Price for Brickbeard's Bounty

4 replies to this topic  – Started by Cristian I. , Mar 20 2012 12:21 AM

#1 Cristian I.

Cristian I.

Member: 25364

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

Hello everyone! I apologise if I posted in the wrong place. I was wondering how much would you pay for a MISB 6243 Brickbeard's Bounty. At this moment, I could get one on Bricklink for 75GBP, plus 25GBP shipping to the UK. So a total of 160$/120euro including shipping. Now after I converted to US dolars it seems very expensive, but what do you think?  Should I wait for a better price (maybe something in the UK so that I won't have to pay that much for postage)? Or do you think that these would actually become more expensive over time. Thank you!

#2 Cpt. Dan

Cpt. Dan

Member: 10350

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:04 AM

Truthfully, it will probably continue to get more expensive over time.

As a former owner of the set, I think there are other ships for that price range you may like as well.

If you are looking for the BBB, it may be a good price to snag it at considering it is a pirate ship and it is retired (to my knowledge).

MSRP was $119.99 new US. Euro would have been more pricey anyway.
Youtube/Reviews and Customs

Flikr/Customs, Finds, and Pictures[/center]

#3 Cristian I.

Cristian I.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

View PostCpt. Dan, on 20 March 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

Truthfully, it will probably continue to get more expensive over time.

As a former owner of the set, I think there are other ships for that price range you may like as well.

If you are looking for the BBB, it may be a good price to snag it at considering it is a pirate ship and it is retired (to my knowledge).

MSRP was $119.99 new US. Euro would have been more pricey anyway.

Thank you, Cpt. Dan! I know there are better ships out there, but for MISB this is probably the best option. I could get Red Beard Runner for a similar price, but I don't like it , and the Armada Flagship which is too small for the price. It's funny, but I really feel the need of opening some Lego bags, because I could have purchased parts separately for a better price. This is what I do for the BSB at this moment, which is almost complete :)
I also intend to modify the BBB at some point, to make it look like a proper pirate ship.

#4 Brinstar

Brinstar

Member: 21451

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

If you really want the ship then at that price I think its a reasonable deal. There do seem to be MISB copies of Brickbeards Bounty still going but they frequently go for in excess of £130. Even used copies sell for not much less than you are planning to pay. I would agree that the BBB is a superior model to Red Beard Runner. If I were you I wouldn't wait for a better deal, with out of print sets you could be waiting for a long time...

#5 Cristian I.

Cristian I.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostBrinstar, on 20 March 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

If you really want the ship then at that price I think its a reasonable deal. There do seem to be MISB copies of Brickbeards Bounty still going but they frequently go for in excess of £130. Even used copies sell for not much less than you are planning to pay. I would agree that the BBB is a superior model to Red Beard Runner. If I were you I wouldn't wait for a better deal, with out of print sets you could be waiting for a long time...

Thank you, Brinstar! Well, I've just purchased the set. I still think it is a bit expensive, but I won't look back now. After all, I've been dreaming for 18 years to have a pirate ship. As I've mentioned, I am building the BSB (and other ships) brick by brick, but it is not the same feeling as opening a new set.
Regarding BBB, I have many ideas and I think it will look much better after a few improvements. Removing any appearance of the cartoonish skull, improving the masts, the bow, adding an anchor, strings...just  to name a few. I will actually open a thread at some point, now I can't wait to get the ship :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links