Sign in to follow this  
The Librarian

Brainiac attacks!

(Sorry if anyone comes in before I've finished editing, I hit post instead of preview!)

So, being a comicbook fan, I'm naturally pretty excited about the whole 'Superheroes' line. If I'm honest, I'm primarily in it for the Magneto minifig coming out later this year but that's not to say the DC stuff hasn't gotten my creative juices flowing.

Having got hold of the Lex Luthor power suit, I decided that I'd rather have someone else piloting the giant robot and give Lex a more appropriately sized set of armour ala the comics and Justice League cartoon. And who better to run around in a giant robot that the evil computer mind himself, Brainiac!

6862122938_190bf40558.jpg

Supervillain Teamup by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

As you can see, I did my best to get the 'diode' pattern in as much as possible, even if I couldn't on the minifig itself. I used the Wicked Witch's head because it's, you know, about the only bright green head avaliable and rounded the ensemble off with some drones and bottled cities.

Lex is your average Lego hardsuit design in as much green and purple as I could scrape out of my collection. I had to use black as a contrasting colour but I think that kind of works.

Full set here!

Enjoy!

Edited by The Librarian

I love that Lex suit! :wub: Any instructions for that? I'm also not that much into the Superman Comics, so i can"t tell you if that's entirely accurate or not, but great work!

Awesome job on your Mech! I really like how you transformed what I assume is the Tri-pod Alien quest body seamlessly into the model while still making it look amazing! I also really love your Lex Luthor suits! I can't wait to see more from you :sweet:

I am impressed by your MOC very much! I like the colors and how giant robot's legs are made. The back view of the robot is cool too! :cry_happy:

I might have to "borrow" your power-suit design if I can find the right pieces in my collection.

Awesome job on everything here.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Awesome job on your Mech! I really like how you transformed what I assume is the Tri-pod Alien quest body seamlessly into the model while still making it look amazing! I also really love your Lex Luthor suits! I can't wait to see more from you :sweet:

Full points! That's exactly where I got the basic outline for the Brainiac robot from. The cruving/prongs shape just seemed a perfect fit once I got it at an angle.

I love that Lex suit! :wub: Any instructions for that? I'm also not that much into the Superman Comics, so i can"t tell you if that's entirely accurate or not, but great work!

I might have to "borrow" your power-suit design if I can find the right pieces in my collection.

Awesome job on everything here.

Instructions, as requested, can be found on Flickr:

7027587197_e2a1010a38.jpg

Lex Power Suit Instructions 3 by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Found this by pure accident from a google search. Impressive how much this looks like the official version we have just had released!