Woodward Forest Outlaw Hideout

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mephistopheles

mephistopheles

Member: 24623

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

Hi!

I made another little vignette for an in-guild title. This hideout is located in the Woodward Forest in Avalonia. Surrounded by large pine trees a path leads to an old rock on which the Brotherhood of the Stag built a house. Nobody knows exactly were this place is. The leaders of the Brotherhood (which actually consists of many different gangs) use this place to meet regularly and discuss important matters.

With this built I claim the Prince of the Forest title!

Posted Image  
Posted Image
Posted Image

Unfortunately the pictures are not the best. I hope you like this, since I had to sacrifice my Werewolf Encounter MOC to build this. My modular house consumes almost all the parts and money I have, so I can build these vignettes only from the few spare parts I have.
My Flickr

All hail Avalonia!
Lord of Woodward, Champion of Avalonia, Lord High Executioner, Prince of the Forest, Siege Expert
Woodward on Wikipedia

#2 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

I like this quite a bit better than your werewolf encounter  :thumbup:
Nice work on the textures of the house. The trees look good too,
Glad to see another active builder :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#3 Gabe

Gabe

• Green capital G

Member: 12135

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

Nice little vig, it has a very pleasing look to it. The telescope trees look really good, and the house is well intergrated into the cliffside. :thumbup: The only thing that i'd change would be the roof - some overhanging eaves would look great. It's a shame that you don't have more bricks to play with - have you considered pulling down your modular house to free up resources? You can always rebuild it later, right? :classic: (It's terribly expensive to moc if everything you make stays built!)

Edited by gabe, 05 April 2012 - 02:30 AM.

Erudhalion Sansael for Kaliphlin! Peregrinus for Kaliphlin!
Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image

#4 mephistopheles

mephistopheles

Member: 24623

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

View Postgabe, on 05 April 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

Nice little vig, it has a very pleasing look to it. The telescope trees look really good, and the house is well intergrated into the cliffside. :thumbup: The only thing that i'd change would be the roof - some overhanging eaves would look great. It's a shame that you don't have more bricks to play with - have you considered pulling down your modular house to free up resources? You can always rebuild it later, right? :classic: (It's terribly expensive to moc if everything you make stays built!)

Thanks!

No, the modular is house is absolutely of the table. That is the 1 MOC I will never de-build.

The roof, as it is, is pretty much done on purpose. It should give the MOC a shanty feeling. This house is built by thieves not by carpenters and masons!
My Flickr

All hail Avalonia!
Lord of Woodward, Champion of Avalonia, Lord High Executioner, Prince of the Forest, Siege Expert
Woodward on Wikipedia

#5 Jason Cicchini

Jason Cicchini

• Big Horn Historican

Member: 9064

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Really digging those trees in a cluster.
The house facade looks great, too!

Lord Khelperth Darwyn of Avalonia
Master Cartographer, High King of the Elves

#6 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

Nice build! :thumbup:  I like the idea of the door not on the ground!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#7 The Joker1

The Joker1

Member: 27681

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Nice work. It looks great. :thumbup:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
“I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one, you know, I’d just do…things.” Heath ledger- 2008

#8 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

• Constellation Encyclopedia

Member: 14945

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Really nice trees!  The three layers 1x1 round plates adds a nice texture to the wall also. And I agree that the roof might look a bit better if it overhung the walls a bit.

There are so many interesting techniques for things like trees, roofs, doors, etc, that I wish there was an encyclopedia of techniques for various building parts.  I know there's a roof tutorial.  Anyone know of a larger, more comprehensive guide?  Maybe I'll put something up on the Wiki...
Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users