Redhead1982

The Butterfly Town House

indexed.gif B-RM-6B

This time I'm presenting another 16 wide modular town house that was built in parallel with the Dark green town house, hence some of the similarities in the building style can be seen.

dk_med_flesh_house_22.jpg

It can be divided into a roof and 3 floors, all of them furnished.

dk_med_flesh_house_08.jpg

The first floor is the kitchen. Near the front door, there's a coat rack. Above the stove is a shelf with tin cans full of aromatic black tea, and my favourite blue cup.

dark_medium_flesh_house_24.jpg

The second floor is my favourite, it's a living room with a small home office.

dk_med_flesh_house_16.jpg

On the other side of the wall, there are stairs leading to the third floor. This stairs were heavily inspired by amazing design of Flickr user Deborah Higdon, so all the credit goes to Deborah. I find this type of stairs amazing. They're made from panels, which are (too me at least) rather unuseful pieces, and on the other hand, they save some space and look more modern.

dk_med_flesh_house_13.jpg

On the third of floor, there's a bedroom with some wall decorations.

dk_med_flesh_house_17.jpg

From the bedroom, one can access one of my two favourite parts of the building, the terace with a view of the city. There's an umbrella with flexible stand, a chair and some flowers.

dk_med_flesh_house_21.jpg

My other best part of this house is the small balcony on the front side. I think it helps preventing the building from looking monotoneously dull.

dark_medium_flesh_house_27.jpg

I'm far from mastering photography, but I do find this photo suitable for closing a post.

dk_med_flesh_house_03.jpg

There's more photos on my Flickr, MOC Pages and Brickshelf if anyone's interested.

One of my favourite parts is how you've used those otherwise useless arch pieces for the exterior. An ingenious method for stairs, too!

Wow! These are very cool modulars! Way to go!

I love the entrance on the new one; you have added so many neat features in the stairs, furniture and overall design. Very, very nice!

Oh, excellent work, Redhead, this is very stellar in it's design and the buildings look fantastic! :thumbup:

Excellent modular 'Redhead1982', cool interior (though no bathroom :blush: ) and neat exterior trim too ! :classic:

I'm still waiting for the first fashion store MOC though ? :wink:

Brick On with your Friends 'Redhead1982' ! :classic:

There's a lot to like here, and as usual your interiors are of very high quality. I like that surfboard on the wall, and I've seen others use that stair technique as well - it's very nice and, as you say, space-saving. I'm also drawn to those crates you've used on the exterior corners - that looks good. And the colours are nice. Well done - again!

Very, very, very nice work! Like the way you created those stairs, and smart thinking about those crates as the houses' side. Very cool furniture also. At first sight I thought the outside would look a bit to 'modern', but seeing them all together, I must say it looks amazing!

Thanks for the comments, everyone! :blush:

About the bathroom, LT, it's at the neighbours. :grin: I thought of including it, but there was no way to have a terace and a bathroom at the same time. :sceptic:

For the moment, I'll be sorting my bricks for a while now. I made a mess while building the last two MOCs, ordering some BL and buying few Friends. And for after that, I have some ideas already. :wink:

Excellent modular 'Redhead1982', cool interior (though no bathroom :blush: ) and neat exterior trim too ! :classic:

I'm still waiting for the first fashion store MOC though ? :wink:

Brick On with your Friends 'Redhead1982' ! :classic:

Great stuff, amazing design. Your work is fantastic. I like the stairs and all other equipment in the house. Well done.

While I'm not really a fan of stone walls made from 1x1 round plates (they leave too many and too regular gaps), I have to say this is indeed another beautiful building with a great interior. :thumbup:

How many more houses will share the same neighbor's bathroom? And does he get paid for that? ;)

that simple but comprehensive tree outside the house is as amazing as the stairs in your house!

plenty of stone walls to break monotony of the bricks too! :thumbup:

The use of the bathroom has to be payed for. That's how the Corner house's owner is paying for the loan. :grin: I'll try and do my best to make a house with a bathroom next. But first, there's a need for some serious sorting.

How many more houses will share the same neighbor's bathroom? And does he get paid for that? ;)

I really like your female touch on modular building. Especially the living room/office is just spot on. Really great!!!

I also like the 1x1 round tile walls and fenses. It's kind of evolving to be your trademark :wink:

Very nice build! I was thinking of doing my own modular in that medium dark nougat color since the other buildings have such unique color schemes. I can say the colors work really well together here. And very clever idea for the crates as corner wall pieces. It adds a lot of detailing to the exterior.

I was trying to create a more substantial tree for in front of the Fire Brigade, but I kept making it too awkwardly big. Your version is a very nice balance of size. I may have to rework mine to give some more "life" to my downtown.

Keep up the good work! I like the row of the builds together!

I've been itching to use that crate method you used on the front sides of the building. I really like that.

Believe it or not, this was my first tree design. A couple years ago I built one in Medival Market Village (and mine looks lot like it), and that's it. And the stairs aren't my design, its Deborah's

that simple but comprehensive tree outside the house is as amazing as the stairs in your house!

The tree in front of the Fire Brigade is very small, I considered it to put it out front, but didn't like it. But such smaller trees would look great in a row on the pavement or similar.

I was trying to create a more substantial tree for in front of the Fire Brigade, but I kept making it too awkwardly big. Your version is a very nice balance of size.

I'm glad you all like the building. :sweet:

Wow, such creativity. I love this modular. Great colours, great interior design. And the stairs!!! Love it.

Edited by The Dutch Guy

Amazing interior as always, but what really cought my eye were the canisters used for the edges of the facade. Never thought of using them like that before.

Gotta love the stairs too, even if isn't your idea!:wink:

The exterior looked kind of plain, but the interior... WOW! I love the kitchen, all of the furniture, and the kid's bedroom!

[rant]Also medium dark flesh is a terrible color name. LEGO's name for it is medium nougat, which makes a heck of a lot more sense.[/rant]

While I'm not really a fan of stone walls made from 1x1 round plates (they leave too many and too regular gaps), I have to say this is indeed another beautiful building with a great interior. :thumbup:

No,no Cimdwic, it's not like that! The Street has too much rock in it to be plumbable, so she'll be building the communal bathouse next. It's Neo-classic Rome!

Love the building, colour, deign, stonework, balcony, furnitue... *pant*. As a matter of fact, I think this is one of the best modular MOCs I've seen. Between you and Cimdwic, I think I've got some great source material for my own Modulars!

Dakar

I know it's a complicated name, but it's the one I'm familiar with from BL's inventories.

[rant]Also medium dark flesh is a terrible color name. LEGO's name for it is medium nougat, which makes a heck of a lot more sense.[/rant]

Shhh, I told you to keep quiet with my future modular plans! :angry::grin:

No,no Cimdwic, it's not like that! The Street has too much rock in it to be plumbable, so she'll be building the communal bathouse next. It's Neo-classic Rome!

Love the building, colour, deign, stonework, balcony, furnitue... *pant*. As a matter of fact, I think this is one of the best modular MOCs I've seen.

And thanks for the compliments on the house. :blush:

This modular is excellent. I love the interior, especially those stairs and furniture. The building also looks very nice next to your others. :classic:

I'm building my own modular based on the Harry Potter "The Burrow" set, so I'm using a lot of this unusual color as well. I chuckled when I saw that your red awning on the second floor is nearly identical to the awning over my first floor door. At least I can feel good that I did it myself before I saw you had beaten me to the idea!

I really like your creation, and it is great to see someone else building with this color. Now that the new 1x2 textured brick is out there, I expect to see more of these and for the price of this color brick to go up. Glad I bought a huge bag of assorted bricks in this color when they were cheap and undesirable before that new brick appeared on the scene.