Sign in to follow this  
Cristian I.

Price for Brickbeard's Bounty

Hello everyone! I apologise if I posted in the wrong place. I was wondering how much would you pay for a MISB 6243 Brickbeard's Bounty. At this moment, I could get one on Bricklink for 75GBP, plus 25GBP shipping to the UK. So a total of 160$/120euro including shipping. Now after I converted to US dolars it seems very expensive, but what do you think? Should I wait for a better price (maybe something in the UK so that I won't have to pay that much for postage)? Or do you think that these would actually become more expensive over time. Thank you!

Truthfully, it will probably continue to get more expensive over time.

As a former owner of the set, I think there are other ships for that price range you may like as well.

If you are looking for the BBB, it may be a good price to snag it at considering it is a pirate ship and it is retired (to my knowledge).

MSRP was $119.99 new US. Euro would have been more pricey anyway.

Truthfully, it will probably continue to get more expensive over time.

As a former owner of the set, I think there are other ships for that price range you may like as well.

If you are looking for the BBB, it may be a good price to snag it at considering it is a pirate ship and it is retired (to my knowledge).

MSRP was $119.99 new US. Euro would have been more pricey anyway.

Thank you, Cpt. Dan! I know there are better ships out there, but for MISB this is probably the best option. I could get Red Beard Runner for a similar price, but I don't like it , and the Armada Flagship which is too small for the price. It's funny, but I really feel the need of opening some Lego bags, because I could have purchased parts separately for a better price. This is what I do for the BSB at this moment, which is almost complete :)

I also intend to modify the BBB at some point, to make it look like a proper pirate ship.

If you really want the ship then at that price I think its a reasonable deal. There do seem to be MISB copies of Brickbeards Bounty still going but they frequently go for in excess of £130. Even used copies sell for not much less than you are planning to pay. I would agree that the BBB is a superior model to Red Beard Runner. If I were you I wouldn't wait for a better deal, with out of print sets you could be waiting for a long time...

If you really want the ship then at that price I think its a reasonable deal. There do seem to be MISB copies of Brickbeards Bounty still going but they frequently go for in excess of £130. Even used copies sell for not much less than you are planning to pay. I would agree that the BBB is a superior model to Red Beard Runner. If I were you I wouldn't wait for a better deal, with out of print sets you could be waiting for a long time...

Thank you, Brinstar! Well, I've just purchased the set. I still think it is a bit expensive, but I won't look back now. After all, I've been dreaming for 18 years to have a pirate ship. As I've mentioned, I am building the BSB (and other ships) brick by brick, but it is not the same feeling as opening a new set.

Regarding BBB, I have many ideas and I think it will look much better after a few improvements. Removing any appearance of the cartoonish skull, improving the masts, the bow, adding an anchor, strings...just to name a few. I will actually open a thread at some point, now I can't wait to get the ship :)