Sign in to follow this  
LEGOman273

17th Combat Engineering Squad: Mission to Geonosis: Prologue

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

As the Republic's resorces are stretched thinly accross the Galaxy, systems once firmly under Republic control have begun to rebell. One such planet is Geonosis, where Archduke Poggle the Lesser has contructed a massive new munitions foundry capable of producing thousands of Battle Droids per day. The 17th Combat Engineering Squad is being sent to destroy the factory and capture the Archduke, thereby ensuring Republic control of the system.

*On board a Venator-Class Republic Warship, flying through Hyperspace*

*Mace Windu and Yoda are communicating with the Clones via hologram. Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka stand at the side of the table (at the Temple with Windu and Yoda, but do not show up on the hologram)*

Mace Windu: ". . . It is vital that this mission succeeds, otherwise we will have to launch a full-scale invasion to regain control of the planet.

Strykr: "What's the plan?"

Mace Windu: "You will need to disable their sensors in order to reach the landing site undetected. You will then walk ten Kilometers to the south to reach the factory complex. The factory is ray-shielded, so you will be using portable H-E-R deflector shield generators to enter the facility."

Ahsoka: "H-E-R?"

Slicer (to Ahsoka): "High Energy Repulsion."

Razor: "Are they safe?"

Slicer: "Relatively. They produce EMFs and radiation, but it's only harmful if you're exposed to them for a long time.'

Mace Windu: "Once inside, you will plant detonators on the main reactor, and quickly exit through this route. As long as you stick to the plan, all should go well."

*The ship's Admiral walks up to Strykr*

Admiral: "Sergent, we are preparing to exit Hyperspace. Your shuttle is waiting in the main hangar."

Strykr: "Good. We'll be right there."

Mace Windu: "Good luck, and May the Force be With You."

Dax: "Thanks, we'll need it."

6821623362_4eb96bbc1f.jpg

6821623372_001da134fc.jpg

6821623376_798a2cbdf6.jpg

6821623378_2bfb7982c1.jpg

6967743657_e832aa3ab7.jpg

Without 'Figs:

6967743661_57b4a34150.jpg

The Clones and their shield generators:

6967743643_e90769d504.jpg

6967743647_5bd4f542aa.jpg

C&C please!

Nice job on the backpacks :thumbup:, I like the idea of them. The Venator set is great. By prequel, this is set before the last few scenes you did?

Nice job on the backpacks :thumbup:, I like the idea of them. The Venator set is great. By prequel, this is set before the last few scenes you did?

Not really, though it could be. I haven't worked out a timeline yet. It is the prologue to the Mission to Geonosis.

If you have watched "Landing at Point Rain", you will know about the success of this mission. :classic:

Looks cool. The jetpacks are genius!

Thank you! Only they are not jetpacks, but portable shield generators. :wink:

If you have watched "Landing at Point Rain", you will know about the success of this mission. :classic:

I have an it was great :sweet:.

Prologue Part Two

*A Nu-Class Attack Shuttle exits Hyperspace and approaches Geonosis*

Pilot 1: "We are nearing Geonosis, make your final preperations."

Slicer: "I've jammed their sensors; we won't be detected as long as we stay at least ten Kilometers to the north of the factory."

*Incoming Transmission*

6970396745_faa44cbd4f.jpg

Strykr: "General Kenobi, is everything alright?"

Obi-Wan: "There has been a change of plans. A sandstorm has been spotted to the north of the landing zone; you will need to land closer to the foundry than anticipated."

Strykr: "We can't. We'll be detected. The closer we get, the more likely it is the Geonosians will see us and sure up their defenses."

Obi-Wan: "We have no choice. Walking ten Kilometers in this storm would be lethal."

Strykr: "We'll do what we have to, then. I'll report back later."

*End Transmission*

Pilot 1: "We're under atrack!"

Pilot 2: "Shields up at full power. We're going in"

Strykr: "Brace yourselves! Prepare to deploy as soon as we reach the surface."

Pilot 1: "The flack's too thick; I don't know if we can make it through!"

Strykr: "Just get as close as you can. We can handle things from there."

Pilot 1: "Copy that, Sergent."

*Explosion and then alarms sound*

Pilot 2: "We're hit!"

Strykr: "Get ready!"

*Shuttle Crashes*

OOC: The next part (an actual MOC, rather than a backdrop) will be up tomorrow.

Edited by LEGOman273