[LCC] Border Watchtower

6 replies to this topic

#1 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

EDIT: Could a mod please move this to the historic forum? I accidentally posted it here  :blush: , thanks in advance  
I made this for the LCC project. This watchtower is on the border between Lenfald and Loreos, Pepin is walking down the path to his new apprenticeship.

I know the tower is very basic, but I felt like building something relaxing,and I didn't have too many pieces to work with. I also thought this was a good chance to try out SNOT water.
I apologize for the dark pictures, I didn't want to wait for the sun to come out  :blush:

Posted Image
Posted Image

More pictures!
Any C & C welcome  :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6, 12 April 2012 - 08:42 PM.

Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#2 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Altough you think it's basic, I like it. I like the surroundings even more. Like the water and the vegetation with the chesseslopes :thumbup:

(btw, so you're joining Mitgardia and LCC. That will take is serious amount of your time!)

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#3 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

Thanks Ecclesiastes, and yes it will take quite a bit of time, but luckily I have a decent amount of it for building  :classic:  I think I will be able to keep up with both, though if I have to choose one it will probably be GoH seeing as I started here first.
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#4 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Member: 27895

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

It seems like it is basic, but it really is quite neat. Your tower design is pretty cool as well. The landscaping is also good too. Good Work!

#5 Venunder

Venunder

Member: 26358

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

Although it may seem basic it is quite realistic for a border post. Which would be a basic design for easy construction, except perhaps during a period of war, when they might be built more solidly in stone.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:  
The vegetation and stream are also good.

#6 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

• Help Me Build Hogwarts!

Member: 18405

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

This looks very good! I like how you did the water. I might use that one day.  :classic: I like the landscaping. Simple, but nice.

#7 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

Thanks guys  :classic:  I have actually wanted to build a watchtower like this for a while but didn't get around to it til now. I would have like to put some diagonal braces in the tower, but I don't have the pieces needed right now.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users