LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

5501 replies to this topic

#3526 Professor Flitwick

Professor Flitwick

• F@$*wit Ferret

Member: 1318

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

Never heard of Iron Fist, at first I thought he was Electro, or the Vulture! :blush:

I think Doc Ock looks odd. Will probably stick to my Spiderman 2 sets version of Doc Ock. :sceptic:

View PostMacoco, on 29 March 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

I think he was mentioned as a confirmed minifig in the press release by TLG?

The press release didn't mention Iron Fist. Maybe they were swapped?

I'm Agnostic and ambivalent about it.

Posted Image

#3527 thomaslam2

thomaslam2

Member: 27361

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:49 AM

View PostYangHao6998, on 30 March 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

Hopefully we will get a Venom set!  :classic:

I do agree!!! I've been waiting for a venom minifigure since Spider-Man 3.

#3528 GRogall

GRogall

• Firmly in place and absolutely straight

Member: 2674

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

Here is the MARVEL Super Heroes poster without the MTV logo.....

Posted Image

I will be getting a super HR version soon.
stay tuned

But here is also a nice comparison shot

Posted Image

Posted Image

Picture link to HR version

Edited by GRogall, 30 March 2012 - 10:23 AM.

Posted Image

#3529 Ceroknight

Ceroknight

• Straight Up Cero!

Member: 12949

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

Thank you GRogall!
Looking at the comparison picture, the Black Widow minifigure's hair seem a bit long... :sceptic:

Edited by Ceroknight, 30 March 2012 - 10:39 AM.

Ceroknight
Posted Image Posted Image
Photo by Librarian-bot:His Fantastic Deviantart page
Brickset  Flickr

#3530 Mr. Elijah Timms

Mr. Elijah Timms

Member: 9973

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

Alright then, I'll be the first to ask... "WHY IRON FIST??"
Sure, the figure looks interesting enough, and the fact that we're already getting B to C-list heroes gives optimism that we're in for a long and bountiful line of Marvel and DC characters, not just the icons of each brand.

But dude... think of all of the Marvel heroes that will have come second to... Iron Fist???  Daredevil, the Punisher, the X-men, etc etc etc.  Kinda mind-boggling.

I haven't read comics in years, mind you, and I've never read "Ultimate Spider-Man."  Does Iron Fist play a larger part in that version of the story?

EVERYTHING IS OVERPRICED I MEAN AWESOME!!!

#3531 phanstasm

phanstasm

Member: 21477

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

Thanks to everyone for the pictures!

Iron Fist is such a surprise, and a welcome addition! I do like all three figures. However, I can understand why people would have preferred a more classic Doc Ock.
Also, it's great to see that the Spidey set is proven to based on the new cartoon. If Warner/DC sees Disney/Marvel using Lego to market its television shows, we may see some DC sets based on contemporary Warner cartoons: Young Justice, Green Lantern the Animated Series, Beware the Batman. Lego Aqualad, Superboy, Kilowog, and Atrocitus anyone?  :classic:

View Postprateek, on 29 March 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

But I do laugh at everyone that was so certain Nick Fury was in this set:
HAHAHA :laugh:  :grin:
Hey, come on, we were half right  :classic: . We guessed that the set would be based on the new Spidey cartoon, and it is. Fury is a large part of that cartoon, so the logic was there.

View PostMacoco, on 30 March 2012 - 08:31 AM, said:

I never really agreed with that "assumption" either, with the new Avengers film coming out and Nick Fury being a pivotal character in that film, why would TLG produce a comic book version and put him in a Spiderman set? :shrug_confused:
Since the "Sam Jackson" Fury is the look for both the Spidey cartoon and Avengers movie, it could have worked. That Nick Fury minifigure in the above poster could work equally well in an Avengers set or a set based on the new Spidey cartoon.
I always thought it was possible because of cross marketing. If you have kids interested in the Avengers movie, but not Spidey, how do you get them to buy the Spidey set? By putting Fury in the Spidey set. Now they have to buy the Spidey set to complete their Avengers movie collection of minifigures.
Legally it would have been okay, since Fury is featured in both the Avengers movie and Spidey cartoon.

Edited by phanstasm, 30 March 2012 - 02:47 PM.

#3532 surrideo

surrideo

Member: 21137

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

I see on twitter that the Spiderman set isn't due for release until August(official Lego tweet). Wonder when we will get to see the set then?

#3533 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

This hasn't been talk of much but we could be looking a new Star Wars style theme here everyone.....The Avengers will a trilogy !
*oh2*
Some interesting reading can be done here.....Marvel Cinematic Universe

#3534 thomaslam2

thomaslam2

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

View PostCeroknight, on 30 March 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

Thank you GRogall!
Looking at the comparison picture, the Black Widow minifigure's hair seem a bit long... :sceptic:

Sadly, I think Black Widow is the worst Avengers minifigure because it doesn't match up with the movie version at all. Missing her belt "Widow logo" is a huge mistake.
Posted Image

This hasn't been talk of much but we could be looking a new Star Wars style theme here everyone.....The Avengers will a trilogy !
*oh2*
Some interesting reading can be done here.....Marvel Cinematic Universe

There is no surprise at all that they will make a trilogy:D But Who will be in it is the big question. I really want them to link the upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man into Marvel Cinematic Universe. If they don't, they will waste an great opportunity for a reboot.

Edited by thomaslam2, 30 March 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#3535 phanstasm

phanstasm

Member: 21477

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostMr. Elijah Timms, on 30 March 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

Alright then, I'll be the first to ask... "WHY IRON FIST??"
Sure, the figure looks interesting enough, and the fact that we're already getting B to C-list heroes gives optimism that we're in for a long and bountiful line of Marvel and DC characters, not just the icons of each brand.

But dude... think of all of the Marvel heroes that will have come second to... Iron Fist???  Daredevil, the Punisher, the X-men, etc etc etc.  Kinda mind-boggling.

I haven't read comics in years, mind you, and I've never read "Ultimate Spider-Man."  Does Iron Fist play a larger part in that version of the story?
It's not so much the Ultimate comic as the new Ultimate cartoon that you have to look at. The Ultimate Spidey comics are a separate entity from the new Ultimate Spidey cartoon. Though the comic might inspire the cartoon, they're not always the same. The Doc Ock designs are a good example. I remember he wore a coat in the Ultimate comics, as shown by Marvel Select action figure released a few years ago (as shown here: http://i.toynewsi.co..._scaled_800.jpg ). In the Ultimate Spidey cartoon, Doc Ock's main wardrobe is that battle armor, as shown by the Lego minifigure.

They used Iron Fist because he appears in the cartoon. You can see him in this image here:
Posted Image

The other guys you mentioned, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Men, may or may not be in the cartoon. We've seen Doctor Doom is in the cartoon, though, so maybe a Doctor Doom minifigure is in our future.

Edited by phanstasm, 30 March 2012 - 02:48 PM.

#3536 Mr. Elijah Timms

Mr. Elijah Timms

Member: 9973

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

I'll tell you another thing... the more I look at that comparison between the live action Avengers and their Lego counterparts, I wish TLG had used GOLD ARMS FOR IRON MAN, with Red Hands.  The arms just look so underwhelming for an otherwise impressive figure.

EVERYTHING IS OVERPRICED I MEAN AWESOME!!!

#3537 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

Member: 22977

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

View Postphanstasm, on 30 March 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

Thanks to everyone for the pictures!

Iron Fist is such a surprise, and a welcome addition! I do like all three figures. However, I can understand why people would have preferred a more classic Doc Oc.
Also, it's great to see that the Spidey set is proven to based on the new cartoon. If Warner/DC sees Disney/Marvel using Lego to market its television shows, we may see some DC sets based on contemporary Warner cartoons: Young Justice, Green Lantern the Animated Series, Beware the Batman. Lego Aqualad, Superboy, Kilowog, and Atrocitus anyone?  :classic:

Hey, come on, we were half right  :classic: . We guessed that the set would be based on the new Spidey cartoon, and it is. Furry is a large part of that cartoon, so the logic was there.

Since the "Sam Jackson" Furry is the look for both the Spidey cartoon and Avengers movie, it could have worked. That Nick Furry minifigure in the above poster could work equally well in an Avengers set or a set based on the new Spidey cartoon.
I always thought it was possible because of cross marketing. If you have kids interested in the Avengers movie, but not Spidey, how do you get them to buy the Spidey set? By putting Furry in the Spidey set. Now they have to buy the Spidey set to complete their Avengers movie collection of minifigures.
Legally it would have been okay, since Furry is a very important part of both the Avengers movie and Spidey cartoon.
Furry? :look:

#3538 Algernon

Algernon

• Not a Doofus

Member: 2558

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

View Postthomaslam2, on 30 March 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

Sadly, I think Black Widow is the worst Avengers minifigure because it doesn't match up with the movie version at all. Missing her belt "Widow logo" is a huge mistake.
Posted Image

Perhaps. But I collect minifigs based on how cool they are, not really how accurate they are.  :laugh: Still looking forward to adding her to my collection.

#3539 CorneliusMurdock

CorneliusMurdock

• Adorable

Member: 9860

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostLEGOman273, on 30 March 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

You quoted all of that to just to make fun of a typo?  Please stick to the topic at hand.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#3540 jonwil

jonwil

Member: 1239

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

View Postthomaslam2, on 30 March 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

I really want them to link the upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man into Marvel Cinematic Universe. If they don't, they will waste an great opportunity for a reboot.
Not going to happen because Sony has the movie rights to the Spider-Man universe, not Marvel Films.

#3541 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

Wow, Spidey looks pretty good, now if we can only get a Fury fig.....  I need some of these sets now.

View PostCorneliusMurdock, on 30 March 2012 - 03:55 AM, said:

My order from Walmart left the warehouse and still sets the arrival window as this Sat-Wed.  I have to stop myself from checking the tracking site every five minutes.
I can't blame you, I would do it to.  :tongue:
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 47 In Heroica RPG, In The Hall
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#3542 thomaslam2

thomaslam2

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

View Postjonwil, on 30 March 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

Not going to happen because Sony has the movie rights to the Spider-Man universe, not Marvel Films.

That is a sad fact, but I still have hope on this until the film comes out:D Marvel Cinematic Universe without Spider-Man seems like missing something.

Edited by thomaslam2, 30 March 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#3543 BigHobbit

BigHobbit

• Krang Encyclopedia

Member: 12520

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

View Postsurrideo, on 30 March 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

I see on twitter that the Spiderman set isn't due for release until August(official Lego tweet). Wonder when we will get to see the set then?

Interesting...and if the Spider-man set is on hold until August, is that the ONLY Lego Superhero set coming out in August, or could there be more? (Of course, it's the only set with minifig pics showing up on the back of the Lego comics, etc.) Hmmm... Now I even wonder whether this is a Lego exclusive like we all previously believed, or if it's just shipping separately.

#3544 Clone OPatra

Clone OPatra

• Plate-Removing Addict

Member: 5070

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostBigHobbit, on 30 March 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

Now I even wonder whether this is a Lego exclusive like we all previously believed, or if it's just shipping separately.
It's not going to be a Lego exclusive no matter what.  I imagine it will be a Lego Hard to Find, which means in some countries it is only sold at a certain retailer.  I'm also skeptical that it will actually come out at such a later time.  Nobody really knew about the Funhouse, but it popped up with the rest.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Posted Image

#3545 CallMePie

CallMePie

• DAMN Heroica badass

Member: 7199

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostClone O, on 30 March 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

It's not going to be a Lego exclusive no matter what.  I imagine it will be a Lego Hard to Find, which means in some countries it is only sold at a certain retailer.  I'm also skeptical that it will actually come out at such a later time.  Nobody really knew about the Funhouse, but it popped up with the rest.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Isn't an Exclusive just that, a set released at certain retailers?  :wacko: And I was under the impression the Funhouse was an Exclusive as well...
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 34 Regulator in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 5 Barbarian in Sandy's Heroica RPG

#3546 Clone OPatra

Clone OPatra

• Plate-Removing Addict

Member: 5070

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostCallMePieOrDie, on 30 March 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

Isn't an Exclusive just that, a set released at certain retailers?  :wacko: And I was under the impression the Funhouse was an Exclusive as well...
No, by Lego's system Exlusives are sets only sold by Lego and at Lego retail stores (and sometimes Legoland parks).  Hard to Find sets are released at certain retailers.
Posted Image

#3547 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

Member: 22977

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostCorneliusMurdock, on 30 March 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

You quoted all of that to just to make fun of a typo?  Please stick to the topic at hand.
Sorry. I should have commented on the topic as well. :blush:

Was Green Lantern mentioned in the DC press release?

Edited by LEGOman273, 30 March 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#3548 Tommy Day

Tommy Day

Member: 27643

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

My Wolverine and Captain America sets came in today and I'm so pumped.  It's been hard to keep working with those boxes sitting on my desk, so I had to open them and at least put the minifigs together.

Here's a quick shot of Wolverine I took on my phone.  Love this minifig.

Posted Image

#3549 djmangunz

djmangunz

Member: 3834

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

View Postphanstasm, on 30 March 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

The other guys you mentioned, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Men, may or may not be in the cartoon. We've seen Doctor Doom is in the cartoon, though, so maybe a Doctor Doom minifigure is in our future.

Have to agree that Lego tying their sets to cartoons is a great opportunity for us to get obscure (read:fantastic) mini-figs we wouldn't normally get. Doctor Doom would be pure win.

Found the Cap. America set today at my friendly local Target (located in Dayton Ohio for those keeping track) I had the boys in red check the back to see if any of the other sets were hidden away. Sadly no, so it sounds like Monday may be the earliest that particular Target would get the other sets.
One does not simply walk into Mordor. Sighs. (Shakes head disgustedly)

#3550 surrideo

surrideo

Member: 21137

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostTommy Day, on 30 March 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

My Wolverine and Captain America sets came in today and I'm so pumped.  It's been hard to keep working with those boxes sitting on my desk, so I had to open them and at least put the minifigs together.

Here's a quick shot of Wolverine I took on my phone.  Love this minifig.

Picked this set up myself today, if the Cap set gets a wee bit cheaper I'll probably pick it up but this set and the Loki cosmic cube set are good value for minifigs and what the set comprises

Edit: May be slight heresy linking to another site but they seem to be doing a "slow reveal/tease" review of the Quinjet

My link

Edited by surrideo, 30 March 2012 - 06:14 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users