• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chols

Chols

Member: 26216

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

Posted Image

Flickr | Brickshelf

I guess this moc needs a brief explanation...

I'm sure you're all familiar with the concept of a "selfmoc", a moc which serves as a persona for its creator.  It's a great concept really, though until now I had never been inspired to make one for myself.  Recently, I've had a growing interest in the furry fandom, a creative community based on the concept of anthropomorphic animals.  Furry personas, or fursonas, are very popular among furries.  So I thought it would be fun to take both concepts and combine them. :D

Anyway, yes, this is a moc of myself as a wolf.  I'm quite satisfied with the moc, but as a fursona, it's more of a beginning concept, which I intend to build upon later.  Also, this moc was designed to be both an anthro wolf and normal wolf.  This meant altering the body proportions a bit to accommodate both forms, but I believe the results were worth it.

That's all. Looking forward to your feedback. Love y'all. :3

#2 TheDesuComplex

TheDesuComplex

Member: 15094

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

Wow, what a nice moc! I definitely commend your integration of System parts for detailing!
Those claws are certainly nice and feel fitting to the style, and that head is quite wonderfully sculpted in the form of a wolf.
Lots of tiny plastic bits in tiny plastic bags!

#3 LewiMOC

LewiMOC

• Raise ur Bonkle

Member: 23845

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

It makes me happy to see him finished :D Really great detailing, especially on the paws/hands!

#4 optimus99

optimus99

Member: 23612

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

wow that is pretty cool. I like it standing but I think it looks a lot better crawling.

#5 Taaron

Taaron

Member: 4686

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Very nifty work!

I like how you used elements from the four building styles (System, Technic, Bionicle, and Hero Factory) to make such a filled in model. I also like how it has the ability to go between bipedal and quadruped forms.  

The only thing I'm a bit iffy on is the tail. It looks fine, but I worry the way it's been built might cause stress / damage on the pieces?

#6 Chols

Chols

Member: 26216

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:26 AM

View PostLewiMOC, on 21 March 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

It makes me happy to see him finished :D Really great detailing, especially on the paws/hands!
Aye, I'm very glad to have finally completed it too. :3  I'm also quite fond of the paws. That was where the moc originally started.  I was messing around with parts when I realized I could make a paw that resembled both a foot and a hand, and it all kinda flowed from there.

View Postoptimus99, on 22 March 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

wow that is pretty cool. I like it standing but I think it looks a lot better crawling.
Seems like most people prefer the quad form more. I guess that makes sense, as it looks a bit more consistent that way.  Personally I have no preference. I like it both ways. c:

View PostTaaron, on 25 March 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

Very nifty work!

I like how you used elements from the four building styles (System, Technic, Bionicle, and Hero Factory) to make such a filled in model. I also like how it has the ability to go between bipedal and quadruped forms.  

The only thing I'm a bit iffy on is the tail. It looks fine, but I worry the way it's been built might cause stress / damage on the pieces?

Actually, the connection on the tail is pretty lose (perhaps too loose, the axles are kinda falling out right now x_x), so there's very little stress on the sockets.  If you were to turn the beam inside the socket a lot (and I mean a LOT), you could risk breaking them, but it would take a significant amount of force, and you probably wouldn't even need to turn it that far.  It's actually a pretty good technique IMO; it's worth giving a shot (I recommend using liftarms instead of beams though, to avoid axles falling out).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users