Sign in to follow this  
CarsonBrick

MOC: Devil's Snare

Posted it just in time! This is the Devil's Snare scene from Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. I even used Power Functions to light up the wand, although it's hard to tell in this photo. Hope you like it!

6825590818_39824b19f4.jpg

Devil's Snare by Carson Hart, on Flickr

6971709001_d98ed95021.jpg

Devil's Snare 2 by Carson Hart, on Flickr

6825588656_89159d0f08.jpg

Devil's Snare 3 by Carson Hart, on Flickr

6825585942_18d440b5d8.jpg

Devil's Snare 4 by Carson Hart, on Flickr

Fluffy! This was quite the challenge :P

6825591878_4d712aea2b.jpg

Fluffy! by Carson Hart, on Flickr

This was used as a sneak peak earlier on!

6774645629_d0a3fb8145.jpg

Sneak Peak by Carson Hart, on Flickr

And finally, a cool little close up cinematic photo.

6972640951_c5271cab8d.jpg

Relax, Ron! by Carson Hart, on Flickr

Now that's what I call a 'Fluffy' :excited: - AWESOME work 'CarsonBrick' :excited: .....great MOC with lighting too.....Brick On while casting spells 'CarsonBrick' ! :grin:

This is so cool!! Love the light up power functions on the wand!

Nice job on Fluffy, too. Great use of parts, like the minifigure headgear, the minifigure arms, the palm tree trunk for the legs, and all the rest.

I couldn't help but notice that you built the stairs up and out of the MOC. Was that to give them some depth and cast light on them, or to connect this room to future MOCs? I'd be really interested in seeing power functions applied to the Winged Keys and Chess challenges.

Edited by phanstasm

Wow, great job! It took me a second to tell what that blob of pieces is on the top. Once the scene sunk in, I knew. The scene is brilliant and the addition of the light PF adds a lot. You really took a fairly dull scene and livened it up quite nicely. The presentation is nice too. Well done!

Thanks a lot everyone!

This is so cool!! Love the light up power functions on the wand!

Nice job on Fluffy, too. Great use of parts, like the minifigure headgear, the minifigure arms, the palm tree trunk for the legs, and all the rest.

I couldn't help but notice that you built the stairs up and out of the MOC. Was that to give them some depth and cast light on them, or to connect this room to future MOCs? I'd be really interested in seeing power functions applied to the Winged Keys and Chess challenges.

Thanks! I just added it to give it depth and I thought it looked cool. It was there in the movie but it doesn't actually lead to anything. The wood door on the right goes right to the winged keys room.