Jump to content


Heroica RPG - Quest #28: The Breakthrough


  • Please log in to reply
686 replies to this topic

#26 Jebediahs

Jebediahs

  • Eurobricks' house-Orc


    Posts: 1986
    Joined: 02-September 09
    Member: 7268
    Country: USA

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostZepher, on 14 April 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

its very Boomingham to go ahead and charge in to a fire.

View PostWaterbrick Down, on 14 April 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

Boomingham rushes forward sword raised.
OoC: This is what I was waiting for.

Nur winced as the fire raged. "Those who have weapons imbued with the fiery element will want to focus their attentions on the repositories. Everyone else can follow your plan to dismantle the tanks with haste."

Not wanting to take any chances losing this marvel of technology, Nur consumed a vial of Smelling Salts. The world around him appeared to slow. The flames' dance became sluggish and his comrades' movements reduced to a crawl as the sorcerer sped up.

"Ihopeyou'reabletoremovethesandfromyourmachine,Szalinski." En Sabah Nur manipulated the soil he summoned and combined it with the surrounding dust. He directed his earth spell at the Flaming Storage Tanks from the back row hoping to smother the fire.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Now playing as En Sabah Nur in Sandy's Heroica RPG.


#27 Zepher

Zepher

  • I can't control my tongue


    Posts: 11334
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

"I'll happily take that gem out of its place.  I think we've got time.  Once in the war I took a lone mage, before I knew they were not to be trusted on the large part, sorry Nur, and we waited in ambush for the Orcs to come running along.  They passed under a rocky outcrop that we were going to make collapse onto them with a rock, we had one chance to get them, and if we didn't hit them at EXACTLY the right moment the survivors would get us.  We did it.  Mind you, Fireize was scum of the earth, but his shot was good.  Still should have wrung his ne-"  One of Boomingham's sleeves has caught fire.  Barty whisks forward and seriously pats it out while screaming at him.

"For the love of Ennoc, Lawrence, attack!  Blathering old blathering fool."

Boomingham attacks the Repository Left from the front row.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Nash Ash in Unrest in the Forest


#28 Sisco

Sisco

  • Golden Amusement Park


    Posts: 2311
    Joined: 25-November 09
    Member: 8341
    Country: United States

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

"Ooh.  Well those things look nasty.  I'll use my new skills and attack the Repository Left from the Front Row."
Heroica Stats
Won as the Sithy Sith Ili Seosty in K-Nut's and MB's Jedi Temple Mafia.
Won as the Dark One Craig Otoko In Def's The Coming Darkness.
Won
as the only survivor (loyal) Amy Leeds in Village of the Bloody Damned.
Died as Einherjar Sigrid in TinyPie's Ragnarok Now Redux.
Died as Servant of Loki Sigmund in TinyPies' Ragnarok Now Mafia.
Died as Loyal Townie happy-go-lucky firefighter Craig Boy in Eurodina Mafia.
Died loyal in PoP Mafia Game.
Died as Alex Jordan in Bob's Suburbia.
Survived 'till the end but still mourns his wife, Valerie as Ralph Jenkins in Red Scare Mystery.
Wanna know more about me? Check out my Profile!

#29 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6398
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

Results of Round One of the Battle of the Crazy Contraption:
>Bartholomew Docken vs. Flaming Storage Tanks - Special Damage
Lord Lawrence Boomingham vs. Receptacle Left - Damage
En Sabah Nur consumes Smelling Salts
>En Sabah Nur vs. Flaming Storage Tanks - Mirror Damage Mirror Damage
Jess Islanti vs. Receptacle Left - Hit (No Assassination)
Haldor Skovgaard vs. Flaming Storage Tanks - Meditate

Right Repository free hit vs. Bartholomew Docken

As the heroes approach the blazing machine the flames roar scorching Docken, fortunately he is able to shield himself from the majority of the fire taking only 1 damage. Boomingham, sword raised is blown backward as lightning from the left receptical surges forward attracted by his shield dealing him 6 damage. Nur quickly downs a Smelling Salts and attempts an earthen spell at the storage tanks but is beaten back and scorched by the flames for 5 damage, his wards however quickly come to his rescue as a miniature dust devil collides with the tanks lowering the level of the flames. Jess runs in avoiding the lightning strikes with great agility and slices a chunk out of the left receptacle. Haldor takes the opportunity to meditate although he already has full ether. The fire continues to burn and the Party has 1 more round to dismantle the flaming storage tanks before they burst. Lightning struck out at Docken from the right repository but his mytheralized shield blocked most of it.

The Enemies:

Posted ImageFlaming Storage Tanks - "..."
Type: Mechanic, Fiery
Level: 14
Health: 145/150
Defense: 0
Special: Raging Blaze: Does damage equal to the level of the attacker rounded up.
Drop: Ether Core

Posted ImageRepository Left - "..."
Type: Mechanic, Electric
Level: 12
Health: 24/50
Defense: 0
Special: Lightning Shock: Causes 5 damage to each Party member regardless of SP or row and Stuns the attacker for the next turn.
Drop: Sapphire

Posted ImageRepository Right - "..."
Type: Mechanic, Electric
Level: 12
Health: 50/50
Defense: 0
Special: Lightning Shock: Causes 5 damage to each Party member regardless of SP or row and Stuns the attacker for the next turn.
Drop: Crystal Ball

The Party:

Posted Image
Bartholomew Docken, Level 20.33 Warden (Brick Doctor) *Party Leader* *Scary*
Power: 29
Health: 37/39
Defense: 15
Gold: 18 (50 Gold loaned to Arthur Justus Regulus VII [Flipz])
Inventory: Briar Bow (WP: 9; Wood Elemental), Mockthril Longbow (WP: 5), Mythril Shield (SP: 15), Dread Hat (enemies lower than half of wearer's Level won't attack directly), Bedroll, Mead, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Potions (5)

Posted Image
Haldor Skovgaard, Level 16.5 Shaman (Scorpiox)
Power: 29,
Health: 33/33
Ether: 24/24
Gold: 126
Inventory: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12), Lesser Ethereal Cloak (SP:+1, +3 Ether), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity)
Spike Coller (+1 power), Diamond of Thoric (Light Elemental), Frying Pan (WP:1+1 health), Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion (x2), Remedy, Tonic, Mead, Venom, Phoenix Essence, and a fur-lined Bedroll, Scroll of Blindness

Posted Image
Jess Islanti, Level 16.5 Assassin (Sisco)
Power: 26 (+2)
Health: 27/27(+1)
Gold: 238
Inventory: Blohdhurm (WP: 9)(Fire elemental), Mercutio's Dagger of Mugging (WP:5, Mug Ability +5), 2 Venoms, Mead, Smelling Salts, 2 Remedies

Posted Image
Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 15.5 Paladin (Zepher)
Power: 27 (+3)
Health: 22/29 (-6)
Ether: 16/16
Gold: 5
Inventory: King of the Desert (Longsword) (WP: 9, Fire Darkness), Frozen Saber (WP: 9, stunned effect, Light) Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), Thorny Diadem (+3 to power, but -6 to maximum health) 3 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 2 Holy bombs, 2 Meads, 1 Nostrum, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Jo-no Tree seed

Posted Image
En Sabah Nur, Level 15.5 Sorcerer (Jebediahs) *Lucky* *Hastened*
Power: 27
Health: 19/24 (23+1)
Ether: 20/20
Gold: 22
Equipped:  
Inventory: Stealth Dagger (WP: 12), Helmet (+1 HP), Loaded Die (Lucky effect),Garnet Gem (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), En, Sabah, Nur (Shurikens 3/3, WP: 5), 4 Potions, Grand Tonic, 3 Phoenix Essence, 2 Smelling Salts, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Sangriste Dagger (WP: 5)

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

QM Note: The repositories will be deactivated upon the dismantling of the tanks; the Party will not receive the drops from them if this occurs. Also note that if the tanks are not dismantled in 1 round they will explode KO’ing the party (this will not result in the failure of the quest).

Edited by Waterbrick Down, 15 April 2012 - 07:30 AM.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric


#30 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21605
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

OoC: I should've taken a Free Hit from the Right Repository.

"Okay, let's get one hero on that Left Repository; everyone else targets the tanks."

Order of Actions:
  • Bartholomew Docken
  • Lord Lawrence Boomingham
  • En Sabah Nur
  • Jess Islanti
  • Haldor Skovgaard
Blocking the flames with my shield, I reload my Briar Bow and attack the Flaming Storage Tanks from the Back Row.

#31 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6398
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 15 April 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

OoC: I should've taken a Free Hit from the Right Repository.
Thanks fixed.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric


#32 Scorpiox

Scorpiox

  • All Systems Go!


    Posts: 3830
    Joined: 04-March 11
    Member: 16378
    Country: Great Britain

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

What was he doing? Haldor swung his weapon at the storage tanks from the front row. This time he would hit them.

Haldor Skovgaard in Sandy's Heroica RPG.
[STATS] and [PROFILE]


#33 Jebediahs

Jebediahs

  • Eurobricks' house-Orc


    Posts: 1986
    Joined: 02-September 09
    Member: 7268
    Country: USA

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

The excessive heat made it hard for Nur to concentrate. He'd have to ask Haldor about that battle relaxation technique he uses. His elf was handling herself nicely though. In his limited experience with the race, elves always performed well in combat. Except for that time on the island when one shot him in the back...

The machine was engulfed in flame but Nur made a final attempt at defeating the fire by casting two earth spells at the Flaming Storage Tanks from the back row.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Now playing as En Sabah Nur in Sandy's Heroica RPG.


#34 Zepher

Zepher

  • I can't control my tongue


    Posts: 11334
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

"Well, that was a shock," grumbles Boomingham.  "I'll leave that bad boy to you, Jess, you seem to be having better luck with it then I.  This could get nasty pretty quick.  Ah well, onwards and upwards."  Boomingham attacks the Flaming Storage Tanks with his Frozen Saber from the front row.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Nash Ash in Unrest in the Forest


#35 Sisco

Sisco

  • Golden Amusement Park


    Posts: 2311
    Joined: 25-November 09
    Member: 8341
    Country: United States

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

"Alright Boomingham, I'll keep at the bugger.  I'll attack the Left Repository from the Front Row."
Heroica Stats
Won as the Sithy Sith Ili Seosty in K-Nut's and MB's Jedi Temple Mafia.
Won as the Dark One Craig Otoko In Def's The Coming Darkness.
Won
as the only survivor (loyal) Amy Leeds in Village of the Bloody Damned.
Died as Einherjar Sigrid in TinyPie's Ragnarok Now Redux.
Died as Servant of Loki Sigmund in TinyPies' Ragnarok Now Mafia.
Died as Loyal Townie happy-go-lucky firefighter Craig Boy in Eurodina Mafia.
Died loyal in PoP Mafia Game.
Died as Alex Jordan in Bob's Suburbia.
Survived 'till the end but still mourns his wife, Valerie as Ralph Jenkins in Red Scare Mystery.
Wanna know more about me? Check out my Profile!

#36 Scorpiox

Scorpiox

  • All Systems Go!


    Posts: 3830
    Joined: 04-March 11
    Member: 16378
    Country: Great Britain

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

Folks say 'fight fire with fire', but what is the point in hitting something that is already on fire with yet more fire? Every self-respecting person with half a brain knows that fire enemies have a resistance to fire attacks. Those guys obviously had no idea what they were on about. 'Fight fire with another elemental attack, preferably water, or if that is not available then attack with a non-elemental strike.' would be more accuarate and helpful to those who find themselves against a fire enemy. Huh, enough of that.

"Jess! You seem to be hitting quite hard lately, have you embarked on any further training at all?"

Haldor's conscience reminded him that now was not the time for idle chatter, so he resumed kicking the storage tanks, violently.

Haldor Skovgaard in Sandy's Heroica RPG.
[STATS] and [PROFILE]


#37 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6398
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Results of Round Two of the Battle of the Crazy Contraption:
>Bartholomew Docken vs. Flaming Storage Tanks - Aim
Lord Lawrence Boomingham vs. Flaming Storage Tanks - Special Guard
>En Sabah Nur vs. Flaming Storage Tanks - Magnetic Mojo Mirror Damage
>En Sabah Nur vs. Flaming Storage Tanks - Hit Special Damage
Jess Islanti vs. Receptacle Left - Special Damage
Haldor Skovgaard vs. Flaming Storage Tanks - Blood Ritual to Lord Lawrence Boomingham

Right Repository free hit vs. Bartholomew Docken

Docken as cool as a cucumber in the blazing heat, draws back a shot on his Briar Bow but his aim only manages to clip part of the storage tanks. Boomingham tries assaulting the storage tanks this time but is also beaten back by the flames which scorch him badly. Nur unleashes a shattering earth spell as a miniature earthquake shakes the foundations of the building. To his surprise gold (38) dislodges itself from the machine which Nur quickly scoops up and deposits into his pocket. Nur then throws an earthen shard at the blazing inferno that temporarily lessens the flames. Jess confident she can snatch the sapphire from its resting place, momentarily loses her concentration as a flurry of lightning strikes surge forth shocking each member of the party. Haldor watches as Boomingham is slowed from the constant beating of the flames and now the lightning strike. Channeling the power of Thoric, Haldor miraculously transfers energy from the flaming storage tanks directly to Boomingham restoring him to full health. Lightning from the right receptacle once again strikes Docken but only proving to be a minor annoyance compared to the raging fire and the storage tanks that are on the verge of explosion.

The Battle is Lost.

The Enemies:

Posted ImageFlaming Storage Tanks - "..."
Type: Mechanic, Fiery
Level: 14
Health: 52/150
Defense: 0
Special: Raging Blaze: Does damage equal to the level of the attacker rounded up.
Drop: Ether Core

Posted ImageRepository Left - "..."
Type: Mechanic, Electric
Level: 12
Health: 24/50
Defense: 0
Special: Lightning Shock: Causes 5 damage to each Party member regardless of SP or row and Stuns the attacker for the next turn.
Drop: Sapphire

Posted ImageRepository Right - "..."
Type: Mechanic, Electric
Level: 12
Health: 50/50
Defense: 0
Special: Lightning Shock: Causes 5 damage to each Party member regardless of SP or row and Stuns the attacker for the next turn.
Drop: Crystal Ball

The Party:

Posted Image
Bartholomew Docken, Level 20.33 Warden (Brick Doctor) *Party Leader* *Scary*
Power: 29
Health: 31/39
Defense: 15
Gold: 18 (50 Gold loaned to Arthur Justus Regulus VII [Flipz])
Inventory: Briar Bow (WP: 9; Wood Elemental), Mockthril Longbow (WP: 5), Mythril Shield (SP: 15), Dread Hat (enemies lower than half of wearer's Level won't attack directly), Bedroll, Mead, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Potions (5)

Posted Image
Haldor Skovgaard, Level 16.5 Shaman (Scorpiox)
Power: 29,
Health: 28/33
Ether: 24/24
Gold: 126
Inventory: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12), Lesser Ethereal Cloak (SP:+1, +3 Ether), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity)
Spike Coller (+1 power), Diamond of Thoric (Light Elemental), Frying Pan (WP:1+1 health), Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion (x2), Remedy, Tonic, Mead, Venom, Phoenix Essence, and a fur-lined Bedroll, Scroll of Blindness

Posted Image
Jess Islanti, Level 16.5 Assassin (Sisco) *Stunned*
Power: 26 (+2)
Health: 22/27(+1)
Gold: 238
Inventory: Blohdhurm (WP: 9)(Fire elemental), Mercutio's Dagger of Mugging (WP:5, Mug Ability +5), 2 Venoms, Mead, Smelling Salts, 2 Remedies

Posted Image
Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 15.5 Paladin (Zepher)
Power: 27 (+3)
Health: 29/29 (-6)
Ether: 16/16
Gold: 5
Inventory: King of the Desert (Longsword) (WP: 9, Fire Darkness), Frozen Saber (WP: 9, stunned effect, Light) Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), Thorny Diadem (+3 to power, but -6 to maximum health) 3 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 2 Holy bombs, 2 Meads, 1 Nostrum, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Jo-no Tree seed

Posted Image
En Sabah Nur, Level 15.5 Sorcerer (Jebediahs) *Lucky* *Hastened*
Power: 27
Health: 14/24 (23+1)
Ether: 20/20
Gold: 60
Equipped:  
Inventory: Stealth Dagger (WP: 12), Helmet (+1 HP), Loaded Die (Lucky effect),Garnet Gem (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), En, Sabah, Nur (Shurikens 3/3, WP: 5), 4 Potions, Grand Tonic, 3 Phoenix Essence, 1 Smelling Salts, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Sangriste Dagger (WP: 5)


The flames resurge burning higher and higher. Even with the hole punctured in it the pressure within the storage tanks cannot escape fast enough due to the increasing temperature and the barrels explode knocking out the entire party. Szalinski is thrown half way across the hall landing in a heap. Members of the Town Watch enter with buckets and are assisted by a few hydromancers that quickly put out the fire before the entire building is burned down. The heroes slowly gain their feet caughing from exhaustion and utterly exhausted. They are greeted by a rather unhappy individual who is apparently from the Town Watch.

Posted Image
"Well I hope your all recovering nicely because you have left me with quite a mess to clean up. But that ain't important right now. The higher ups sent me here to look into this event, witnesses tell me that Szalinski was doing just fine during his trial runs and we have reason to believe that this was no accident. Now whether we're looking at some sort of personal vendetta, assassination, or just plain corporate sabotage I have no idea. Szalinski's being treated by a couple of clerics right now, took some pretty bad burns to the face, while he's recovering I want you to look into some of his sponsors for me. See if there's someone who might have had something to gain from this disaster. Most of them were here earlier but have probably headed home by now and I don't blame them." The Town Watch lieutenant hands the party a list of names and addresses.

Quote

Gurnam the Fishmonger: Working in the Eubric Fish market
Balthazar Blue Hood: Consultant living in the Warehouse District
Reginald Swisshopper: Owner of Swisshopper Cloaks and Fineries across from the Hanging Gardens
Tarnash Swifthorn: Manager of Sem's Sensible Investments next to the Academy of Enlightenment
Doctors Fahad and Falish Jiivni: Staying at the Inn of the Winking Gargoyle next to the Cemetery

The lieutenant turns back to the party. "Get me statements from each one of them. I'll probably be here for the next few days trying to figure out who did it and how it was done from this end with Szalinski once he recovers."

The Party:

Posted Image
Bartholomew Docken, Level 20.33 Warden (Brick Doctor) *Party Leader* *Scary*
Power: 29
Health: 1/39
Defense: 15
Gold: 18 (50 Gold loaned to Arthur Justus Regulus VII [Flipz])
Inventory: Briar Bow (WP: 9; Wood Elemental), Mockthril Longbow (WP: 5), Mythril Shield (SP: 15), Dread Hat (enemies lower than half of wearer's Level won't attack directly), Bedroll, Mead, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Potions (5)

Posted Image
Haldor Skovgaard, Level 16.5 Shaman (Scorpiox)
Power: 29,
Health: 9/33
Ether: 24/24
Gold: 126
Inventory: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12), Lesser Ethereal Cloak (SP:+1, +3 Ether), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity)
Spike Coller (+1 power), Diamond of Thoric (Light Elemental), Frying Pan (WP:1+1 health), Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion (x2), Remedy, Tonic, Mead, Venom, Phoenix Essence, and a fur-lined Bedroll, Scroll of Blindness

Posted Image
Jess Islanti, Level 16.5 Assassin (Sisco)
Power: 26 (+2)
Health: 1/27(+1)
Gold: 238
Inventory: Blohdhurm (WP: 9)(Fire elemental), Mercutio's Dagger of Mugging (WP:5, Mug Ability +5), 2 Venoms, Mead, Smelling Salts, 2 Remedies

Posted Image
Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 15.5 Paladin (Zepher)
Power: 27 (+3)
Health: 1/29 (-6)
Ether: 16/16
Gold: 5
Inventory: King of the Desert (Longsword) (WP: 9, Fire Darkness), Frozen Saber (WP: 9, stunned effect, Light) Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), Thorny Diadem (+3 to power, but -6 to maximum health) 3 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 2 Holy bombs, 2 Meads, 1 Nostrum, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Jo-no Tree seed

Posted Image
En Sabah Nur, Level 15.5 Sorcerer (Jebediahs) *Lucky*
Power: 27
Health: 1/24 (23+1)
Ether: 20/20
Gold: 60
Equipped:  
Inventory: Stealth Dagger (WP: 12), Helmet (+1 HP), Loaded Die (Lucky effect),Garnet Gem (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), En, Sabah, Nur (Shurikens 3/3, WP: 5), 4 Potions, Grand Tonic, 3 Phoenix Essence, 1 Smelling Salts, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Sangriste Dagger (WP: 5)


What will the Party do?

Edited by Waterbrick Down, 15 April 2012 - 08:25 PM.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric


#38 Scorpiox

Scorpiox

  • All Systems Go!


    Posts: 3830
    Joined: 04-March 11
    Member: 16378
    Country: Great Britain

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

"Grgh, my head. That went well. It is remarkable how difficult some machinery is to break. I do hope Mr Szalinski is alright. For a start, I'll patch you all up. Haldor helps Jess to her feet, stands and channels his energy to heal Bartholemew, Jess, Boomingham, Nur and himself, for one ether each.Where abouts are we now? I suggest we start with meeting the closest suspect. Anyone who would want to hurt a poor gnome can't be a good sort of person."

Edited by Scorpiox, 15 April 2012 - 08:21 PM.

Haldor Skovgaard in Sandy's Heroica RPG.
[STATS] and [PROFILE]


#39 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6398
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

The Party:

Posted Image
Bartholomew Docken, Level 20.33 Warden (Brick Doctor) *Party Leader* *Scary*
Power: 29
Health: 39/39
Defense: 15
Gold: 18 (50 Gold loaned to Arthur Justus Regulus VII [Flipz])
Inventory: Briar Bow (WP: 9; Wood Elemental), Mockthril Longbow (WP: 5), Mythril Shield (SP: 15), Dread Hat (enemies lower than half of wearer's Level won't attack directly), Bedroll, Mead, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Potions (5)

Posted Image
Haldor Skovgaard, Level 16.5 Shaman (Scorpiox)
Power: 29,
Health: 33/33
Ether: 19/24
Gold: 126
Inventory: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12), Lesser Ethereal Cloak (SP:+1, +3 Ether), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity)
Spike Coller (+1 power), Diamond of Thoric (Light Elemental), Frying Pan (WP:1+1 health), Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion (x2), Remedy, Tonic, Mead, Venom, Phoenix Essence, and a fur-lined Bedroll, Scroll of Blindness

Posted Image
Jess Islanti, Level 16.5 Assassin (Sisco)
Power: 26 (+2)
Health: 27/27(+1)
Gold: 238
Inventory: Blohdhurm (WP: 9)(Fire elemental), Mercutio's Dagger of Mugging (WP:5, Mug Ability +5), 2 Venoms, Mead, Smelling Salts, 2 Remedies

Posted Image
Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 15.5 Paladin (Zepher)
Power: 27 (+3)
Health: 29/29 (-6)
Ether: 16/16
Gold: 5
Inventory: King of the Desert (Longsword) (WP: 9, Fire Darkness), Frozen Saber (WP: 9, stunned effect, Light) Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), Thorny Diadem (+3 to power, but -6 to maximum health) 3 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 2 Holy bombs, 2 Meads, 1 Nostrum, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Jo-no Tree seed

Posted Image
En Sabah Nur, Level 15.5 Sorcerer (Jebediahs) *Lucky*
Power: 27
Health: 24/24 (23+1)
Ether: 20/20
Gold: 60
Equipped:  
Inventory: Stealth Dagger (WP: 12), Helmet (+1 HP), Loaded Die (Lucky effect),Garnet Gem (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), En, Sabah, Nur (Shurikens 3/3, WP: 5), 4 Potions, Grand Tonic, 3 Phoenix Essence, 1 Smelling Salts, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Sangriste Dagger (WP: 5)


Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric


#40 Zepher

Zepher

  • I can't control my tongue


    Posts: 11334
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

"Well, wasn't that nasty?  I want to go after Blue Hood first."

Boomingham realizes that in all honesty, beyond the hall, the market, and his inn, he hasn't seen all that much of Eubric.  He visited the Warehouse district only once, and it's the only other place he knows.

Now that the fire is out, he assesses his fellow party members.  Nur is a decent man, as far as Boomingham can tell.  He seems smart and he sold Boomingham the diadem that he now has snuggled under his helmet.  Haldor too is a famaliar and friendly face.  Barty has clearly already taken a liking to him, and whizzes around his head.  Boomingham has noticed that Barty seems to take to strong noble looking men.  His disappointment in being saddled with Boomingham was not lost on Boomingham.  He figured it was just a misunderstanding.

Jess was another old friend, one of his first from the hall.  Boomingham hadn't quested with her yet.  He was excited to see what she had.

Finally, Docken rounded out the party.  He seemed cool under fire, and his shield was a work of art.  This was someone who may end up an ally of Boomingham.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Nash Ash in Unrest in the Forest


#41 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21605
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

I struggle to my knees, bending over as Haldor restores my Health and the throbbing in my head slowly ceases. I retrieve my bow, which, luckily, appears to have been protected by my now-blackened but otherwise perfectly functional shield.

"Thanks, Master Skovgaard.

"MegaBloks. So, it was sabotage? I suppose that means we'll have to visit each of these suspects. Where do you guys want to go first? I was thinking Master Swifthorn, since it appears that he deals with Gold, and to me seems more likely to sabotage a scientific demonstration than a fishmonger, consultant, tailor, or doctor. Master Blue Hood would be my second choice."

#42 Scorpiox

Scorpiox

  • All Systems Go!


    Posts: 3830
    Joined: 04-March 11
    Member: 16378
    Country: Great Britain

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

"Aye, let us set after Swifthorn, to the Academy of Enlightenment it is. Is everybody set? Haldor takes the arm of Jess and prepares to head out. Haldor was curious to meet this Mister Swifthorn, and it would take a good judge of character and evidence to evaluate if he could or would have wanted to hurt Szalinski. Maybe Thoric could guide Haldor in judgement.

Haldor Skovgaard in Sandy's Heroica RPG.
[STATS] and [PROFILE]


#43 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6398
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

QM Note: There are currently 2 votes for either Sem's investments or Balthazar's residence. I will go with either the majority vote or a definite decision from the Party Leader.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric


#44 Jebediahs

Jebediahs

  • Eurobricks' house-Orc


    Posts: 1986
    Joined: 02-September 09
    Member: 7268
    Country: USA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

"I wish to visit Swisshopper. My cloak is a bit tattered." Nur looked up from his cape at his staring companions. " Did I say that aloud? *cough*I'd prefer to stay away from the Academy for as long as possible in favor of visiting the Blue Hood."

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Now playing as En Sabah Nur in Sandy's Heroica RPG.


#45 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6398
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

QM Note: Since at least 3 of you have expressed interest in going to Balthazar's as your first or second choice, I'm going to move the quest along then.

The Party makes their way to the warehouse district, attaining directions from a passerby they arrive outside Balthazar Bluehood's residence.

Posted Image

What does the party wish to do?

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric


#46 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21605
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

Motioning for the other heroes to keep an eye on those other two guys and making a mental note of the oddly-placed chain in a barrel, I walk up to the door and politely knock.

#47 Zepher

Zepher

  • I can't control my tongue


    Posts: 11334
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

"Lawrence, that was very decent what you did back there, I've never been-" begins Barty.

"Stuff it," says Boomingham, sidling over to the man with a bottle, keeping an eye on Docken at the door, ready to jump to his defense at the first sign of danger.  "Hello, chappo.  Care to spare a sip for a king?"

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Nash Ash in Unrest in the Forest


#48 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6398
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

The man addressed by Boomingham simply pushes him away in a drunken stupor, he is clearly not in the mood for sharing. Docken makes his way up the steps and knocks upon the door. He is surprised to hear a "Hmphhh" from above him and glances upward.

Posted Image

"Riddle," Speaks the strange looking face above the door. "You're here to see Balthazar aren't you? Answer a riddle first then you can go in."

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric


#49 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21605
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

I address the talking (stone?) head.

"Yes, we're here to see Master Blue Hood, and we'd be happy to attempt to answer your riddle."

#50 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

  • Typer-of-faces


    Posts: 6398
    Joined: 16-January 09
    Member: 5025
    Country: U.S.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

The stone head replies to Docken, "Very well Master green hat. I've been dying to try out these three riddles for quite a while. First:

Always running stays in place
Has a mouth but not a face
Has no lungs and yet can roar
A passage-way without a door.

What say you and your companions?"

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:


Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users