The Hunger Games

61 replies to this topic

#1 Fives

Fives

• Makes structured rants

Member: 15059

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

With the fast approaching release of the film, I was surprised to find that no one had started a topic about this! I just read the book last week, and am completely ecstatic about it! So, what do people think? What do other fans expect from the film?
"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them!"

Posted Image

#2 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

Well, having read all three books myself, I know that certain things aren't going in a PG-13 movie.  :laugh:  I was also rather surprised when I saw how many of the fans were girls.  (Nothing against them.)  But it looks to be a fairly good movie and I've heard they're making all three books into separate movies.  And the third book is going to be two movies, just what I've heard, which seems rather stupid if you ask me, there's not enough material there.
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 47 In Heroica RPG, In The Hall
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#3 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

• Destroyed Dreams of Super-Santa

Member: 14331

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

The books are young adult, age 12 and up so I really don't think there will be need to cut much if anything for a pg 13 rating. most of the cuts will be for time or budget or "creative reasons".

I'm pretty excited for the movie and get updates from my niece on everything that comes out in regard to the movie ( who is 13 and keeps up on it via imdb and podcasts!).

#4 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 15 March 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

Well, having read all three books myself, I know that certain things aren't going in a PG-13 movie.  :laugh: I was also rather surprised when I saw how many of the fans were girls.  (Nothing against them.)  But it looks to be a fairly good movie and I've heard they're making all three books into separate movies.  And the third book is going to be two movies, just what I've heard, which seems rather stupid if you ask me, there's not enough material there.
I was a bit surprised by that as well. I love the books. My brother gave me a copy of the first book late last year. I couldn't get enough of it, I just couldn't put it down. I ended up reading the whole series in a month. I'm just about done with the first book for the third time. I am so excited for tis movie, in fact, I don't think I have been more excited for one. The one thing I hope not to do to the point where it ruins the experience for me, is point out what they did wrong in my head. There's a great site that is hosting a bunch of videos about the premieres and interviews with the stars and director. If it's ok with the mods, I'll post it.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#5 surrideo

surrideo

Member: 21137

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

View Postdarkdragon, on 15 March 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

The books are young adult, age 12 and up so I really don't think there will be need to cut much if anything for a pg 13 rating. most of the cuts will be for time or budget or "creative reasons".

I'm pretty excited for the movie and get updates from my niece on everything that comes out in regard to the movie ( who is 13 and keeps up on it via imdb and podcasts!).

In the UK they have had to cut 7s of material, mainly blood splashes for it to get the 12A rating. Give or take the same as your PG-13 rating.

I know very little of the books but the trailer has really impressed me, had no idea what a big deal the books were. The premise reminds me a little of the Running Man but I look forward to seeing it in a couple of weeks.

#6 Sir_Basil_Ashton

Sir_Basil_Ashton

Member: 23619

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

I too was pretty impressed by the trailer and my wife is urging me to read the book before the movie is released.

#7 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

View Postdarkdragon, on 15 March 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

How to put this lightly....let's just say there are some nude scenes that aren't going in and that's what I meant.  :wink:
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral

#8 K-Nut

K-Nut

Member: 19691

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

I've read all three books as well, and must say they're fantastic.

Well, having read all three books myself, I know that certain things aren't going in a PG-13 movie. :laugh:
That's probably why there are so many girls! They're hoping for something. :poke:
My Collection

Posted Image

Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 40.4 Necromancer: Stats

#9 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostK-nut, on 15 March 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

That's probably why there are so many girls! They're hoping for something. :poke:
But they're all girl nude scenes.  (At least in the books.)  :tongue:
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral

#10 K-Nut

K-Nut

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 15 March 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

But they're all girl nude scenes.  (At least in the books.)  :tongue:
I remember a few male nude scenes, like Haymitch and the puke in the beginning of Hunger Games while on the train. And from what I've heard from others and plot analysis', the movie seems like it's staying very true to the book.
My Collection

Posted Image

#11 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

View PostK-nut, on 15 March 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

I remember a few male nude scenes, like Haymitch and the puke in the beginning of Hunger Games while on the train. And from what I've heard from others and plot analysis', the movie seems like it's staying very true to the book.
Yes, but I don't expect to see that sort of stuff in a PG-13 movie!  Hopefully it'll be like the LotR movies, close enough to the books but a good movie too. :sweet:
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral

#12 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

Ah yeah i forgot about those scenes. Yeah they won't show anything like that but I wouldn't be surprised if they lead up to it and just don't actually "show" anything. you know like in Austin Powers  :wink:

#13 The Legonater

The Legonater

• Can NOT Ctrl + Alt + Delete the Past

Member: 8515

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

I have to say, I was hesitating in reading this. I'm surprised at the quality, for it being such a modern-book. I do have a few complains- the first have was too fast, with very little description- but other than that it was a good, interesting read. I still have yet to read the other two.

Memory is the Key

A Christian and not ashamed.

Posted Image
Dyric Rone, Assassin of the Light

Level 28 1/3 Assassin

Theodor Legion, 73 year old ex-Bonaparte in Cruel Angel's Thesis

#14 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

View PostLegocrazy81, on 15 March 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

There's a great site that is hosting a bunch of videos about the premieres and interviews with the stars and director. If it's ok with the mods, I'll post it.

Go ahead and post the link, I don't see a problem with this.

#15 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

View Postdarkdragon, on 15 March 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

Ah yeah i forgot about those scenes. Yeah they won't show anything like that but I wouldn't be surprised if they lead up to it and just don't actually "show" anything. you know like in Austin Powers  :wink:
Yeah, or they could throw some simple dress on them.
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral

#16 Darth Hagrid

Darth Hagrid

Member: 21003

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

And the third book is going to be two movies, just what I've heard, which seems rather stupid if you ask me, there's not enough material there.
According to an interview I read, that is something the studio is trying to force on them, not something they actually want to do.
Darth Hagrid
Posted Image
All you need is Friends...

#17 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostDarth Hagrid, on 16 March 2012 - 01:47 AM, said:

According to an interview I read, that is something the studio is trying to force on them, not something they actually want to do.
Yeah, with the original company that was going to make the LotR movies with Peter, they wanted to do two movies and combine the last two books.  It seems odd to be splitting the last one up.
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral

#18 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

Member: 20608

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostMasked Builder, on 16 March 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

Yeah, with the original company that was going to make the LotR movies with Peter, they wanted to do two movies and combine the last two books.  It seems odd to be splitting the last one up.
It's because all the big movie franchises are doing it. Harry Potter, Twilight, etc. They think that it'll get more popularity if it's split up into more movies. :hmpf:
Dak Shadeaux, Level 15 Black Knight
HP: 30/30 Ether: 0/0
SP: 12 Power: 25 (20 for ranged attacks)
Gold: 3 Artifacts: Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was inflicted to a party member last)*protects from badly poisoned-effect*, Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Pheonix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine.

#19 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:02 AM

View Postdarkdragon, on 15 March 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

Go ahead and post the link, I don't see a problem with this.
Ok, it's mockingjay . net. On the homepage, theres a lot of videos with interviews from the cast and director. 3 of the mod team went to the premiere in LA and talked about how it was really true to the book. One even said it was the most like the book movie she'd seen.

#20 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

View PostDarth Nihilus, on 16 March 2012 - 02:37 AM, said:

It's because all the big movie franchises are doing it. Harry Potter, Twilight, etc. They think that it'll get more popularity if it's split up into more movies. :hmpf:
Yeah, but that's a really bad reason.  Or money.  People do all sorts of stupid things to get money.
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral

#21 K-Nut

K-Nut

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 17 March 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

Yeah, but that's a really bad reason.  Or money.  People do all sorts of stupid things to get money.
Exactly, look at TLG for instance! :tongue:
My Collection

Posted Image

#22 Kryne

Kryne

Member: 20558

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Just got home from midnight screening of this, having read the book, i was disapointed a little, but overall it was a really good movie. Was very true to the story line in the Arena though

#23 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostKryne, on 21 March 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

Just got home from midnight screening of this, having read the book, i was disapointed a little, but overall it was a really good movie. Was very true to the story line in the Arena though
Lucky.  :tongue:  Now I want to go see it even more this weekend.  :laugh:
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral

#24 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:35 AM

View PostKryne, on 21 March 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

Jealous! :cry_happy: I gotta wait til Tuesday to see it with my dad. Then going again Saturday with brother and friends. I'm pretty excited.

#25 Cwertle

Cwertle

Member: 20829

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

I just borrowed the first book last night and finished the whole thing.  :laugh:
Great book, cant wait to see the movie.

"Anybody can build with Lego, some of us just cant stop."

My brickset
      http://www.brickset....ownedBy=cwertle

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users