Legoroni

Reverse Engineering Help - 'Cheese Nose'

Are you talking about the part with the 1x1x2/3 slopes? If that's the case, one word: SNOT! I see an extensive use of modified 1x1 bricks with studs on side. I am not at home right now, so I can't make a mock-up using MLCad. I'm sure some helping soul will come along...

One thing though, if you have access to some lego CAD program (eg MLCad) then you could start by putting the parts you can see first and then try to fill the gaps...

Edited by Frank STENGEL

I had to work it out for my VIA Rail FP-9 project because the curved bricks were not readily available in yellow:

6782068735_5f71b859f4_b.jpg

You'll notice I shortened the nose by one stud. I felt it had better proportions that way but it's an easy matter to relenghten it if that's what you prefer by following LEGO's Santa Fe Super Chief instructions. I can send you the MLCad file if you want. Just send me an Email.

Here's the status of my VIA Rail project;

About 80% of the parts for the loco are gathered,

I've decided to make the cars 48 stubs long (two 6 x 24 train plates) even though it can't handle regular curves,

I've got a project to convert regular curves (of which everyone always ends up with four times as much as we need) to curves with a 56 stud radius. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Dan-147