Super Wars!

29 replies to this topic

#1 Oky

Oky

• RA Anniversary Baker and a Quidditcher

Member: 2028

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

Posted Image

Hello, everyone. Some of you might remember my Toy Wars and HogWars fusions. Well, I have taken it to a whole new level: a mash-up of Star Wars and Super Heroes! :sweet:

Posted Image
Super Wars! by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Here we have Clark Superwalker, the farm-boy who grows up to become the greatest hero in the (DC) universe; Diana Organa, the princess of Themyscira; Bat Solo, the orphaned bad-boy smuggler who prides himself on having the fastest ride around (the FalconMobile); his co-pilot Chewieverine, a hairy fellow who will rip your arms off if you anger him; their helper R2-Freeze2, a dome-headed droid; Iron Threepio, a very smart mechanical man in golden armor; Darth Magneto, a very powerful man who can lift objects with his mind; his master Emperor Jokerpatine, a pasty-faced, evil man; Grand Moff Bane and his henchmen, who work for the emperor; Boba Lexx, a bounty hunter with green power armor who is after Superwalker and his friends; The Yoddler, a strange man with a cane who always speaks in riddles; his friend Thorbi-Wan Kenobi, a very wise and powerful man with an awesome beard; and Jarjarpool, an annoying guy who just wont shut up and wont die either.

I hope you like it. :classic:

#2 Clone OPatra

Clone OPatra

• Plate-Removing Addict

Member: 5070

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:46 AM

I do like your mashups, but I think this one is a bit of a stretch.  The other two work so well because there are a limited number of characters in each property being mashed with Star Wars and they all have clearly defined roles.  I'm not saying there isn't room for maneuverability for who gets matched with who in Toy Story, but the way you did it certainly seemed natural and fun.

You've definitely made a good effort to pair sort-of similar characters here, but since there are just so many different super-heroes it doesn't quite work out, in my mind.  Your choices are of course not completely arbitrary by any means; still, it doesn't all feel as natural as your previous two mashups.

Why not try Pirates?  I think with the limited number of characters, Pirates could blend with Star Wars quite well.
Posted Image

#3 Ceroknight

Ceroknight

• Straight Up Cero!

Member: 12949

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

Very nice! :laugh:
I think I would have changed Batman and Superman.
Lex(Boba Fett) is after Superman(Solo)
Batman's main villain is Joker :shrug_oh_well:
Just my thoughts

Edited by Ceroknight, 12 April 2012 - 05:47 AM.

Ceroknight
Posted Image Posted Image
Photo by Librarian-bot:His Fantastic Deviantart page
Brickset  Flickr

#4 azuremoon

azuremoon

Member: 26802

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

I agree with ceroknight  :hmpf_bad: :classic:
Posted Image

#5 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

These are great, I love them all. :grin: :thumbup:

Posted Image

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#6 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

I agree with Cloney O'; the connection isn't as obvious as it was for Toy Wars. (no real opinion on HogWars, as I know practically nothing when it comes to Harry Potter) That being said, they do make sense, and above all else, the connection between Riddler and Yoda made it all worth it. :laugh:

#7 Oky

Oky

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

Thanks, guys. :classic:  I know it's not a perfect fit as Toy Wars was, but I think it still works and is fun nevertheless. The reason why I chose Batman to be Han is because unlike Superman/Luke, he doesn't have any powers, but he's a badass nonetheless, just like Han. The personalities just fit better, and then there is the farm boy thing and the fact that Bats and Diana had a relationship in Justice League Unlimited. Besides, Batman and Superman have shared villains many times before, so I don't see a problem with them fighting each other's nemesis. :wink:

#8 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

View PostOky, on 12 April 2012 - 04:29 AM, said:

Thorbi-Wan Kenobi, a very wise and powerful man with an awesome beard; and Jarjarpool, an annoying guy who just wont shut up and wont die either.

The two best ones :laugh:.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#9 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

• Help Me Build Hogwarts!

Member: 18405

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Pretty funny, but I liked your other two better. Maybe it's the whole crossing DC and Marvel thing. Not sure.

#10 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

AWESOME mash-up 'Oky' ! :laugh:
The best one must be 'Jarjarpool' ! :laugh:
But where is one for Robin.....maybe a Padme costume ? :laugh:

#11 K-Nut

K-Nut

Member: 19691

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

These again? :hmpf: :laugh: Nice job on these. I like Thorbi-Wan Kenobi the best. :rofl:
My Collection

Posted Image

Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 40.4 Necromancer: Stats

#12 Im a brickmaster.

Im a brickmaster.

• Apostrofree

Member: 26931

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Oh Oky, thats pretty good! :laugh: But were is Robin?
What I want to know is how come everone around me has a marvel set?!
I. Am. Iron Man.                                                                                                                                            Being ignored since 2012!

#13 simonjedi

simonjedi

• PT Jedi are the BEST!

Member: 1965

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Personally I'd make Chewie into Robin and change 3P0 into Mr freeze only so you can call him free(ze)pio.

Posted Image

| 7674 V19 Torrent Starfighter Review |

[*] Dr. Ben Elegnem, head of medical staff in INFECTED (Killed Night 2) (Not Infected)

[*]Jimmy Palmer (Gas Station Attendant) in Prohibition Mafia (Scum)

#14 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

I don't care if it doesn't fit as well, it's hilarious!  :laugh_hard:  Oky, your work never ceases to amuse me. :thumbup:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 43.8 In Heroica RPG, On Quest #102
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#15 Brickmamba

Brickmamba

Member: 17142

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Darth Joker takes the cake
My Flickr
My Instagram @kjavis

#16 The Joker1

The Joker1

Member: 27681

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

:laugh: Great work Oky they really are brilliant.though I think chew-Hulka may have worked better. :classic:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
“I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one, you know, I’d just do…things.” Heath ledger- 2008

#17 ScoutTroopy

ScoutTroopy

Member: 13360

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

you should have waited for more figs to  be released and done separate Dc and Marvel ones, as it is it seems jumbled and confused as its mixed marvel and DC and you also use some super villains as star wars heroes... it just doesn't really work for me :/

Edited by ScoutTroopy, 12 April 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#18 The Joker1

The Joker1

Member: 27681

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostScoutTroopy, on 12 April 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

you should have waited for more figs to  be released and done separate Dc and Marvel ones, as it is it seems jumbled and confused as its mixed marvel and DC and you also use some super villains as star wars heroes... it just doesn't really work for me :/
Why would you use Vilians as Heroes that makes even less sense. :wacko:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
“I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one, you know, I’d just do…things.” Heath ledger- 2008

#19 mutley777

mutley777

• The one and only Star Wars hoarder!

Member: 193

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Ingenious use of the figs and the names are excellent Oky! :laugh:

#20 Clone OPatra

Clone OPatra

• Plate-Removing Addict

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostThe Joker1, on 12 April 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

Why would you use Vilians as Heroes that makes even less sense. :wacko:
What he said was that Oky made a few villians into heroes; namely, Riddler as Yoda and Freeze as R2-D2.  Personally, the Riddle as Yoda makes a lot of sense, but I don't understand Freeze as R2.  I guess it's because Freeze has a dome.
Posted Image

#21 Oky

Oky

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostClone O, on 12 April 2012 - 04:46 AM, said:

Why not try Pirates?  I think with the limited number of characters, Pirates could blend with Star Wars quite well.
Because I have hardly any POTC figs. :blush: Otherwise I'd totally do it. I would love to make a LOTR one, but I don't plan on getting a lot of those sets either. If anyone has the necessary figs and wants to make either of those mash-ups, you're very welcome to do so! :sweet:

View Postlightningtiger, on 12 April 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

But where is one for Robin.....maybe a Padme costume ? :laugh:
I was actually thinking of making Harley Quin into Padme, but I would need the upcoming Queen Amidala fig for that, and with Magneto as Vader it wouldn't really make sense. :sceptic:

View PostIm a brickmaster., on 12 April 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

What I want to know is how come everone around me has a marvel set?!
If you have a Lego store nearby, check there. They should carry them now. Otherwise you could just order them from S@H or other sites.

View Postsimonjedi, on 12 April 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Personally I'd make Chewie into Robin and change 3P0 into Mr freeze only so you can call him free(ze)pio.
I'm surprised that so many seem to be missing Robin in this. Sure, it would make sense for him to be Bat Solo's wingman, but Robin is way not cool enough to be Chewie. :tongue:
And Freeze as Threepio doesn't make any sense to me, sorry.

View PostBrickmamba, on 12 April 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

Darth Joker takes the cake
Indeed, forty of them. And that's terrible. :tongue:

View PostThe Joker1, on 12 April 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

I think chew-Hulka may have worked better. :classic:
I was thinking about that too, considering the Hulk's height, strength, and temper issues, but I decided that he is just a bit too big and stuck with regular minifigures.

View PostScoutTroopy, on 12 April 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

I don't think waiting would have helped much. No matter which Marvel/DC characters they might release in the future, I don't think there would have been a lot of better parallels. I can see how the mixture of Marvel and DC can irk some people, but this mash-up is based on the Super Heroes theme which encompasses both universes. As for using villains as heroes, the Riddler and Freeze have been portrayed as anti-heroes before, so it's not too much of a stretch in my opinion.

View PostClone O, on 12 April 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

What he said was that Oky made a few villians into heroes; namely, Riddler as Yoda and Freeze as R2-D2.  Personally, the Riddle as Yoda makes a lot of sense, but I don't understand Freeze as R2.  I guess it's because Freeze has a dome.
Correct. I couldn't find any better substitute for R2 and I didn't want to use the regular R2 when I had already "superized" Threepio.

I'm sorry if you didn't like it. It was just meant to be a fun little crossover and it's hard to please everyone's tastes in these kind of things.

#22 simonjedi

simonjedi

• PT Jedi are the BEST!

Member: 1965

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostOky, on 12 April 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

And Freeze as Threepio doesn't make any sense to me, sorry.

I know, I just like the punny name.

(Although most of them don't really make sense in context anyway.)

Edited by simonjedi, 12 April 2012 - 08:30 PM.

Posted Image

| 7674 V19 Torrent Starfighter Review |

[*] Dr. Ben Elegnem, head of medical staff in INFECTED (Killed Night 2) (Not Infected)

[*]Jimmy Palmer (Gas Station Attendant) in Prohibition Mafia (Scum)

#23 Legostein

Legostein

• I'm a million!

Member: 1505

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Hello!

Although I didn't recognize all the characters at first, because I am not that familiar with the super heros series, I find this a fantastic collection. Such crossovers are proofs of great creativity! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher
Posted Image http://www.deckdesigns.de - Bricks, Building & Beyond Posted Image

#24 Clone OPatra

Clone OPatra

• Plate-Removing Addict

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostOky, on 12 April 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

I'm sorry if you didn't like it. It was just meant to be a fun little crossover and it's hard to please everyone's tastes in these kind of things.
Hey, no need to apologize!  The more I think about these, they actually are really clever.  It still seems like pooling a lot of different things and putting them all together into Star Wars, which is the one part that makes it a little weaker than the others.  Each character separately, though, is really good.
Posted Image

#25 Brickus

Brickus

Member: 6717

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

I think it was very clever of you Oky to come up with the comparisons, good job.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users