out the open window.  "Let's get going.  I want to see the arrows fly.  I haven't been to a good ol' fair in far too long.  That chicken was salty and delicious... could I get a beer to go?"

Barty zips around, still agitated from their encounters on the floor above.  Boomingham seems to be putting little thought into the maiden who's affection he had won so easily.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Nash Ash in Unrest in the Forest


#319 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21730
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:00 AM

I lead the party to the archery tournament.

#320 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6498
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:21 AM

Boomingham consumes the chicken leg as the rest of the Party head north to the archery tournament.

Posted Image
Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 16.5 Paladin (Zepher)
Power: 27 (+3)
Health: 30/32(-6,+2)
Ether: 16/16
Gold: 7 (Owes 50 to Jess)
Inventory: King of the Desert (Longsword) (WP: 9, Fire Darkness), Frozen Saber (WP: 9, stunned effect, Light) Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), Thorny Diadem (+3 to power, but -6 to maximum health) 3 Potions, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 2 Holy bombs, 2 Meads, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Jo-no Tree seed, 1 Venom, 1 Grand Tonic

The heroes easily spot the contest, the grounds being literally covered with flags bearing the Hinckwell colors. Archers and townsfolk alike mingle around the green. Cheering can be heard in one section, booing in another, and all around are the smells of waxed bowstrings, freshly braised meat, stout beers, and a myriad of other things to subtle to name. The party approach what seems to be a registration table, behind which a man in a dark cloak greets them.

Posted Image


Posted Image
"Ah heroes, this is quite a treat. What brings you to this little contest of ours my good sirs, madam?"

What would the Party like to do?

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric


#321 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21730
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:37 AM

"Good day, sir. I am Bartholomew Docken, and my fellow heroes are Miss Jess Islanti, Master Haldor Skovgaard, Master En Sabah Nur, and Lord Lawrence Boomingham. We'd like to know what competitions you have planned and what prizes are being offered."

I turn to the shorter man.
"Excuse me, are you Master Raphael, a Druid?"

#322 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6498
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

Posted Image
"Yes my child, I am he. What may I do for one of the watchers of the woods?"

Posted Image
"Good to meet you all, my name is Lyflin Hinckwell, a distant cousin of the esteemed head of the Hinckwell family. Today is the long-shot competition. The archers will be paired off and the best of three shots will advance to the next round. Entry is 20 Gold, but the winner secures a purse of 120 gold as well as their choice of either a white, red, or blue Marksman's hat."

Posted Image White Marksman's Hat - There is a 1/6 chance that the wearer’s strikes will instantly kill an opponent Flying Monster, unless it is immune to sudden death. Headware, suitable for any class.

Posted Image Red Marksman's Hat - There is a 1/6 chance that the wearer’s strikes will instantly kill an opponent Fiery Monster, unless it is immune to sudden death. Headware, suitable for any class.

Posted Image Blue Marksman's Hat - There is a 1/6 chance that the wearer’s strikes will instantly kill an opponent Aquatic Monster, unless it is immune to sudden death. Headware, suitable for any class.[/indent]

Don't worry if ya don't have a ranged weapon, we'd be happy to provide ya with one from the stock equipment."

QM Note: The archery tournament will be conducted thusly, a die will be rolled 3 times and the total summed up as the final score.

Shield: Bull's-eye, 3 points
Critical Hit: Cut paper, 2 points
Hit: Hit target, 1 point (2 points for Rangers or Ranger advanced classes)
Miss: Missed target, 0 points (1 point for Rangers or Ranger advanced classes)
Damage/Special Damage: Missed target, 0 points

The tournament will be done in a single elimination style, with the first round pairing each hero against a famed archer of Uland. There will be a buy system implemented if necessary giving preference to those who score highest in the first round.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric


#323 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21730
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

View PostWaterbrick Down, on 04 May 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

Posted Image
"Yes my child, I am he. What may I do for one of the watchers of the woods?"
"An elven monk named Brother Silent asked us to tell you that he was staying at the Winking Gargoyle."

View PostWaterbrick Down, on 04 May 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

Posted Image
"Good to meet you all, my name is Lyflin Hinckwell, a distant cousin of the esteemed head of the Hinckwell family. Today is the long-shot competition. The archers will be paired off and the best of three shots will advance to the next round. Entry is 20 Gold, but the winner secures a purse of 120 gold as well as their choice of either a white, red, or blue Marksman's hat."
"Artifacts? I'm always interested in those. Very well, Master Hinckwell."

I hand Lyflin 20 Gold.

#324 Jebediahs

Jebediahs

  • Eurobricks' house-Orc


    Posts: 2002
    Joined: 02-September 09
    Member: 7268
    Country: USA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:35 AM

"I am in as well. Let us help Docken get one of those fancy hats by taking out some of the lesser skilled contestants. We don't need you unneccesarily risking an injury to your string hand on archers you'd beat easily with your good eye closed." Nur hands over 20 gold for the entry fee.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Now playing as En Sabah Nur in Sandy's Heroica RPG.


#325 Zepher

Zepher

  • I can't control my tongue


    Posts: 11419
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

Boomingham whistles a merry tune as he turns all his pockets inside out.  7 measly gold coins fall to the ground.  Barty quickly collects them.

"No can do, sorry.  I'll go work the crowd.  Might as well do some work while we're here."

Boomingham walks through the crowd looking for anyone worth talking to.  He also, perhaps a little more diligently, searched for anyone willing to bet on the contest.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Nash Ash in Unrest in the Forest





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users