wooootles

MOC: Avenue Residences

indexed.gif B-OM-14E

THE AVENUE RESIDENCES

Hello all,

Here's my 2nd largest MOC yet, and an important piece in my WIP district: The Avenue Residences.

6990636539_e4118c2b58.jpg

Avenue Residences by wooootles, on Flickr

6990858479_354d2fbdbd.jpg

6990543717_41c06db495.jpg

6844407670_68816e6743.jpg

6844407282_e2c2a37450.jpg

Here are the floors:

1st floor: Ice Cream Shop (left), Sushi Bar and Grill (right)

6844403972_1c800463cd.jpg

2nd floor: Apt.1 1 b2, 1-1/2 bath

6990532181_3d97437f5e.jpg

3rd and 4th floor: Apt.e. 2 br, 2-1/2 bath! very upscale

6990535825_15b9af7e44.jpg

6844417958_41800d97c3.jpg

Random details!

6844406160_c5225ff835.jpg

6844405074_e9a7ba67e2.jpg

6844408918_ee623a41b4.jpg

6844413114_c1c1d5fa13.jpg

Notes:

-2nd largest MOC yet

-Sign in Sushi Bar is Hiragana for "Sushi"

-Can't cancel a middle floor like the standard for modulars: Each floor is different

-Similar building techniques compared to Midtown Condominiums, but a more varied facade

-will be integrated in The Wasabi District

Here's the rest of the images!

I would love to hear your opinions and/or suggestions, what do you guys think? Thanks for looking, as usual, and my flickr page is in my sig for more images!

Edited by Phred

Amazing. :laugh:

The building block residence alternate to plate effect buildings it's effective.

And I like very much the different depth, it avoid monotony.

I'm looking forward to see the rest of the wasabi district. :thumbup:

Beautiful and AWESOME 'wooootles' :excited: , every floor detailed and is that someone in a kitchen "planking" ? :laugh:

The exterior too is very well done, especially with the plated-brickwork patterning. :classic:

Brick On 'wooootles' ! :classic:

Great! :thumbup: Nice variations on the outside, and nice interiors, too.

Houses indeed become more interesting with more floors than the usual official Modulars...

I like how the walls are a different combination of 'materials' - some stone, wood, and most of all the grills in green and blue. Also, inlcuding blue plates for the wall is great. The facade looks amazing with these details. Furthermore, the whole building is full of interesting details. The parking slots are interesting, and the Sushi sign. And the interiors is just as mind blowing. It's simply amazing!

I absolutely love this. The amount of details and design of the whole avenue is just marvelous.

I love the brick work, balcony, fire escape, and modernness of the whole thing.

It really reminds me of a city atmosphere. :wub:

Thanks for the comments, everyone!!! Glad people like it so far.

Beautiful and AWESOME 'wooootles' :excited: , every floor detailed and is that someone in a kitchen "planking" ? :laugh:

Nah, she's just tired of moving in so she got drunk :laugh:

I like how the walls are a different combination of 'materials' - some stone, wood, and most of all the grills in green and blue. Also, inlcuding blue plates for the wall is great. The facade looks amazing with these details. Furthermore, the whole building is full of interesting details. The parking slots are interesting, and the Sushi sign. And the interiors is just as mind blowing. It's simply amazing!

Thanks! Sand Blue! I got them cheap, paid about 120 x $0.10 a piece and bought the lot out at Bricklink! Too bad its so rare.

Very realistic looking! Almost looks like a scale model of real thing from the first look. Great job!

Stunning!

The architecture, the details, the (subtle) colours, the interior - everything. This is an instant favourite - absolutely lovely to look at.

Now moving onto Flickr for some more photos...

Great addition to your Wasabi district. This is something I'd like to see from TLG. A mundane(to an extent) exterior apartment complex, Orin your case, live/work units. I don't mean mundane as a bad thing either, just that it's not busy(maybe a better word). No fancy signs, overhangs, ornate roofs, bright mish mash of colors, etc. Not that I don't like all that, it's just nice to get something different. I love all the interior details you have going here. That sushi bar is cool, complete with cook(read: Ninja :tongue:) at your table. Great job and I look forward to seeing the two combined.

Great MOC! :wub:

The outside is wonderful: the rooftop patio is completely original. :thumbup:

The internal details leaves me speechless: the Japanese restaurant is gorgeous and the photo with the chef who prepares sashimi is fun! :laugh:

Thanks all, glad peeps appreciate the exterior :D

Great addition to your Wasabi district. This is something I'd like to see from TLG. A mundane(to an extent) exterior apartment complex, Orin your case, live/work units. I don't mean mundane as a bad thing either, just that it's not busy(maybe a better word). No fancy signs, overhangs, ornate roofs, bright mish mash of colors, etc. Not that I don't like all that, it's just nice to get something different. I love all the interior details you have going here. That sushi bar is cool, complete with cook(read: Ninja :tongue:) at your table. Great job and I look forward to seeing the two combined.

I think I get what you mean, especially when you compare it to, say, a more ornate Cafe Corner or Market Street architecture :classic:

I tried to make it modern yet simple, and like my other big MOC, derived from modern American city style. :classic: They would go hand-in-hand well, I think.

Oh wow - what a magnificent MOC. I love everything about it. I can't stop browsing through the pictures

Great job here!

Your building is very pleasant to looke at.

There are some nice details, like the different kind of walls (I especially like the walls made of 1x2 plates, this kind of walls looks pretty good!).

The street is also well detailed, with trees, street lamps (the only parts that I'm not attracted...), timestamps...

And of course, you have put a lot of work inside too! there are some nice details and furniture to discover, making the final resut a very nice moc!

Congratulation!

Great MOC. I really like how you've combined all the different styles. They really make an harmonious whole. And even though it's predominantly light grey, all the architectural details and the plate-built walls break it up nicely.

Thanks for the comments and feedback!

From my count, I used about 6 facade styles in this building :sweet: Glad they worked together

Excellent work, really like the use of 1x2 plates on the exterior and also some great interior details. Well done!

I'm with everybody above on this. It is a fantastic piece of work. I really like how you've used grey elements, mixed in with a few others, avoiding monotony and creating textures - it could after all easily have become a grey box with windows, but you've avoided it beautifully!:thumbup:

Like everyone else already said, that's wonderful work! I really like your approach of a modern style modular. It's a welcome change from the style of art nouveau, neo classical and the like we see with most other modulars. My favourite detail are those plate-built walls, they add a lot to the building's appearance.

Thanks all! Now the bad news is that now I can't use the 1x2 plate spam technique on my next MOC :wacko:

Like everyone else already said, that's wonderful work! I really like your approach of a modern style modular. It's a welcome change from the style of art nouveau, neo classical and the like we see with most other modulars. My favourite detail are those plate-built walls, they add a lot to the building's appearance.

Thanks. And I agree, because of the more modern style of my WIP district (such as this one) I'm having trouble shoving my Cafe Corner near this guy :look: It might work better in another street... but that's discussion for my town now in general. But yes, I do try to somewhat differentiate from the true Cafe Corner-style fancy architecture.

Beautiful!

The external walls and internal details are both excellent!

I like the neat layout of the 2nd and the 3rd floor very much and especially love the angle you present them. The ice-cream shop sign and freezer are simple yet effective.

The balconies and stairs are elegant. Very cute-looking light tan sofa on the 3rd floor.

Great color selections.

WOW!

AMAZING

This is (as Chris Trager would say) Literaly my favourite Modular MOC, ever. That may be a bit of an overstatement, but I have just fallen in love with this MOC! :wub: From the supreme realism of the multi-colour/tetured sides, to the realistic shops, to the fully furnished interior, I'd say this trumps even DecoJim's skyscrapers in sheer awesomeness! I love the integration of the cars, the streetlamps, and the bathrooms on each floor! I've got more to say, just check out this in my Flickr Gallery.

Once again, amazing MOC!

Dakar

Edited by Dakar A