• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dakar A

Dakar A

• I've been outing Scum for OURS!

Member: 21891

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Posted Image V-LC-8F

So, recently TLG released a contest through the LEGO Club magazine. I have entered a few of these before, and had just visited Legoland FL. On the way, I saw a LOT of 18 wheelers carrying oranges. So, before I knew it, I had half the cabin of a truck infront of me! :laugh: The lower front SNOT section was pretty tough to wiggle in, but I fits well, if a little snugly!

Posted Image
Orange Truck by Dakar A, on Flickr

The cabin is based off set 3221, Lego City truck. I decided to build it in white because I didn't have enough parts in red or grey! :tongue:  The real challenge was deicing how to do the trailer. I connected it using a larger rotating platform, since a smaller one wouldn't have been able to handle the stresses on the trailer. The whole thing is a monster, taking up ove 40 studs in Length! *oh2*

Posted Image
Orange truck 2 by Dakar A, on Flickr

The road was built mostly for show, but it ended up using just about all of my black bricks that weren't already in use!

Posted Image
Orange truck 3 by Dakar A, on Flickr

I kept trying to get a good shot of it on the road platform, but since I hadn't curved it, it just didn't work out. :cry_sad:

I can't seem to find any reference pictures, but trust me, they exist!

Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Top-notch Town Builder ! Played as Puss in Boots in Sandy's Mafia School: A Bed Time Story. Played as Ensign Jack Campbell , security in Bob's Excalibur Mafia. I My Flickr I Brick Town Talk! I Bricks in Space! I

#2 lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Nice work 'Dakar' :thumbup: , though I'm not sure about those vertical exhaust pipes their on the prime mover ? :wink:
Brick On Truck On ! :classic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users