Shadows

A Reminder to Heroica Players (and all members)

I've noticed a particularly useless trend recently, primarily amongst those of you who have characters in Heroica, the use of spoiler tags to circumvent our signature rules.

Stop it. :angry:

While it's nice to imagine that hiding all of it in tags makes it go away, it doesn't. It's still downloaded, just as if it was shown, so it's no different than having it there directly. Except it also looks ugly.

As a reminder, from the site guidelines:

Signatures: As a rough rule, you may use up to four pictures each with a maximum pixel height of 200, a file size of 250k and no more than 200 words. If your sig is bigger than your average post, it can confuse someone reading a thread and you may be asked to reduce it, or a staff member may do it for you. Some exceptions may be made on a case by case basis, but please try to limit the space you use. Font size should be kept to a minimum: ideally no bigger than size 3. No animated GIFs are to be used in your signatures.

We will begin enforcing those guidelines more strictly with regard to people using spoiler tags to avoid it. In other words, please bring your signature in line with the requirements before we remove it completely.

Thanks!

Before anyone argues with him, this circumvents my earlier request.

Apologies to Heroica Quest Masters who readily use this information for putting quests together. You will just have to click through to their profile pages if they can't get their info in their sigs within our guidelines. Heroica stats and MOCs can make it in if they're all on one line, you just have to choose what's most important to display.

Signatures in violation will be given a warning and then deleted if there's no response or a second offense.

How does mine look?

Take the spoiler tags out.

Does the acronym feature count?

What is the acronym feature?

How does mine look?

NO!!!! One row of pictures. Not one column. Why can you not put your avatars next to each other??? :wall:

Are you even reading what was posted?? 1 row of pictures, maximum pixel height: 200 pixels. Your entire signature should not be taller than 200 pixels. A row goes across.

Now? This is as compact as it can get.

As you progress in rank, do you get more sig space?

Edited by LEGOman273

Now? This is as compact as it can get.

As you progress in rank, do you get more sig space?

That's perfect. No, sig space should be the same across the board. Why? Is mine too tall now?

That's perfect. No, sig space should be the same across the board. Why? Is mine too tall now?

Yes. I mistook it for your post. :poke:

The snazzy dots under a word which has text pop up when moused over.

Do we have that feature on this board?

Yeah.

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

Yes, and it annoys the Heroica QMs to no end. It's a great way to save sig space (especially in a way that--I think--uses up no extra bandwidth), but it's impossible to copy/paste. :sceptic:

I believe Brickdoctor has them in his sig, as does Bricksandparts, if you want to see what it looks like. :wink:

Oh

It doesn't work for me. :sad:

I doubt it. The description doesn't even allow for commas. :sceptic: I do use it in my signature, but only for describing certain items. It's not really important enough to be copied/pasted, but I like having it there. It would be far too cumbersome to write entire stats in, though.

Yes, and it annoys the Heroica QMs to no end. It's a great way to save sig space (especially in a way that--I think--uses up no extra bandwidth), but it's impossible to copy/paste. :sceptic:

I believe Brickdoctor has them in his sig, as does Bricksandparts, if you want to see what it looks like. :wink:

Oh

I'm quite sure mine is fine. Although if you see anything wrong with it, please let me know.

:hmpf: OK, here's an example:

hinckley39_leia.jpghinckley39_adorable.jpg

Hey, look at me, I'm some jerk in Heroica. Sage level: 50 Douchebaggery: 96% Life points: 87,000 | I'm also playing some annoying jackass in some Mafia game - I'm innocent!

Also, here's my Flickr account, I don't use Brickshelf because I'm not an idiot.

Here's my favorite quote or some goofy thing people write or some junk. Just use common freakin' sense!

:hmpf: OK, here's an example:

"Some jerk in Heroica?" "Douchebaggery?" Seriously?

I mean, was that really necessary?

Honestly, just because you're a mod/admin, it shouldn't mean that you can just say whatever you want about people and the games they play, especially when all they've done 'wrong' is try to make their signatures less cluttered. :hmpf:

And how uncalled for is it for you to call palathadric "stupid" just because he uses Brickshelf instead of Flickr? He was asking if his signature was okay, not what you thought of his website preference. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Mibbiwocket

Yes, I do, and as a QM and Arena GM, I speak from experience when I say that it is annoying for the QMs. I use it in mine only to compact the text, and I link to a QM-friendly, copyable version of the stats in my About Me page. Obviously, the acronym's contents are still loaded along with the rest of the page's source code, but since that's just some text, it's not going to be using up a lot of bandwidth, and it's more of an aesthetic thing.

"Some jerk in Heroica?" "Douchebaggery?" Seriously?

I mean, was that really necessary?

Honestly, just because you're a mod/admin, it shouldn't mean that you can just say whatever you want about people and the games they play, especially when all they've done 'wrong' is try to make their signatures less cluttered. :hmpf:

I play Mafia games. Don't take it so seriously. And no, these signatures are becoming more work than they're worth. You think I want to spend my time trying to rope this back in and take care of all the complaints?

I play Mafia games. Don't take it so seriously. And no, these signatures are becoming more work than they're worth. You think I want to spend my time trying to rope this back in and take care of all the complaints?

It gets irritating to a lot of other members is all. I don't think anyone's challenged or complained the need for a shortening of signatures, merely questioned if they've fallen within the guidelines or not. Mibbiwocket is questioning your maturity in your example for a good signature size, not complaining about reasoning. Being a mafia player doesn't have much to do with it.

It gets irritating to a lot of other members is all. I don't think anyone's challenged or complained the need for a shortening of signatures, merely questioned if they've fallen within the guidelines or not. Mibbiwocket is questioning your maturity in your example for a good signature size, not complaining about reasoning. Being a mafia player doesn't have much to do with it.

Yes, it does as I was equally flippant towards mafia players and games. Do I need your help? No.

I don't think anyone's challenged or complained the need for a shortening of signatures, merely questioned if they've fallen within the guidelines or not.

Do you really know what complaints we're getting? Do you see my PM Inbox?

I also rip on Brickshelf and random song lyrics. Here's some advice: don't take it so seriously that I said "Some jerk in Heroica" as I'm not taking any stance against Heroica. I could if I wanted to. There's plenty of things that do annoy me about it, but for the most part I love seeing the activity and glad people are having fun here. In the meantime, please realize, I'm being an equally opportunity offender and am not meaning offense to anyone. The questions and comments aren't needed. Follow the guidelines the staff has set up. We're doing it for a reason. There's really no reason to question us and the job we do, especially. I'm pretty sure I work my megablocks off to make this a good place to visit. If I throw out a douchebag once in a while, as a joke, I'm sure I feel OK about it. If you were truly offended, I do apologize. I do encourage you to take a look at my whole post and see if it's really worth getting upset about.

Ok, I understand what you mean.

Should I just transfer all my Heroica stats to my profile page, and link it in my signature?

I appreciate that you are trying to help, but did you see my example? You can get all the info in one row easily.