Jump to content


Topic Views


7 replies to this topic

#1 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

I just looked at a topic that I posted, and it has 4 replies, but 0 views. :wacko:
What, then, is meant by "view"?

#2 Rick

Rick

  • Subtle like a hammer


    Posts: 7834
    Joined: 11-February 09
    Member: 5261
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostLEGOman273, on 17 March 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

I just looked at a topic that I posted, and it has 4 replies, but 0 views. :wacko:
What, then, is meant by "view"?
They're not updated in real time as far as I know. So, for new topics, the views are often 0 for some time, even though there are replies.

#3 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostRick, on 17 March 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

They're not updated in real time as far as I know. So, for new topics, the views are often 0 for some time, even though there are replies.
That explains it. Thanks.

#4 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

    Posts: 1610
    Joined: 20-February 12
    Member: 26763
    Country: Canada

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

I've noticed the same thing in lots of topics. It's too bad they're not updated in real time, but at least the confusion is solved!

Posted Image


#5 Bonaparte

Bonaparte

  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14451
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

View Postpurpleparadox, on 17 March 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

It's too bad they're not updated in real time, but at least the confusion is solved!
Updating them in real time is possible, but it would be more resource demanding on the server. That's why we introduced this delay a long time ago when server power was an issue. I will look into changing the setting so it's again updated in real time.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#6 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

Also if ten people look at a brand new thread and all ten of them reply to said topic, then there are ten replies and zero views, I think a view is only counted if the viewer doesn't post.

#7 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostBonaparte, on 17 March 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Updating them in real time is possible, but it would be more resource demanding on the server. That's why we introduced this delay a long time ago when server power was an issue. I will look into changing the setting so it's again updated in real time.
I just noticed (because of my "Teaser For My Next MOC" thread) that topic views are now in real time. :classic:
Thanks to the Mods/Admins that did this. :thumbup:

#8 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

    Posts: 4447
    Joined: 12-August 10
    Member: 12542
    Country: USA(California)

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostBig Cam, on 17 March 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

Also if ten people look at a brand new thread and all ten of them reply to said topic, then there are ten replies and zero views, I think a view is only counted if the viewer doesn't post.
Ah. That makes sense. I've always wondered this as well...
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users