#1 SilentMode

SilentMode

• A bronzie that does not endorse whipping

Member: 10650

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

Posted Image
Here's what I did with the calendar set:

Posted Image

In designing it I wanted it to be compact and easy to reassemble, but at the same time not use a whole bunch of parts. The backbone of this design involves 2x2 jumper plates, along with this part, which hold the printed bricks together while allowing them to separate easily.

Also, the plate used on top not only holds everything together, but can be used to add a small display. Perhaps use table scraps to build a quick model, or show off one's latest acquisition of minifigures/dolls.

Of course, I got the inspiration to take on this challenge from darkdragon.

Edited by Rufus, 27 April 2012 - 07:15 PM.
Indexed

the infamous SilentMode
crowdfunding yet again for Project Swapfig - ends November 16 2013.
SilentMode.tv | Project Swapfig | @SilentMode1 | Brick Owl store | Flickr
"Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it." - Mahatma Gandhi

#2 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

• Destroyed Dreams of Super-Santa

Member: 14331

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

It's looking good. I like the month name on the side expecially. Would be nice to see a bit more scene on top but hey that's not what a calendar is really about anyway right?  :wink:

There are two things that bother me a bit, on the month name the single stud on either side of the tile - I think i'd just put a plate under that tile and then cheeze wedge on either side. Also some of the tiles above the days are tan and some are yellow - which might be because you ran out of yellow tan but just thought I'd mention it.

:classic:

#3 caperberry

caperberry

Member: 26894

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

Nice, it looks pretty smart! Great idea to turn the date bricks into a drawer.

I've been meaning to do my own custom calendar but the set has been sitting unused for months... feeling inspired again now
Posted Image

#4 Darth Hagrid

Darth Hagrid

Member: 21003

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

Wow, that's really nice! I'm not sure about the inclusion of Lloyd, but aside from that, it's amazing! :thumbup:
Darth Hagrid
Posted Image
All you need is Friends...

#5 SilentMode

SilentMode

• A bronzie that does not endorse whipping

Member: 10650

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

Thank you for the comments/feedback! I am waiting on some yellow jumper plates (I've used Tan ones in their place for the time being), and I'll be doing a little more with the calendar.
the infamous SilentMode
crowdfunding yet again for Project Swapfig - ends November 16 2013.
SilentMode.tv | Project Swapfig | @SilentMode1 | Brick Owl store | Flickr
"Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it." - Mahatma Gandhi

#6 caperberry

caperberry

Member: 26894

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

View PostSilentMode, on 26 March 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

Thank you for the comments/feedback! I am waiting on some yellow jumper plates (I've used Tan ones in their place for the time being), and I'll be doing a little more with the calendar.

I have a squillion from PAB walls if it's the 1x2s you need... but judging by your pic I'm guessing not.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users