Finally there is my contribution to "To sail the Technic sea" contest here. It is motor boat with outboard engine that features steering with turning steering wheel, adjustable trim and adjustable seats. I've built it as small as possible with use of only one set (8068) beacause I don't like mixing parts from different set together. It is pity that set 8068 doesn't contain lego steering wheel so I had to borrow it from other set.

8068_model_2-8-motor_boat.jpg

8068_model_2-9-motor_boat.jpg

Especially for this cotest I've added few funny features - rear frame and... water skier! I don't have any technic fig so I decided to build one out of ordinary liftarms and connectors - it is girl with two pigtails who looks like alien. :laugh: If I get any technic fig till contest deadline I will add new pictures with it.

8068_model_2-1-motor_boat.jpg

8068_model_2-2-motor_boat.jpg

8068_model_2-4-motor_boat.jpg

8068_model_2-5-motor_boat.jpg

Any comments or offers for lending me technic fig are welcomed. :wink:

@ Tomik: This is a nice alternate of the 8068 Rescue Helicopter set! TLG has not made a female Technic Figure, but you could possibly get a Lego "Friends" figure like "Stephanie" in your local store and put her on the waterskis: :wub:

5000245-1.jpg8068-1.jpg

Thank you all for your comments!

@ Tomik: This is a nice alternate of the 8068 Rescue Helicopter set! TLG has not made a female Technic Figure, but you could possibly get a Lego "Friends" figure like "Stephanie" in your local store and put her on the waterskis: :wub:

5000245-1.jpg

I am not sure that she is in same scale as boat but I will check shops.

Very nice.

Would love to see some pictures of the bottom.

Pictures of bottom:

8068_model_2-91-motor_boat.jpg

8068_model_2-92-motor_boat.jpg

I especially like the 3 rolls on the bottom of the boat which enable a easy moving. :sweet:

Great job :thumbup:

It's simply wonderful, moreover you had used parts from one set only (aaahhh that stearing wheel!)...

My compliments for this masterpiece that can definitely win the contest...and hopefully become a REAL small technic set...

I get red when I am reading last comments. :blush: Thank you very much!

It's simply wonderful, moreover you had used parts from one set only (aaahhh that stearing wheel!)...

My compliments for this masterpiece that can definitely win the contest...and hopefully become a REAL small technic set...

- Yes, lack of steering wheel in 8068 is bad but I've already found matching substitute for it - I've used half bush and winch drum that is very good with dressed little tire for making turning easier (I can add picture of it tomorrow).

- I think it will become real small technic set surely. You can buy set 8068 now to get all necesary parts. If you wait few weeks till I create building instruction you will be able to download them from buildinst and begin building. :wink: It is just pity that you will not see pictures of motor boat on 8068 box...

This makes me want to buy the 8069 set (again).

To buy the 8069 set?

I love this little boat. Its very elegant would make a great lego set.

after the beautiful A and B models, we finally also have a sea model for the 8068!

:laugh:

...and do you know about this model "C"?

8068_model_1-0a-plane.jpg

It is also my creation and you can build it with help of instruction on buildinst.