Very Old LEGO Space made with even older bricks.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Hrw-Amen

Hrw-Amen

Member: 17080

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I dug out some very old LEGO space stuff when spring cleaning in the attic at the weekend. I was surprised as I thought they were in the attic at my mother's! A very old cardboard box that looked like nothing but when I openned it I found them. All of these were made at my previous house so have to be at least twenty years old, a lot of the bricks are much older hence some miscoloured ones, some maye forty years especially the white and blue.

I think my favourite is the Blacktron transport with the tailgunner. I remember making it all those years ago! I think I had just been watching some old war movies with Lancasters at the time! There is also a Blacktron dropship, which is more bulky than I would like. But back then there was no internet, no Bricklink so I had what I had and that was that. I am know I could do much better now, but these ships being so old I do not have the heart to dismantle them. Maybe I should make newer versions though at some point?

Anyway it is awful how dusty they get, they were in a sealed box wrapped in plastic bags and they still got covered in dust which was very hard to get off, much of it becoming almost ingrained. I spent a few hours dusting them at the weekend.

There is also an Ice Planet drop ship that I was pleased to see being flown by the Ice Planet Babe! As well as this there was my other Octan ship that wen along with the one I posted a few weeks ago. This one had the old 9V lights, but I have not got a battery for it at the moment to see if they still work. I will have to get one.

There were also a lot of classic space sets but they have yet to be dusted. I was surpised to see that many of the original red and white astronaut minifigs had stickers for the decorations on their torso. I did not realise that, not all of them but a good few! Anyway, I'll post them when they are dusted off.

I have included a couple of links for my Brickshelf and Flickr.BrickshelfFlickr

I realise before anyone points it out that my photography is not very good, I understand that but wanted to show my models anyway. I have never been much good at it inspite of many years trying.

edit:- Not sure where the pictures went first time round, they were there, then not, now they are again?

Edited by Hrw-Amen, 10 April 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#2 Si-MOCs

Si-MOCs

• SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!

Member: 16567

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

Woh!

What a find.

It's really cool to have just found it... it must have been weird seeing what you made as a kid.
Even looking back at some of the ships I made when I was just coming out of the Dark Ages seems like a whole different person. Ironically I built a similar blacktron ship  :laugh:

So what are you going to do with it now? are you going to keep them intact as a reminder of your childhood? or are you going to part them and make neo-versions of these old favourites?
Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
I'd seek professional help - but I spent the money on LEGO. | flickr

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#3 Hrw-Amen

Hrw-Amen

Member: 17080

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostSi-MOCs, on 13 April 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Woh!

What a find.

It's really cool to have just found it... it must have been weird seeing what you made as a kid.
Even looking back at some of the ships I made when I was just coming out of the Dark Ages seems like a whole different person. Ironically I built a similar blacktron ship  :laugh:

So what are you going to do with it now? are you going to keep them intact as a reminder of your childhood? or are you going to part them and make neo-versions of these old favourites?

Well, actually I was not a kid but about 23ish at the time they were made, but it still was avery long time ago. I am not planning to dismantle them and they have been cleaned off and put into a better box. Not yet back in the attic though.

I am toying with the idea of updating the fragile roof of the Blacktron dropship but part of me is looking at it as history and wants to leave it alone? I am undecided?

There is another lot that I have not yet dusted so when I get around to it I will post some pictures. I hope to try that Octan ships lights over the weekend to see if they still work. I hope that they do, but we will see?

#4 Rook

Rook

• BW2013 MEGA Creation "Winner"

Member: 2903

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Goodness those are old, and yet not. Some more recent Spacemen then my own antiques.   :blush:
Posted Image
Signature by RΟΟK, on Flickr

#5 Hikaro Takayama

Hikaro Takayama

Member: 20752

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

Nice find!  The Octan ship looks a lot like a bulky version my Sky Spear long-range fighters, and I dig the Blacktron II ships (I had both Blacktron I and II when I was a kid and was sad that I had to give them away when I was in High School).
-Hikaro Takayama, a.k.a Laura

Bi-gender Christian and proud of it.

"Wot's faster than a warbuggy, more killy than a warbike, and flies through da air like a bird? I got no bleedin' idea, but I'm gonna find out."  - Kog da Flymek, pioneer of the Deffkopta

#6 brickmack

brickmack

Member: 12146

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:03 AM

Nice. The octan ship is my favorite, looks like a defense fighter for the tankers Octan would operate in the future.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users