MOC Hummer H2 (minifig scale)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 solta

solta

Member: 12677

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

Here is a vehicle for three minifigs to sit in it. My design was inspired by Hummer H2, but this is the closest as I can get. At the rear, there is one more vertical bollard missing, for design to succeed.

The vehicle is suitable for winter:

Posted Image

and for summer:

Posted Image

But if you want something really extreme, then you need to do some custom made shock absorbers. Lego did it decades ago for the vehicles with width of four studs, but for six studs vehicles you need to do it yourself.

Here is the resault:

Posted Image

For more pictures click here: Hummer H2

Edited by solta, 13 March 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#2 L@go

L@go

• Awesome Sport!

Member: 9962

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

I like this a lot, it goes really well with the official Lego 4x4 in that picture on the Kocke forum. I'm not too fond of the gap underneath the doors (where you can see the lifeguard's bare bum...) but it's probably hard to avoid that if you're doing the doors this way.

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

flickr

#3 Rick

Rick

• Where's My Ostrich?

Member: 5261

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

View PostL@go, on 13 March 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

I'm not too fond of the gap underneath the doors (where you can see the lifeguard's bare bum...) but it's probably hard to avoid that if you're doing the doors this way.
You could use a 1 x 2 panel on each side and place 4 jumper plates on the middle 4 (x 2) studs to allow the two minifigs to sit side by side.

#4 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

Very nice build. I think it fits right in with how Lego vehicles are looking these days. I may have to borrow some of these build techniques.

Keep up the good work!
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#5 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Member: 13958

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Cool SUV 'solta', though it looks more like a Wrangler to me. How did you fashion the live axles? Keep up the great builds   Posted Image
-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

#6 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

Very nice 4x4 'solta', it actually reminds me not of a Hummer but of the new retro style landcruiser front ends. :wink:
Brick On 4x4 On 'solta' ! :grin:

#7 solta

solta

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

Thanks everyone for your comments.

View PostRick, on 13 March 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

You could use a 1 x 2 panel on each side and place 4 jumper plates on the middle 4 (x 2) studs to allow the two minifigs to sit side by side.
I already did that. Minifigs are sitting on jumpers. For minifigs to sit side by side you need 6 studs - 3 studs for each minifig (2 studs for legs and 1 stud for both arms). I could move doors a little lower but it would be too low.

View PostLego Guy Bri, on 13 March 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

Cool SUV 'solta', though it looks more like a Wrangler to me. How did you fashion the live axles? Keep up the great builds   Posted Image
Probably really looks like a Wrangler. For live axles I used two "Plates, Modified 2 x 2 with Pin Hole" counter facing (one up and one down) connected with "Technic, Pin". On "down facing Modified Plate with Pin Hole" I connected "Plate, Modified 2 x 4 with Pins" also facing down. I hope this is understandable. My English is not so good. Sorry.

#8 Rick

Rick

• Where's My Ostrich?

Member: 5261

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

View Postsolta, on 14 March 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

I already did that. Minifigs are sitting on jumpers. For minifigs to sit side by side you need 6 studs - 3 studs for each minifig (2 studs for legs and 1 stud for both arms). I could move doors a little lower but it would be too low.
You have a 2 x 6 stud area available for the minifigs to sit side by side. So, I think you could replace the jumper plates on the outside of the vehicle by 1 x 2 panels on each side to close the gap under the door and place 4 jumper plates on the middle 4 x 2 stud area to still achieve the offset seating of the minifigs.

#9 solta

solta

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostRick, on 14 March 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

You have a 2 x 6 stud area available for the minifigs to sit side by side. So, I think you could replace the jumper plates on the outside of the vehicle by 1 x 2 panels on each side to close the gap under the door and place 4 jumper plates on the middle 4 x 2 stud area to still achieve the offset seating of the minifigs.
Oh, sorry. Now I understand what you suggested. I will try that. Thank you very much.

#10 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

View Postsolta, on 14 March 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

Probably really looks like a Wrangler. For live axles I used two "Plates, Modified 2 x 2 with Pin Hole" counter facing (one up and one down) connected with "Technic, Pin". On "down facing Modified Plate with Pin Hole" I connected "Plate, Modified 2 x 4 with Pins" also facing down. I hope this is understandable. My English is not so good. Sorry.

I get what you are saying and can see the upside-down plate underneath, in picture 3, very clever. Speaking of the 3rd pic, what is the boat off in the distance? It has a nice look to it    Posted Image
-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

#11 LEGO Train 12 Volts

LEGO Train 12 Volts

Member: 8037

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

Wonderful MOC ...it looks like the original one!  :wub:
Great realization and awesome suspensions systemm!  :thumbup:
Posted Image   Posted Image

#12 solta

solta

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostLego Guy Bri, on 14 March 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

Speaking of the 3rd pic, what is the boat off in the distance? It has a nice look to it    Posted Image
It's a speed boat. I just quickly assembled it. Nothing special. Nice that you noticed it.

Here are some photos:

Posted Image

Posted Image

For more you can click here: Speed boat

#13 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

View Postsolta, on 15 March 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

It's a speed boat. I just quickly assembled it. Nothing special. Nice that you noticed it.

Thanks for posting it! Now that I've seen it clearly, it's much better. I love the look the curved slopes gives it, a true Gentleman's Racer    Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users