Sign in to follow this  
kciR

[MOC]: Modular House

indexed.gif B-RM-06D

I finished this MOC some weeks ago, but only took pictures of it yesterday.

So hereby I present you my latest MOC: a modular house. It is a combination of the two houses I live in.

The front facade is the facade of the building I'm currently in, located in the city centre of The Hague. I rent a small room within this house (I'm still studying :wink: ).

The back of the building is from my parents house, where I stay most weekends and my Legos are.

I adjusted both facades a bit, so they could be combined. The front facade is in fact 4 stories (but than it would become to high) and the extension on the back has been shorted a lot to create a small garden.

DSC_1921ee.jpg

My modular :classic:

On the pavement I created a small garden and added a ticket machine for parking (I don't know what that's called)

And now the interior:

DSC_1922e.jpg

The ground floor contains a living room, dining table, kitchen and toilet.

DSC_1929.jpg

Another shot of the ground floor.

DSC_1932.jpg

The bedroom and working space on the first floor.

DSC_1937.jpg

The attic is pretty cramped. I but a microscale train landscape in here, with four micro trains. But they are not visible. Might take better pictures..

DSC_1914e.jpg

The house together with my Pet Shop.

DSC_1916e.jpg

The back of all the buildings.

Well, this is the end of the show.

I hope you enjoyed it :classic:

Enjoyed it? Certainly! It looks very good next to the Pet Shop buildings. The whole house is very nice, inside and out - both the architecture and the interior details are great. Well done :)

It's beautiful! :laugh: I love the interior. The only area I would tweak is the front of the building where the 1st and 2nd floors meet. It suffers from flat facade syndrome in that spot. Fantastic build. I hope there are more to come!

This is a nice house and it fits well with the Pet Shop. I like how you combined many bricks from HP Burrows into an 'ordinary' town house. The colour scheme is nice, and the interiors is great. I specifically like the roof and the combination of dark red and red slopes - it works well together. Well done, kciR. :thumbup:

Great looking modular 'kciR', nice brickwork patterning and clean though in places a little cramp interior (mainly the kitchen :blush: ). :classic:

Fits well with the pet shop set, excellent work 'kciR' and Brick On ! :classic:

What a nice little house. I love the interior and exterior. Great choise of colours. Looks absolutely great next to Pet Shop. Love to see how your street progresses.

Very nice addition to PetShop. But could easily fit in on every modular street. In my opinion PetShop has had a tuff welcome. It's not Green Grocer, but it really is a nice set, though it might be the least popular.

Sorry... back to you :wink: It's a very harmonic building, and the interior is very high standard. My favourit detail is the roof. The dual redish colour ads a touch of realism and the center windowdetail makes it finished :sweet:

NICE build!

Yes, I like the roof also, but I also like your design for the toilet. Did you get any pictures of those micro scale trains? Every attic needs a train set!

Thanks for all the positive feedback, I appreciate it :classic:

Did you get any pictures of those micro scale trains? Every attic needs a train set!

I didn't take any pictures of it, but I can take them of course. (You'll have to wait till Saturday, as I am in the front facade building and my MOC is in the back facade building (at my parents house) :wink: )

The only area I would tweak is the front of the building where the 1st and 2nd floors meet. It suffers from flat facade syndrome in that spot. Fantastic build. I hope there are more to come!

If you mean the part between the two nougat walls. I wanted to make it as realistic as possible, so I don't think I will add texture to this part. But thanks for the critics. About your last words, I can't promise, as I'm not planning a whole street. But to quote J. Bieber: Never say never!

When I saw the photographs of your MOC, I immediately thought that it was made by a Dutchman. A very recogniseable style, and a very nice house!

I agree, with its large windows and tall silhouette it is instantly recognizable as an old Dutch townhouse. I especially like the roof with the different colors and all the fine details, too.

Awesome job, keep it up! :thumbup:

Love the interiors, Nice toilet under the stairs :classic:

I especially loved the toilet under the stairs. Reminds me of some student digs I saw twenty years ago...