#1 Surduk

Surduk

Member: 15498

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

galeries: Mocpages
              Flickr

Alchemy Laboratory settled in Ivory Tower..

This moc was to be one of the 3 mocs I was making for Classic castle contest, Hero category. It would be the place where hero gets info about her quest. At one point I decided not to participate in contest because moc grew rapidly while end date for participating in contest come nearer and just didn't have enough time. After contest ended I simply wasn't under date pressure so I put mocking aside for a while. Fortunately I made some w.i.p. photos with mobile phone to show them to some friends. Unfortunately I took just a few moments for every photo (people were waiting on Skype), so photos are really bad...who could tell it would be crashed to pieces before it was finished... So, this one goes to sorting bin. As alchemy tables remained whole I decided to remake this moc, but this time on smaller scale (32x32).. I just hope it will be finished until summer :/. I also have 3 more unfinished mocs which I started to build after I registered here (another two scenes for Hero category and long forgotten micro scale moc (currently 48x48 of planned 48x96) which waits sadly to be finished), but I'm not sure if it is smart to put them online while I read somewhere that sometimes people get annoyed by spamming with w.i.p. pictures and no finished mocs..

Anyhow, it is something more than a year that I returned from dark ages and I wish my free time grew as my collection grew over past year. Thanks for your time, guys, I just thought I have to explain myself to somebody :3

#2 caperberry

caperberry

Member: 26894

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

Oh, no. How awful for you. So lucky you have those pics because this is just eye-droppingly awesome!
Posted Image

#3 LEGOfan123

LEGOfan123

Member: 16994

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

Oh no! That's not good! I hope you can fix it!

#4 Mike S

Mike S

Member: 26273

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

That was a really awesome build! Too bad you didn't get more pics. Good luck on the remake...:thumbup:

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

• Help Me Build Hogwarts!

Member: 18405

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

This looks very cool! It's too bad that it was destroyed, because those white walls are breathtaking! I guess now it could be an ancient Laboratory?

#6 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

Bad car!(or whatever transportation was used) That was an awesome tower! The little bits and details are crazy. Just great. Hopefully it's salvageable and we can see it in all it's glory.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#7 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Member: 27895

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

Whew! That is really cool o.O

I hope you manage to get it back together.

How'd you manage to get the white rails for windows? I've seen it done multiple times, and I have never tried it.

#8 Calanon

Calanon

Member: 7327

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

Wow! That's pretty big. Shame it was damaged. :sceptic: Still, it doesn't look entirely unrepairable to me, so good luck with repairing it! :thumbup:

"No. What I'm saying is that Wales should be completely removed from the planet." - Pinioncorp, 9th October 2011.

Claire Novak in Red Menace

#9 Redhead1982

Redhead1982

Member: 23488

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

That's an impressive build. Too bad it got damaged while moving, however, it's still pretty impressive with the cracks reminiscent of some earthquake damage. Wish you good luck with the remake of this amazing MOC!
Flickr!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#10 Surduk

Surduk

Member: 15498

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:37 AM

Thank you all for support and sympathys! Remake is already on it's way :)

View PostNightstalker, on 11 April 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

How'd you manage to get the white rails for windows?
I used headlights or technic brick + half pin, depending on offset. Google for "Lego SNOT techniques" or simply improvise with those pieces :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users