LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

5501 replies to this topic

#1376 CorneliusMurdock

CorneliusMurdock

• Adorable

Member: 9860

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

FBTB has a review of the Superman set.  Link Here! Lots of pictures.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#1377 GuntherThePenguin

GuntherThePenguin

Member: 21862

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:24 PM

View PostCorneliusMurdock, on 12 December 2011 - 02:43 PM, said:

THank you for pointing this out! I cannot wait to get this set!

#1378 Werlu Ulcur

Werlu Ulcur

Member: 22168

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

Awesome set! It's on my to get list.
And I agree with the author, it should be WW rescuing SM, and not the opposite. Well, at least that's how I'll set it up.

Posted Image

Cheers!
L
uciano

#1379 Hobbestimus

Hobbestimus

Member: 22718

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

View PostCorneliusMurdock, on 12 December 2011 - 02:43 PM, said:

Thanks for the link. I am so excited for this set.

#1380 Stormer13

Stormer13

Member: 20321

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

That fun house is top priority on my wants list but is it an exclusive or just a late picture release of the box art?
Hoping for Flash and green lantern figures Please Lego we must have them.

#1381 Super Fish Oil

Super Fish Oil

Member: 19588

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

View PostStormer13, on 12 December 2011 - 05:01 PM, said:

That fun house is top priority on my wants list but is it an exclusive or just a late picture release of the box art?

It's Hard to Find, according to Shop@Home. :classic:

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." –Chinese Proverb

Posted Image

#1382 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

View PostSuperficial Username, on 12 December 2011 - 08:45 PM, said:

It's Hard to Find, according to Shop@Home. :classic:
And for those in the USA, S@H 15th December, yep and us Aussies must wait and wait. :cry_sad:
Now thanks also to our regulator from the FBTB link for the Superman set....oh, I join the chorus and say I too can't wait for this set....even just for the three AWESOME minifigs.  :grin:

#1383 Lothos

Lothos

Member: 19956

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

View Postlightningtiger, on 12 December 2011 - 08:59 PM, said:

And for those in the USA, S@H 15th December, yep and us Aussies must wait and wait. :cry_sad:
Now thanks also to our regulator from the FBTB link for the Superman set....oh, I join the chorus and say I too can't wait for this set....even just for the three AWESOME minifigs.  :grin:

I hate to sound like a negative nancy, but if I could I'd return the superman set. I wasn't too impressed with supes ww or lex. Its basically the gangster suit with a fleshy head on top of it. The superman hair piece is unique and all but really, what's the point? They don't have a fleshy glasses head ((as far as I can tell)) that's not Harry Potter, so Ic an't make a Clark Kent, unless I went earth 1 style, but even then, eh. Sure, the mech's cool ((It's really just a recolored atlantis tank minus the tank transforming part)) The kryptonite blaster is cool, Wonder Woman's Lasso look really cheap, and kinda dumb if it's not being used in an action pose. I do sort of regret spending 21 bucks on it...BUT it's a superman. So what the heck.

Catwoman with cycle is neat, I like the new batman, the blue cape thing was my only real problem, the cycle is a carbon copy of the previous, the jet pack is cool but needs to have a black counterpart. The street scene will be added to a moc I'm working on ((finally got the town house done, ish jkust need a roof and the interior)).

It's neat, but I'd want to wait for the second wave this summer. Hopefully Green Lantern will pop up, until it's copies of older sets with a kid friendlier approach.

I will be buying the batcave, The bruce wayne is a must have as is the new robin mask ((Not pleased that it's double sided)) and maybe the batcycle is cooler then it looks. I really doubt it but we'll find out soon enough.

If you have the money go for the Superman set. Just my two cents.
Hey, I have a flickr page, shameless plug is shameless! http://www.flickr.co...s/66948913@N02/

#1384 Super Fish Oil

Super Fish Oil

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:31 PM

View PostLothos, on 12 December 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

I hate to sound like a negative nancy, but if I could I'd return the superman set. I wasn't too impressed with supes ww or lex. Its basically the gangster suit with a fleshy head on top of it. The superman hair piece is unique and all but really, what's the point? They don't have a fleshy glasses head ((as far as I can tell)) that's not Harry Potter, so Ic an't make a Clark Kent, unless I went earth 1 style, but even then, eh. Sure, the mech's cool ((It's really just a recolored atlantis tank minus the tank transforming part)) The kryptonite blaster is cool, Wonder Woman's Lasso look really cheap, and kinda dumb if it's not being used in an action pose. I do sort of regret spending 21 bucks on it...BUT it's a superman. So what the heck.

If you have the money go for the Superman set. Just my two cents.

I don't really like the Superman figure, mostly because the hair looks weird and the face has some lines which make him look kind of old...I do like Wonder Woman, I'd like to use Luthor's suit for a pre-scarred Harvey Dent, and his face is fairly generic too. The mech also has some nice Joker-friendly parts (in fact, you could just put Joker in it and refer to the kryptonite as his laughing gas). I do plan on getting it eventually, but it would probably be the last Super Heroes set I'll get, except for maybe the Batwing (I like the Batwing, but Joker's helicopter is meh and I think it's pretty pricey for what it is).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the set. :classic:

Oh, and about a flesh glasses head, this is the best thing I could come up with, but it's not the best:
Posted Image
Credit for the picture goes to Huw at Brickset.com.

It's neat, but I'd want to wait for the second wave this summer. Hopefully Green Lantern will pop up, until it's copies of older sets with a kid friendlier approach.

Yeah, you're probably right. I don't mind though because the only thing I have from the Batman line is a Killer Croc minifigure I got in a bag of loose LEGOs.

...is a must have as is the new robin mask ((Not pleased that it's double sided)) and maybe the batcycle is cooler then it looks. I really doubt it but we'll find out soon enough.

Really? may I ask why?

On another note, I do agree with the idea that Wonder Woman should be the one rescuing Superman, I think she'd have a better chance at defeating a kryptonite powered mech. :wink:

Edited by Superficial Username, 12 December 2011 - 10:33 PM.

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." –Chinese Proverb

Posted Image

#1385 tj19941994

tj19941994

Member: 15207

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

My poison Ivy and Catwoman came in the mail today. These are awesome figs.

#1386 CorneliusMurdock

CorneliusMurdock

• Adorable

Member: 9860

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:12 AM

In case anyone missed the Frontpage article, Hinckley has done a great, in depth, and hilarious review of the Superman set.  Link!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#1387 VenVoi

VenVoi

Member: 13464

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:12 AM

All of the Super Heroes sets and constraction figures (except for the Superman and the Batcave sets) are up for pre-order on the US Shop-At-Home site. Two-Face Chase is actually listed as available for purchase! The minimum purchase for free shipping has also been lowered to $49!

I ordered/pre-ordered the Two-Face, Funhouse, and Catwoman sets :laugh:

#1388 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:53 AM

FBTB has a review of the 6864 The Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase up.  A nice enough set.  I still want the Batcave though.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 43.8 In Heroica RPG, On Quest #102
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#1389 Blondie-Wan

Blondie-Wan

• Honest as Abe

Member: 5831

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:52 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 14 December 2011 - 02:53 AM, said:

FBTB has a review of the 6864 The Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase up.  A nice enough set.  I still want the Batcave though.

Holy cats, according to the review the set includes the new brick separator (!). Is it going to be routinely included in sets now?

#1390 Mr. Elijah Timms

Mr. Elijah Timms

Member: 9973

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

Maybe that brick separator's to help get the coin out of TwoFace's hand... have you guys tried pulling off one of those new 1x1 round tiles yet??

EVERYTHING IS OVERPRICED I MEAN AWESOME!!!

#1391 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

These guys are on the move!  They've posted a review of 6863 Batwing Battle Over Gotham City.  And the Superman set is available for purchase from LEGO.com.  Where is that batcave?!
Alexis Fenral

#1392 Algernon

Algernon

• Not a Doofus

Member: 2558

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

That guy seemed pretty harsh on the Batwing. I don't think it looked that bad at all. A little flat maybe, but still decent.

#1393 TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder

• Benji! Did you hear? I'm a Bwobwic Human

Member: 19700

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

Thanks for linking the reviews Masked Builder. Their views on the Batwing set are quite similar to mine, although I can't help but disagree about the Batmobile. I love it. Okay I admit I would of preferred the Tumbler, but I do love the Batmobile.
Romulus Dean in Heroica RPG.

#1394 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:55 PM

Well, I think I'm leaning towards the Funhouse set rather than the Batcave.  I'm still not sure....

View PostAlgernon, on 14 December 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

That guy seemed pretty harsh on the Batwing. I don't think it looked that bad at all. A little flat maybe, but still decent.
Yeah, it's not awful but the last version was better.

View PostJediAnakin, on 14 December 2011 - 03:49 PM, said:

Thanks for linking the reviews Masked Builder. Their views on the Batwing set are quite similar to mine, although I can't help but disagree about the Batmobile. I love it. Okay I admit I would of preferred the Tumbler, but I do love the Batmobile.
You're welcome.  I don't like the black rims either, and it does look a bit long.
Alexis Fenral

#1395 Zarkan

Zarkan

• Greviously Renamed Gungan

Member: 569

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

Actually, so far I'm in complete agreement with the FBTB reviews. Lex Luthor's Power Armor has really grown on me, and I'm honestly shocked at how much the new Batmobile improves on the old one. In the same way, I agree that the Batwing is a huge disappointment, especially compared to the amazing first edition version.  :sadnew:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1396 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

Member: 20608

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

Clearer pic of the Two-Face goon backprinting:
Posted Image
Dak Shadeaux, Level 15 Black Knight
HP: 30/30 Ether: 0/0
SP: 12 Power: 25 (20 for ranged attacks)
Gold: 3 Artifacts: Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was inflicted to a party member last)*protects from badly poisoned-effect*, Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Pheonix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine.

#1397 LegoDad

LegoDad

• Hinck's New Hero

Member: 23098

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

I preordered the Funhouse,Catwoman Chase, and Two Face sets from S@H yesterday.  Can't wait.  Free shipping on orders over $49 right now.  I already had bought the kid the City Harbor a while ago for Christmas, but it will probably see ebay now, and we'll play with these assuming they make it in time.
Now playing as Lacey Davis in Trumpetking's CMF Mafia 2
Town Watcher Lefsi Red-Shirt in Ragnarok Now Redux - Killed Night 4
Vanilla Town  Alicia Pines in TrumpetKing's Collectible Minifigures Mafia - Killed Night 2
Town Mason Liz Devon in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia - Killed Night 3
Scum RoleCop Loverboy in Zepher's Mafia Mafia game. - Lynched Day 2
Vanilla Town Claire Standish in Aperture Academy Mafia School - Killed Night 10

#1398 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

Member: 20608

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

More (clear) pics of the sets and minifigs:
Posted Image
6860-4.jpg

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The use of parts on Batman's wing-pack is very innovative. :thumbup:

Edited by Hinckley, 14 December 2011 - 10:27 PM.
Removed enormous picture

Dak Shadeaux, Level 15 Black Knight
HP: 30/30 Ether: 0/0
SP: 12 Power: 25 (20 for ranged attacks)
Gold: 3 Artifacts: Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was inflicted to a party member last)*protects from badly poisoned-effect*, Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Pheonix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine.

#1399 Super Fish Oil

Super Fish Oil

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:17 PM

View PostDarth Nihilus, on 14 December 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

More (clear) pics of the sets and minifigs:
The use of parts on Batman's wing-pack is very innovative. :thumbup:
Looks like Bane has taken over as Nightwing :laugh:

It's great that FBTB has been doing reviews and thanks to the people who've been linking to them. I'd still like to see some from here though, but those reviews still seem helpful and I guess I do have an even better idea of what I'm getting (no matter what).

Guess I need to plan some Batwing improvements though...any suggestions for landing gear? :sceptic: What did the first Batwing use?

In other news, the Super Heroes mini site has been down (at least for me), I wonder if it's being updated, as tomorrow is the 15.

Edited by Hinckley, 14 December 2011 - 10:22 PM.
Don't quote pictures, especially enormous ones.

Posted Image

#1400 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

Bane and his leather mask.....I wish he wouldn't tease Robin like that ! :iamded_lol:
I like the Two-Face towing company's vehicle....we tow bank vaults ! :iamded_lol:
Now Cat-woman......now Batman likes ! :smug:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users