Jump to content


Hulk promo minifigure for May 16-31


202 replies to this topic

#51 agentofchaos73

agentofchaos73

    Posts: 108
    Joined: 09-March 12
    Member: 27222
    Country: USA

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:58 AM

View PostSir_Basil_Ashton, on 10 April 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

Is it just me or does anybody else think that LEGO is underestimating the demand for this promo minifigure. I really can't foresee the Hulk being available for the full two weeks that this is running.


Yeah, I don't see these lasting the whole time either. I'm going to make sure I've got the money for my Quinjet on the 16th. Not gonna take a chance on missing out on this.

#52 SpiderSpaceman

SpiderSpaceman

  • Got Balls?


    Posts: 924
    Joined: 17-July 09
    Member: 6727
    Country: USA

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

View PostBlondie-Wan, on 09 April 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

Green Lantern wouldn't have been an option, since this is in conjunction with the new Marvel sets and the release of The Avengers, and Green Lantern is a DC character. That said, it'd be nice if there were some release of Green Lantern minifigures other than through the ridiculously limited Comic-Con promo.

I agree. and kinda related to that:
I'm hoping we find out soon what the DK character guide exclusive figure will be.  Following the pattern of awards han & luke and prom harry potter I'd guess they won't do anything super(hero) flashy, but I'd happily take a jim gordon, selina kyle, or alfred. or HARVEY DENT

#53 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:50 AM

View PostCorneliusMurdock, on 04 April 2012 - 01:18 AM, said:

Posted Image
Silly Cam, Lego money melts, it doesn't burn.
Well played.

#54 meschepers

meschepers

    Posts: 385
    Joined: 10-July 07
    Member: 1763
    Country: United States

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

Does anyone know if this offer will be valid at LegoLand in Florida?  I will be going there in this timeframe and would like to pick one up if the shop(s) in LegoLand do the same promos as the stores do.
I've got three ships and sixty men,
A course for ports unread.
I'll stand at mast, let north winds blow
Till half of us are dead.

Land ho!

-Jim Morrison (The Doors)

#55 WetWired

WetWired

  • Savin' The Day!


    Posts: 357
    Joined: 13-February 08
    Member: 2736

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

What do promo minifigures like this go for on Bricklink? If the Australian pricing for the marvel sets is on par with the DC ones it would cost me literally double the price to buy the marvel sets I want from shop@home than it would to order them on bricklink from the US or europe... I want to figure out if the money I'll save will be enough to just grab one of these hulk minifigs from bricklink instead.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#56 Takua Nui

Takua Nui

    Posts: 78
    Joined: 16-April 12
    Member: 28012

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hmm, I like the looks of this promotional minifigure. The only issue I have is that he isn't quite to scale. But honestly, I think it looks better than the larger Avengers Hulk figure. It says 50 dollar purchase, so does that mean the promotional Hulk is available in the US only?

#57 halfpenguinhalflego

halfpenguinhalflego

    Posts: 820
    Joined: 18-June 09
    Member: 6437
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostTakua Nui, on 16 April 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

Hmm, I like the looks of this promotional minifigure. The only issue I have is that he isn't quite to scale. But honestly, I think it looks better than the larger Avengers Hulk figure. It says 50 dollar purchase, so does that mean the promotional Hulk is available in the US only?
I believe it's available elsewhere as well, such as the UK.

I want this so much, I'm just gonna have to save £50 for after AFOLCON. Which will be hard!  :laugh:
My FlickrPosted Image Posted Image  Posted Image

#58 SpiderSpaceman

SpiderSpaceman

  • Got Balls?


    Posts: 924
    Joined: 17-July 09
    Member: 6727
    Country: USA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostTakua Nui, on 16 April 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

Hmm, I like the looks of this promotional minifigure. The only issue I have is that he isn't quite to scale. But honestly, I think it looks better than the larger Avengers Hulk figure. It says 50 dollar purchase, so does that mean the promotional Hulk is available in the US only?

No, it means that the ad was printed for US distribution.

#59 Takua Nui

Takua Nui

    Posts: 78
    Joined: 16-April 12
    Member: 28012

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostSpiderSpaceman, on 16 April 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

No, it means that the ad was printed for US distribution.

Thanks, just making sure. Looks like I'll be purchasing some Superheroes sets this May.

#60 dark1san

dark1san

    Posts: 81
    Joined: 21-February 11
    Member: 16143
    Country: USA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

Ok here's a legit question. So when exactly do they count that day as starting? Like if I'd go on lego shop at home at 1201 am, would I get the hulk figure with my order? Or would I have to wait til like 8 or 9 am to place my order to get the Hulk?

#61 prateek

prateek

  • Study hard!


    Posts: 10398
    Joined: 09-July 05
    Member: 426
    Country: Canada

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

View Postdark1san, on 25 April 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

Ok here's a legit question. So when exactly do they count that day as starting? Like if I'd go on lego shop at home at 1201 am, would I get the hulk figure with my order? Or would I have to wait til like 8 or 9 am to place my order to get the Hulk?
Why would it really matter? It's not like they'll run out on the first day. I'd say to order in the evening of the 16th to be safe, and to get it ASAP.

#62 connor18gow

connor18gow

    Posts: 15
    Joined: 09-April 12
    Member: 27870

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:48 AM

View Postdark1san, on 25 April 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

Ok here's a legit question. So when exactly do they count that day as starting? Like if I'd go on lego shop at home at 1201 am, would I get the hulk figure with my order? Or would I have to wait til like 8 or 9 am to place my order to get the Hulk?

I'm not sure what time the promos start, but they do show it in the checkout area. So I would just check every now and then to see if it's in your cart.

View Postprateek, on 25 April 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

Why would it really matter? It's not like they'll run out on the first day. I'd say to order in the evening of the 16th to be safe, and to get it ASAP.

I think he's wondering what time the promo starts, not how soon he should order it in case they run out.

#63 Sir_Basil_Ashton

Sir_Basil_Ashton

    Posts: 794
    Joined: 29-December 11
    Member: 23619
    Country: Italia

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:18 AM

From my experience with the Star Wars May the 4th promo from last year, there will be a block that you can check when you checkout with S@H. The box didn't appear right at midnight (EST) but those who purchased right when the sale went live were able to call LEGO Customer Service to have the Shadow ARF Trooper added to their order.

#64 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

  • Likes pinching Klingons


    Posts: 5081
    Joined: 05-February 09
    Member: 5222
    Country: BackintheUSofA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:59 AM

I'm no fan of the Hulk, nor am I huge on the whole, 'superheroes' thing, but this, I must have. It's so useful! Finally, we get a green male human body! Now my Toy Story soldiers can get naked! Alternatively, that head would be great on the soldiers when shot or firing their giant green Gatling guns! :laugh: I'm gunna have fun with this figure! :thumbup: Is it regular green or bright green like the head of the witch? (which reminds me, I hope we get a she-hulk!) :tongue:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Here's my Flickr account.

/|\_M_/|\
|


#65 Iron-Man

Iron-Man

    Posts: 171
    Joined: 16-April 12
    Member: 28018
    Country: USA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostDannylonglegs, on 25 April 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

Now my Toy Story soldiers can get naked!
~Insectoid Aristocrat

*huh*  why?

#66 Takua Nui

Takua Nui

    Posts: 78
    Joined: 16-April 12
    Member: 28012

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

View PostDannylonglegs, on 25 April 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

I'm no fan of the Hulk, nor am I huge on the whole, 'superheroes' thing, but this, I must have. It's so useful! Finally, we get a green male human body! Now my Toy Story soldiers can get naked! Alternatively, that head would be great on the soldiers when shot or firing their giant green Gatling guns! :laugh: I'm gunna have fun with this figure! :thumbup: Is it regular green or bright green like the head of the witch? (which reminds me, I hope we get a she-hulk!) :tongue:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

It would be nice to get a Lego She-Hulk. Mind if I ask why you want your Toy Story soldiers nude?

#67 Flipz

Flipz

  • Treason didn't work for him


    Posts: 6948
    Joined: 01-December 11
    Member: 22657
    Country: California, USA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostDannylonglegs, on 25 April 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

I'm no fan of the Hulk, nor am I huge on the whole, 'superheroes' thing, but this, I must have. It's so useful! Finally, we get a green male human body! Now my Toy Story soldiers can get naked! Alternatively, that head would be great on the soldiers when shot or firing their giant green Gatling guns! :laugh: I'm gunna have fun with this figure! :thumbup: Is it regular green or bright green like the head of the witch? (which reminds me, I hope we get a she-hulk!) :tongue:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

*huh* Uh...why to they need to get naked...?

Then again, I'm getting this so if I ever host a Heroica Quest in which Cronk appears, I can have him go shirtless, so... :tongue:

May be slightly depressed due to learning that Shortpacked! is ending in a year. :,-(
Posted Image
Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 31 Skirmisher, 22-year-old male Human??? in Sandy's Heroica RPG!
[STATS]


#68 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

  • Likes pinching Klingons


    Posts: 5081
    Joined: 05-February 09
    Member: 5222
    Country: BackintheUSofA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

View PostFlipz, on 25 April 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

*huh* Uh...why to they need to get naked...?
For their wounds to be treated in the med bay. Why else? *huh*

View PostFlipz, on 25 April 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Then again, I'm getting this so if I ever host a Heroica Quest in which Cronk appears, I can have him go shirtless, so... :tongue:

CRONK BASH!!! unfortunately, it's not sand green  :sadnew:  Which is not to say HE doesn't become bright green when he gets angry.  :grin:

This figure is a great addition to the many colours of shirtless minifigures!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Here's my Flickr account.

/|\_M_/|\
|


#69 Etzel

Etzel

  • Me Want Ducky!!!!


    Posts: 2929
    Joined: 30-January 08
    Member: 2625
    Country: Sweden

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

View PostDannylonglegs, on 25 April 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

This figure is a great addition to the many colours of shirtless minifigures!

~Insectoid Aristocrat
It's the fourth colour so far :sweet: (yellow, light flesh and gold being the others).
I'm still waiting for the first female version though. :tongue:

#70 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

  • Destroyed Dreams of Super-Santa


    Posts: 5030
    Joined: 22-November 10
    Member: 14331
    Country: USA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostEtzel, on 25 April 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

I'm still waiting for the first female version though. :tongue:

:rofl:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Posted ImagePosted ImageLearn how to make comics & animation: Brick Flicks & Comics Academy Posted Image Posted Image


#71 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

  • Likes pinching Klingons


    Posts: 5081
    Joined: 05-February 09
    Member: 5222
    Country: BackintheUSofA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostEtzel, on 25 April 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

It's the fourth colour so far :sweet: (yellow, light flesh and gold being the others).
I'm still waiting for the first female version though. :tongue:
I was going to correct you and say 5, but I just remembered that the Anubis figure has a necklace thing.  :facepalm:
Near naked females are tricky, and lego's done very few, but there is one naked female fig. :laugh:  A She-Hulk minifig would be great, especially for those who are fans of Star-trek :wink:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Here's my Flickr account.

/|\_M_/|\
|


#72 just2good

just2good

  • Celebrity Pants Wetter


    Posts: 4904
    Joined: 05-January 09
    Member: 4916
    Country: USA (Florida)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

I doughnut know if anyone has posted this yet, but a picture of the promo has appeared on Bricklink. It was removed, but someone on Flickr has retrieved a picture for it.I'm a guy for packaging, and LEGO's approach on the polybag of this set is interesting. The upper-right corner graphic shows only the helicarrier Hulk with purple-pants, as opposed to the normal Avengers graphic. The bottom-right of the polybag has no Avengers logo, which is strange. I guess this really isn't supposed to be the Hulk from the Avengers.

#73 Notorious Guf

Notorious Guf

    Posts: 229
    Joined: 10-January 10
    Member: 9004

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

View Postjust2good, on 29 April 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

I doughnut know if anyone has posted this yet, but a picture of the promo has appeared on Bricklink. It was removed, but someone on Flickr has retrieved a picture for it.I'm a guy for packaging, and LEGO's approach on the polybag of this set is interesting. The upper-right corner graphic shows only the helicarrier Hulk with purple-pants, as opposed to the normal Avengers graphic. The bottom-right of the polybag has no Avengers logo, which is strange. I guess this really isn't supposed to be the Hulk from the Avengers.

Here is the set on Bricklink.

#74 Sir_Basil_Ashton

Sir_Basil_Ashton

    Posts: 794
    Joined: 29-December 11
    Member: 23619
    Country: Italia

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostNotorious Guf, on 30 April 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

Here is the set on Bricklink.
*oh2* Those are pretty reasonable prices. I thought about it for a second but I'll still get my Hulk through LEGO.

#75 Stormer13

Stormer13

    Posts: 42
    Joined: 09-September 11
    Member: 20321

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

So is it the same dates for the U.K? And does that make it a £50 purchase on any lego set from S@H?
Hoping for Flash and green lantern figures Please Lego we must have them.



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users