markg

MOC: Easter Train

Following up on our Christmas Train, the kids and I put together an Easter Train over the weekend. I apologize in advance for the poor pictures, the light in our living room is less than ideal for picture taking.

First up is our bunny engine. We did have to 'sacrifice' 3 Bunnies to put the engine together, fortunately I got about a dozen of them on sale a year ago.

P4097531.JPG

Next is our little egg carrier, filled with an assortment of tasty plastic eggs :

P4097532.JPG

The clikits decorated boxcar comes next, the clikits snap into the back of a headlight brick. Looking out of the car is our very own easter bunny. I debated whether to make him brown or white and ended up choosing white. Too bad they didn't make the head in white to match the body. Credit to Kenneth Nagel on MOCpages for the boxcar design idea.

P4097540.JPG

Last is the caboose based on 10014, but with some nice easter colours. It's a little plain and we should have added some clikits - maybe next year :)

P4097534.JPG

Overall shot :

P4097539.JPG

We're looking forward to the next special holiday train. Halloween is too far away - maybe Canada Day eh!?

cheers - mark

This looks great - very festive and joyful. Great job to you and your kids, that must have been a fun build. And man, that looks like a rather busy Easter bunny right there! I'd totally suggest adding a steam boiler and some valving to it for next year... :grin:

Very cute engine, I'm sure your kids loved it.

We're looking forward to the next special holiday train. Halloween is too far away - maybe Canada Day eh!?

As I understand it 'Friday Night is Hockey Night'; that would give you an opportunity to trial a Toronto Maple Leafs train and you could switch the colours for Canada Day :tongue: In fact with the number of teams in Canada you'd be set for most of the year :wink:

I like this train. I'm not such a fan of those overly simple seasonal sets, but you made good use of them with the locomotive. I liked the open freight car of eggs. The boxcar was good. I liked it that you managed to use Clikits pieces on a model. I would prefer if the rabbit had a brown body, as his head was brown. It's too bad that Minifigures series 7 Bunny Suit Guy wasn't released earlier. Even though you said that the caboose may be too plain, it's my favourite car in the train.

Whoa! Another Lego trains fan in Canada? Great. I'm looking forward to the Canada day train, if you're going to make it. I'm curious of what it will look like. Maybe a white diesel loco with the Canadian flag, a car that launches fireworks as the train moves, a maple syrup tanker (if you want it to be stereotypical). It might be hard to design a train that realistically represents Canada while looking interesting, so I'm curious of how it will look.

Such a "Happy" Easter train! I bet your kids loved it! The azure blue caboose is lovely :wub:

I'm surprised Lightningtiger hasn't been here to comment, since this is sort of an "animal train" :wink:

Thanks everybody. A few things :

- The train is motorised, the engine is built on a 9V motor. I have PF stuff in the closet but haven't actually built a train with it yet!

- Funny thing about the clikits on the boxcar. For some reason I had in my head that clickits snapped into technic holes, so I built the whole boxcar with 1x2 & 1x1 bricks with technic holes. Then I brought over my 3 year old daughter to pick out the decorations and realized the clikits need a reversed headlight brick. Argh! Had to take apart and replace all the technic bricks with headlights.

- I should have made bunny legs rotate around as the train moves (like pull toys)

I've got a few fun ideas for a Canada day train. The maple syrup car is a great one. Maybe a BeaverTail car to go with it :)

cheers - mark

Well done; very creative.

I love the bunny engine; it looks cute.

You have given us lots of ideas for next Easter. :laugh:

'Be very, very quite....I'm hunting wabbits' :laugh:

Cute and cool looking train 'markg', I don't think I have seen a rabbit engine before and those eggs look funny in the open wagon ! :grin:

Great designing 'markg' ! :classic: